• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

If Bale stays, we can win the title. Realistically.
Sadly, I've now accepted that he'll leave.

I agree. But he wont be. However with the signings which we look like concluding, I think we can challenge anyone (literally) in the league and don't see that we aren't title contenders. Our weakness is in bedding in so many new players - in theory we should get better as the season goes on so if we can pick up points in the first 10-15 games like we have v Palace and Swansea, I think we have a genuine shot of finishing right up there

I cannot belive people are really calling Bale **** this **** that!

AVB has made the decision to keep him away from the squad most the summer since he saw in HK there would be an issue!

going AWOL this week is a kick in the teeth but he is not a ****!

once he is gone, I for one will thank him for some of the best nights at the lane I will have in my life (vs inter namely) and the many amazing memories and great times he has provided playing for this club....

He deserves to be at the highest level, we are not there, not by a long shot!

If you are bitter about it, take a step back, look who we replaced him with and what could be, and smile knowing Levy has learnt from Berbatov

Some of the comments here about Bale are well out of order.

He has been a fantastic servant to the club, especially over the last four years since he burst on to seen. He made the difference in getting us CL football in his breakthrough season, and he's been the single biggest reason we've constantly been a team competing to get into the top 4 in that time.

We'd have been a mid table team without him last season.

He has massively increased the exposure of the club worldwide, and it's been an honour to watch him develop into the player he's become.

We're going to get a world record fee for him, on the back of which we've been able to build a stronger team than we had last year, so while we'll lose his ability to win games single handedly, we'll hopefully have less need of it.

Bale was gone the moment we did not secure CL football, and he might have gone anyway.

The lure of the two Spanish giants is hard to resist for any player. The sad truth is he's become too big for Spurs, too big for any English club. He's an elite player who possess a phenomenal amount of attributes.

It has got a little bit messy towards the end, but it was sadly inevitable when such vast amounts of money are involved. What is missing a couple of days training compared to all he's done for Spurs in the last four years?

His hearts are for Madrid fans now, and we should accept that and wish him all the best.

I agree. But he wont be. However with the signings which we look like concluding, I think we can challenge anyone (literally) in the league and don't see that we aren't title contenders. Our weakness is in bedding in so many new players - in theory we should get better as the season goes on so if we can pick up points in the first 10-15 games like we have v Palace and Swansea, I think we have a genuine shot of finishing right up there

I don't think our chances of finishing in the top four are weakened, but without Bale I think we lack that little extra to take us even further. I hope our new signings will prove me wrong though! One thing I'm certain about is that we'll be a very hard team to beat. My worries is about the creativity up front - will Lamela/Eriksen be able to provide the extra, creative spark that we need?

I wonder if Levy might drag out the Bale to RM deal until late on Monday in the hope it scuppers Arsenal trying to strengthen by buying RM players. Why not?

I'll content myself by saying if he goes i hope we get Real in the Champions league next year and at the Lane Sandro or Vertonghen have Bale in their pocket and the crowd chants................

........."TAXI FOR BALE" [-o<

He has been a fantastic servant to the club, especially over the last four years since he burst on to seen. He made the difference in getting us CL football in his breakthrough season, and he's been the single biggest reason we've constantly been a team competing to get into the top 4 in that time.

He has massively increased the exposure of the club worldwide, and it's been an honour to watch him develop into the player he's become.

We're going to get a world record fee for him, on the back of which we've been able to build a stronger team than we had last year, so while we'll lose his ability to win games single handedly, we'll hopefully have less need of it.

Bale was gone the moment we did not secure CL football, and he might have gone anyway.

The lure of the two Spanish giants is hard to resist for any player. The sad truth is he's become too big for Spurs, too big for any English club. He's an elite player who possess a phenomenal amount of attributes.

It has got a little bit messy towards the end, but it was sadly inevitable when such vast amounts of money are involved. What is missing a couple of days training compared to all he's done for Spurs in the last four years?

His hearts are for Madrid fans now, and we should accept that and wish him all the best.

Good post, that's how I see it too. Missing a couple of days training and having his brain fried by all the hype is not enough to warrant some of the harsh comments he's getting.

I'll content myself by saying if he goes i hope we get Real in the Champions league next year and at the Lane Sandro or Vertonghen have Bale in their pocket and the crowd chants................

:lol: That would be classic

That would be epic :ross: :ross:

Says it all. You hate our top goalscorer from last year and also the one from the year before.

