• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

BweX4PAIQAAHNUz.jpg

Last minute bid?

Liverpool - Balotelli
Man Utd - Falcao/Di Maria
Chelsea - Costa/Fab
Arsenal - Sanchez/Wellbeck
Emirates Marketing Project - Got enough already

We have lost considerable ground. People can say we have a new signing in Lamela but he gets picked off so often at PL pace. Looks so rushed in possession. Soldado's situation has worsened (didnt think that was possible - looks 3rd choice and now injured).

Poch continually hindering our main goal outlet last season (C.E.) by changing his position to right or center.

Loss of Sandro - how he cant command a place in front of what I saw Sunday I do not know. He was left out of the Liverpool games last season (was fit at the time).....clue?

Im worried. Abuse me if you want, but if you come back to this post in May and we are 4th or 5th I will be very surprised.

Liverpool - Balotelli
Man Utd - Falcao/Di Maria
Chelsea - Costa/Fab
Arsenal - Sanchez/Wellbeck
Emirates Marketing Project - Got enough already

We have lost considerable ground. People can say we have a new signing in Lamela but he gets picked off so often at PL pace. Looks so rushed in possession. Soldado's situation has worsened (didnt think that was possible - looks 3rd choice and now injured).

Poch continually hindering our main goal outlet last season (C.E.) by changing his position to right or center.

Loss of Sandro - how he cant command a place in front of what I saw Sunday I do not know. He was left out of the Liverpool games last season (was fit at the time).....clue?

Im worried. Abuse me if you want, but if you come back to this post in May and we are 4th or 5th I will be very surprised.
I'm with ya mate

Ade wont get 15 goals this season. Kane wont get 15 goals this season (and next combined) and Soldado wont even get the chance to get 15 goals this season.

We are doomed.

Ade wont get 15 goals this season. Kane wont get 15 goals this season (and next combined) and Soldado wont even get the chance to get 15 goals this season.

We are doomed.

What else do you know in that crystal ball of yours? I wish I knew as much as you after 2 weeks of competitive football...

If only the transfer deadline hadn't come one day after the Liverpool defeat. I think that defeat has leg to more negativity than would otherwise be present.

I can't pretend to be happy with the transfer window but I'm not writing our season off just yet either. We've signed good defensive players and the attacking players we have just need to show more of themselves.

We are doomed.

I reckon of those three you're wrong about ade. He's usually good for at least 15 is a season. His strike rate is generally consistent with spurs, and pretty good at that.

Ha ha these reactions are embarrassing. We finished 6th with a similar team last year. We sacked a manager and hugely under performed, what we need is a manager with a plan and some stability. I'm disappointed we're not getting Welbeck, but apart from that we are in MUCH better shape than this time last year, or at the end of the January window.

If only the transfer deadline hadn't come one day after the Liverpool defeat. I think that defeat has leg to more negativity than would otherwise be present.

I can't pretend to be happy with the transfer window but I'm not writing our season off just yet either. We've signed good defensive players and the attacking players we have just need to show more of themselves.

Agreed. I think the Liverpool game came a couple of months too early for us. I'll hedge my bets that most peoples' gripes with the transfer window are forgotten once we get going, I think we've got a good competitive squad with potential to grow....

Can someone who is more Statto-ish than me sum up the last 8 close-season windows in terms of good or bad or ins and outs. All I can remember is losing Berb/Mod/Bale/VDV and gaining some players with less quality than those....

Ha ha these reactions are embarrassing. We finished 6th with a similar team last year. We sacked a manager and hugely under performed, what we need is a manager with a plan and some stability. I'm disappointed we're not getting Welbeck, but apart from that we are in MUCH better shape than this time last year, or at the end of the January window.

How exactly? I want to agree but I want some evidence. Ta.

How exactly? I want to agree but I want some evidence. Ta.

We've addressed the area which everyone could see was an issue at LB and potentially CB (no one knows who Fazio will do.) We have a proper manager now. I don't think we needed a whole lot else.

Everyone wants a striker, but we don't need to spunk £19m on Bony. We need someone world class, and sadly that's just not going to happen.

We're not finishing in the top 4. We need to be realistic about where we stand and build a team through stability and a manager who knows what he's doing. Based on Poch's time at Southampton, we have the man to do that. That is why we are in better shape than last season.

We've addressed the area which everyone could see was an issue at LB and potentially CB (no one knows who Fazio will do.) We have a proper manager now. I don't think we needed a whole lot else.

Everyone wants a striker, but we don't need to spunk £19m on Bony. We need someone world class, and sadly that's just not going to happen.

We're not finishing in the top 4. We need to be realistic about where we stand and build a team through stability and a manager who knows what he's doing. Based on Poch's time at Southampton, we have the man to do that. That is why we are in better shape than last season.

I really want him to do well. I just dont think we have advanced that much.....I wanted us to be sniffing round Wellbeck/Remy/Griezmann/even Torres!? We must have money....He obviously wants to build from the back. Question, do you rate our midfield 2 from Sunday? (Capoue and Bentelab).

I really want him to do well. I just dont think we have advanced that much.....I wanted us to be sniffing round Wellbeck/Remy/Griezmann/even Torres!? We must have money....He obviously wants to build from the back. Question, do you rate our midfield 2 from Sunday? (Capoue and Bentelab).

Welbeck I wanted as our left wing forward, unfortunately we never had a chance with Griezmann. Depay is the other, but still just a prospect. Wages rule people like Torres out.

Capoue and Bentaleb don't excite that much, but just a week ago people were creaming themselves after their performance against QPR. Schneiderlin is the obvious one we should have got, but we couldn't make Southampton sell. Hopefully Strambouli can fill that role.

Back