• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

We don't know the ins and outs of the deal and we don't know what has been discussed or offered between the clubs over the summer. I'm not too bothered about what is written in the press. We've had a fantastic summer and if Bale goes for a little less than £80m, it is still a third more than he is really worth.

Yeah, not sure the details in the press can be entirely trusted.

Like you, at this point, I don't care. Had this been earlier in the window before we had done (so much of) our business then I might be more concerned about the actual price. Now though, whatever the price ends up being we've found a way to fund incoming players that will make us a stronger team than we were last season and bring some properly exciting players to the Lane.

Will be annoyed if Real get Bale for just 78m as claimed by the Spanish media. That is 22m lower than the 100m we initially wanted. Why should Levy lower so much fee and conditions to accomodate Real ? We will only show ourselves to be weak everytime we lower the fee to sell our players. Wish we can reject Real. But I guess after spending more than 100m, we have to recoup that money by selling Bale. I am sure Real are desperate to sign Bale, so there is no need to lower the fee.

If its that low we could be getting something else, dare I say 20% of image rights of Bale over the term of his contract would be a start.

We have to be careful of narratives based on press reports. The €100m world record bid and us wanting £100m could both be far from the mark. The other thing to remember is that this reduced fee is supposed to be the lump sum offer rather than instalments. But again we don't know.

With work hopefully about to start on the stadium, the improved cash flow may save money elsewhere. I trust that Levy will have done the calculations.

I'm a bit curious, with all this spending, shouldn't Real have the upper hand in negotiations now ?

And if they pull the plug, what would be the repercussions ?

I'm a bit curious, with all this spending, shouldn't Real have the upper hand in negotiations now ?

Uncle Joe......

seriously Madrid are too far down the line.....it will be done.....if not there will always be other takers for Bale....perhaps not at 86m though.

IMO if this was completed we would have made a statement along the lines of Tottenham have agreed the sale etc etc. We would not wait for them to announce. Besides, I'd imagine this Perez and with his m o cannot wait to tell everyone. Silence means no deal yet.

We win the league

Exactly. This is still win-win for us. If by some miracle Bale stays, the added profile he gives the club along with the strong possibility that we become title contenders will add enough millions to the coffers (along with near-guaranteed Champions League football) to soften any financial blow. And has been said a million times already; there's no way Levy is relying on the income from Bale's sale to keep the club afloat. He's not going to bet the future of Tottenham Hotspur on a single player transfer (a transfer that one fall down the stairs or serious twist of the knee could scupper).

I'd love the deal to collapse but I don't think it will. Either way, these are happy days for Spurs. And we've no idea how long they're going to last... so enjoy them!

The problem for RM is that stupid bloody podium at the Bernabeu. Dismantling it without Bale arriving would make them look total spoons at this point. Massive PR disaster for Perez. Whereas Levy wouldn't care that much - he'd still have his €90m asset, another £100m of new assets, a shot at the title and serious clout when negotiating the new naming rights deal. I think RM still have more to lose, which is yet more testament to Levy's skills with all this stuff.

I reckon any delays at this point are purely about Levy trying to hamper the Goons business.

We've spend £78m net so far. We've getting an extra 30m in TV money. We'd be fine really Just wouldnt be able to make any other big transfers this season or next without more selling.

Real have a home game tomorrow at noon (local time), so that podium will have to come down.

Real have a home game tomorrow at noon (local time), so that podium will have to come down.

I'm sure he will go there, but that is just hilariously funny looking back at all the **** they've talk in the press in recent weeks (and months) :ross:

If the 'lower fee' is actually a lump sum payment, that is outrageous business on DL's part...hope he also gets the 15 we're still owed for Modric/writes it off against Contrao...

BS_ZcjUIUAAtTDB.jpg:large

Back