• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

personal terms were probably verbally agreed, then the medical took place, and then contracts were supposed to be signed

could be that Fazio just had a change of heart and doesnt want to move to WBrom and used the personal terms as a way out. Maybe another club has come in for him, a better club. Possibly Spanish?

Sounds to me west brom pulled plug and maybe someone like Johnny Evans or united got in touch with them to do deal ? Can't be personal terms .. Why go thru any of that if u can't agree contract ..a medical is last step .. Fact. He went for medical says he was keen on going there so unless he has done a Willian and someone else in for him ( which I doubt cos west brom wud have spilt beans ) then it has to be cost at very last minute one of their targets ahead of Fazio wants to join them

so if West Brom are negotiating a deal for Johnny Evans, does that mean Berahino is on his way to Utd

And writing in his column for the Evening Standard, Redknapp says he spoke directly with Edin Hazard - during his time in charge of Spurs - about moving to White Hart Lane.

'Joe Cole was on loan there [in 2012] from Liverpool during that season and he told me he was the best player he had ever played with,' Redknapp says.

'Me and Ian Broomfield, my chief scout, spent most of an afternoon with Hazard and his agent in a very nice hotel trying to convince the boy to come.

'He was keen to move to London and Tottenham was a good fit for him but once you get that far, you then rely on other people to finish it off. In this case, it didn't happen. Money was probably the issue.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3205989/Eden-Hazard-close-joining-Tottenham-Chel53a-money-probably-issue-says-Harry-

who on earth could he be talking about :)

To be fair, Hazard was lifting his skirt at any club that showed an interest in him at the time. I think he must have reeled off at least three clubs that he said he was going to join before joining Chelsea.

I can see him saying all the right things when talking to Broomfield and Harry but then suddenly changing his tune when it came to actually signing a deal.

I always got the impression that we were only ever used by Hazard and his people to get a better deal elsewhere. Not surprising, really. He was one of the most in demand players in Europe in early 2012. Truth is, we never really stood a chance of getting him.

To be fair, Hazard was lifting his skirt at any club that showed an interest in him at the time. I think he must have reeled off at least three clubs that he said he was going to join before joining Chel53a.

I can see him saying all the right things when talking to Broomfield and Harry but then suddenly changing his tune when it came to actually signing a deal.

I always got the impression that we were only ever used by Hazard and his people to get a better deal elsewhere. Not surprising, really. He was one of the most in demand players in Europe in early 2012. Truth is, we never really stood a chance of getting him.

we werent a bad team ourselves. Modric, Bale, VDV, even Adebayor playing well

I think it's also fair to say that we should take anything that Harry says with a massive pinch of salt. Everything that he ever says about his time at Spurs is, after all, very carefully designed to paint himself as saintly and deserving of all the credit for all the good things that happened at that time - and none of the blame for the things that didn't go so well.

So when he claims that, after all his work, the Hazard deal was as good as in the bag before "other people" fudged it up, I think there has to be at least a large element of doubt as to how true that is.

that is expensive for a non scoring non assisting attacker....id much rather give Pritchard more of a chance than spend 20 mill on Bolasie. Pritchard has a different skillset but can play that wide left role

£20m for Bolasie is massively overpriced, even in this market.

Would rather see Pritchard given a go.

I wouldn't suggest he is primarily for the left, he actually plays more off the right and I think he is better than Townsend and Lamela with ease. He can play off the left if required which is a bonus. Pritchard would definitely still have his place, personally I would play him ahead of Chadli/Eriksen in some games. £20m is not a great deal overall these for someone who creates but doesn't necessarily score many. Lamela cost nearly £30m and I don't see him likely to score 10 goals a season, in Bolasie you are paying the premium for someone who has played their entire career here more or less and has the attributes to succeed physically in this league.

All personal opinion but for me I think £20m for him would be a good deal and an upgrade on the options we have for the right hand side.

To be fair, Hazard was lifting his skirt at any club that showed an interest in him at the time. I think he must have reeled off at least three clubs that he said he was going to join before joining Chel53a.

Truth?
Hmm. It's nice to believe what you say. But truth isn't always palatable.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ur-offer-before-Champions-League-failure.html

And writing in his column for the Evening Standard, Redknapp says he spoke directly with Edin Hazard - during his time in charge of Spurs - about moving to White Hart Lane.

'Joe Cole was on loan there [in 2012] from Liverpool during that season and he told me he was the best player he had ever played with,' Redknapp says.

'Me and Ian Broomfield, my chief scout, spent most of an afternoon with Hazard and his agent in a very nice hotel trying to convince the boy to come.

'He was keen to move to London and Tottenham was a good fit for him but once you get that far, you then rely on other people to finish it off. In this case, it didn't happen. Money was probably the issue.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3205989/Eden-Hazard-close-joining-Tottenham-Chel53a-money-probably-issue-says-Harry-

who on earth could he be talking about :)

Maybe he was talking about himself in the third person..

Truth?
Hmm. It's nice to believe what you say. But truth isn't always palatable.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ur-offer-before-Champions-League-failure.html

Link doesn't work, mate.

But I'm presuming that it contains a quote from Hazard saying that he would have joined if we had made the CL.

If Hazard was being honest, then it gives the lie to Harry's claims and he's therefore as much to blame for our failure to land Hazard as Levy is!

However, given Hazard's behaviour at the time, flirting with every club that showed an interest in him, I'm going to take what he said with a pinch of salt.

Link doesn't work, mate.

But I'm presuming that it contains a quote from Hazard saying that he would have joined if we had made the CL.

If Hazard was being honest, then it gives the lie to Harry's claims and he's therefore as much to blame for our failure to land Hazard as Levy is!

However, given Hazard's behaviour at the time, flirting with every club that showed an interest in him, I'm going to take what he said with a pinch of salt.

Mm, Hazard had no need to say anything about being ready and willing to join Spurs as a Chelsea player. Smacks of truth...

Last edited:
Link doesn't work, mate.

That's exactly what it says. So Harry is being economical with the truth. @E3zzle here's an example of a manager telling porkies ;)

That's exactly what it says. So Harry is being economical with the truth. @E3zzle here's an example of a manager telling porkies ;)
First of all he's an ex-manager trying to save his reputation. Second what lie is he telling? That the issue was money? Would't we have more money if we qualified for cl? He even says "probably". If this is your best example, then I'm even more convinced I'm right.;)

fcuk Hazard, lets just give West brom 25 mill and get Berahino in.

if he is the player Poch wants then buy him and thats it. We dont have to buy anyone else now, we can cope comfortably with what we have got until Jan and then see where we are and if the board are willing to invest in any improvements. If not we go on like we are till next summer

but right now we need a striker. A striker!!!!

598844_1.jpg

Imagine where we would be now if we had got Champions League football and landed Hazard :eek:

Sandro Modric
Hazard Vdv Bale
Adebayor(in form)​

Back