• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

I agree with Parklane that our midfielders don't track runners and that causes us defensive problems, but I feel losing possession when our fullbacks are in advanced areas is also a big issue, all our midfielders treat the ball like billionaires on a spree and we give the ball away with 6 or 7 players in front of the ball. Our defenders are also guilty of playing suicide passes close to our penalty area. That is where we lack leadership on the field.

According to Bild, Southampton are apparently willing to pay 16 million euros for Leon Goretzka, of Schalke.

If that's anywhere near true (dunno how reliable Bild is), we should be all over that, imo. 20 years old, relentless defensive midfielder with a lot of physicality about him and a decent pass from deep as well. I did actually watch him a bit for Schalke in 13-14: he looked like a hard-pressing holding DM par excellence at times, although he's clearly still raw and (if he's the same 13-14 player I watched) isn't the most gifted when it comes to making chances higher up the pitch. Still think he's definitely worth a bid, if Schalke really are open to selling.

Kevin Vogts is cheaper;)

Are there any defensively-minded CMs that are really pacey?
I know pace nowadays is always considered an advantage but surely it's not always the most required attribute especially for a DM.

*Although I admit I did cringe a bit watching Stambouli getting skinned that time ;)

Are there any defensively-minded CMs that are really pacey?
I know pace nowadays is always considered an advantage but surely it's not always the most required attribute especially for a DM.

*Although I admit I did cringe a bit watching Stambouli getting skinned that time ;)

i thought Scotty Parker had a whippet like quality about him, quick over short distances

tumblr_npov0wtpPB1qb6v6ro1_500.gif

Surely by definition a good defensive CM wouldn't need to be quick as they would read the game and be in the right place!!

My concern is are there any that are good at both the defensive and offensive sides of the game that are gettable for us???

There must be but I don't know who

a new midfielder name to ponder....Kevin Vogt, yeah never heard of him but he will be cheap

Tottenham are weighing up the summer transfer of Koln’s Kevin Vogt.

The defensive midfielder would be Spurs’ second arrival from Koln after the north London side secured the signing of Kevin Wimmer in May.

Mauricio Pochettino is thought to be very interested in Vogt, according to reports in Germany, and could make an offer before the transfer window is up.

The 6ft 4in German star would be an ideal replacement for Benjamin Stambouli who left White Hart Lane for Paris Saint-Germain for a fee of £6million last month

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/03/tottenham-weigh-up-up-transfer-of-kevin-vogt-5325457/#ixzz3hlzngTmP

Anyone know much about this Vogt player? I'd be interested to hear what Armchair Expert thinks as well, and how he's different from Stambouli for example :eek:

.....though because it's the Metro, then no doubt its just clickbait..still fun to talkpost anyway...

Anyone know much about this Vogt player? I'd be interested to hear what Armchair Expert thinks as well, and how he's different from Stambouli for example :eek:

.....though because it's the Metro, then no doubt its just clickbait..still fun to talkpost anyway...

Vogts is taller, not so handsome, and is German. Thats 3 differences for you;)

Back