• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated
.@DiMarzio understands Tottenham hold a serious interest in Sevilla striker Carlos Bacca. #THFC

If that's true, half the board will meltdown over the signing of a relatively un tried striker from Spain.

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated
.@DiMarzio understands Tottenham hold a serious interest in Sevilla striker Carlos Bacca. #THFC

hopefully DMarzio is deflecting attention from the real target.....no thanks to Mr Bacca

I think the tone of my post has been missed. I was trying to make a point about how people lambast Soldado

Getting linked with £45m move for MS and Bony in the mirror today. Obviously it's the mirror but I really want these two. Happy to sell Paulinho and Soldado to help fund it.

Getting linked with £45m move for MS and Bony in the mirror today. Obviously it's the mirror but I really want these two. Happy to sell Paulinho and Soldado to help fund it.
Would be very happy with both, but not to replace Soldado and Paulinho! Sandro, though loved by everyone, is the one we should replace.
Does not help being "the Beast" when he's more often out injured than not. Also he's ball control is awful. Soldado is a "keeper". Both Bony and Ade will be away for africa cup.
So you'll want us to be left with just Kane to lead the attack then? That would be a real concern!

Last edited:

So you want Harry Kane to be our only senior forward for the following games?

Sunderland (H)
West Brom (A)
Arsenal (H)
And maybe even Liverpool (A)

Would be very happy with both, but not to replace Soldado and Paulinho! Sandro, though loved by everyone, is the one we should replace.
Does not help being "the Beast" when he's more often out injured than not. Also he's ball control is awful. Soldado is a "keeper". Both Bony and Ade will be away for africa cup.
So you'll want us to be left with just Kane to lead the attack then? That would be a real concern!

No, it isn't.

People assume, just because he's primarily a destroyer, that he has no ability on the ball. I'm not saying that he's Messi, but he has plenty enough ability to do the job we need him to do.

I'm not assuming. Almost every time he tries to advance with the ball, he loses control, and ends up either giving it away, getting it far ahead and forced to give a bad pass, having to lunge into a tackle or gets into a scramble. I could give you hundreds of examples if I had some video of our games.
Yes he is very good protecting the back 4, but there are players capable of both. I'd rather have that.

I'm not assuming. Almost every time he tries to advance with the ball, he loses control, and ends up either giving it away, getting it far ahead and forced to give a bad pass, having to lunge into a tackle or gets into a scramble. I could give you hundreds of examples if I had some video of our games.
Yes he is very good protecting the back 4, but there are players capable of both. I'd rather have that.

Well, I can only say that you've been watching a completely different Sandro to me over the years.

I dunno, perhaps you've formed your opinion based on the clearly not properly recovered Sandro of last season, when no part of his game was as it should be?

19 years ago TODAY Boro signed Nicky Barmby for £5.25 million. Suddenly £15 million for a decent forward in today's market doesn't sound too bad.

LAZIO are considering a shock move for Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul.

Reports coming out of Italy suggest the Frenchman is on a shortlist of defenders being assessed by the Serie A side.

Kaboul, 28, is apparently valued at around £6m by Spurs and Lazio are reluctant to pay that price for a defender of his age who is susceptible to injury.

However the Romans are happy to wait until nearer the end of August when the north London club may lower their asking price depending on their activity in the transfer window.

Mauricio Pochettino is keen to bolster his defence as Spurs had the most generous back line in the Premier League top six last season, conceding 51 goals, and has already signed youngster Eric Dier from Sporting Lisbon.

Spurs are also reportedly interested in Villarreal defender Mateo Musacchio, if that deal goes through it could open the door for Kaboul to leave for Italy.

Meanwhile the Lillywhites are said to be in contract talks with representatives of former Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o who was released at the end of last season.

The 33-year-old Cameroonian wants one more season at the top level of European football and woud prefere to remain in the Premier League.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/392449/Tottenham-defender-Younes-Kaboul-targetted-by-Lazio

So you want Harry Kane to be our only senior forward for the following games?

Sunderland (H)
West Brom (A)
Arsenal (H)
And maybe even Liverpool (A)

I would have no problem with that. Either he is in the first team picture and a sensible option or he's not. At some point young players in and around the team have to play. It looks to me as if all the signs suggest the Kane is ready for first team football, and I wold go so far as to say based on last season he is at least as good, if not a better, option than Soldado.

If rumours are to be believed, apparently Kagawa and Hernandez are surplus to requirements at United. I'd have them in a heartbeat.

I would have no problem with that. Either he is in the first team picture and a sensible option or he's not. At some point young players in and around the team have to play. It looks to me as if all the signs suggest the Kane is ready for first team football, and I wold go so far as to say based on last season he is at least as good, if not a better, option than Soldado.

That may be so, but for him to be our ONLY striking option for a month? I guess injuries, suspensions and poor form don't come into it?

Back