Hate? No. Disappointed with how he has behaved yes. Sad to see someone go who refuses to train? Sorry but no again. For me he's ruined the goodwill that he built up with the fans. As for Adebayor? Again I don't hate him but I'm not blind to the fact that he was poor last season. You are literally the only person on here that reckons he was decent last season.

Hate? No. Disappointed with how he has behaved yes. Sad to see someone go who refuses to train? Sorry but no again. For me he's ruined the goodwill that he built up with the fans. As for Adebayor? Again I don't hate him but I'm not blind to the fact that he was poor last season. You are literally the only person on here that reckons he was decent last season.

Actually I'm sure there's one other poster who thinks he was good, just can't remember the name. Still, that's 2 out of over 1,800.

I haven't read the thread since our exchange, but let me just say I apologize for any overreaction perceived. Take away the word 'mod', that has nothing to do with it. i would hope to be able to not get into these sort of unsavory exchanges.

Sheringham was my favorite player of that era, and I was gutted, but I understood. I know how much he loved the club, I even had the pleasure of watching an NLD with him (he was in the row in front!) and we were both off our seats yelling all the time. He was genuinely ****ed over by Sugar. Campbell? What can anyone say! Look, I remember when Ricky Villa left, and when Glenn went I shed tears because he was THE love affair of all-time. So I'm with you mate, we've all seen them come and go, and we all move on, life is about doing that.

I was just expressing the fact that beyond it all, I felt sad. Bale is a rare, rare thing. We'll be lucky to see anything close to that for at the very least a decade IMO. We will probably be more successful than ever now, and I will love every minute of it, but I am still sad to see him go, and when he holds the Madrid shirt up, it will sting. Its not about expecting Bale to 'love the club' it's about having watched a young man who loves his football very quickly get schooled by the game. The tactics. The threats. The brinksmanship. All of it. It's about watching that AND ultimately seeing him disrespect the club. It's sad. I made mention earlier, and will do again, that I am very happy AVB loaded him with some responsibility, obviously he cannot escape untouched and neither should he because he's done his bit starting in Hong Kong. But I'm still sad mate.

Bill Shankley said something I will always not necessarily WILLINGLY agree with, but which with every passing year seems to resonate in my (busy with work and wife and kids like us all) life.

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Again, apologies for my part in our exchange, but we are obviously very, very different people. I will, for all my sins, continue to throw my heart into things...perhaps wrecklessly at times...but it's the only way I know and it helps me feel alive. And I will say this regarding Gareth Bale...that in my opinion, it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. I hope, in due course, I can find it in me to forgive him.

COYS

Ok thanks.

My apologies for my part in derailing the thread.

From now on I might take a cooling off period on certain days i.e. last day of the season, after defeats to certain clubs etc.

No hard feelings.

Actually I'm sure there's one other poster who thinks he was good, just can't remember the name. Still, that's 2 out of over 1,800.

I think that in terms of the role he was asked to play he did well enough. In terms of what many WANTED him to do it would never be good enough. Same goes for a few others as well. What the fans want to see isn't necessarily what the coach wants or what is best for the team.

I think that in terms of the role he was asked to play he did well enough. In terms of what many WANTED him to do it would never be good enough. Same goes for a few others as well. What the fans want to see isn't necessarily what the coach wants or what is best for the team.

At the risk of going waaaay OT, I'm pretty sure AVB didn't ask Ade to trap a ball 10yds, pass to the corner flag, hide behind defenders in the box and shoot at the keeper.

;)

I for one will be relieved when he has gone. Good luck Gareth and thanks for the good times....but all things come to an end. We have raked in millions from his sale and as a result we will be much stronger this season with all of the players we have brought in. We will now be a team of excellent players insteadof a team of good players and one outstanding player.

I wish him all the best and I hope (for his sake) he settles down - but I hope those bastards at Madrid win feck all, florentino perez gets ousted and Marca go bust because the way Madrid have behaved in all of this is an absolute disgrace.

At the risk of going waaaay OT, I'm pretty sure AVB didn't ask Ade to trap a ball 10yds, pass to the corner flag, hide behind defenders in the box and shoot at the keeper.

;)

Then there's those that only see what they want as well... :-"

It was pretty obvious our game plan last season was to create time and space for Bale to have a shot.

Feigned injury all pre-season
Not turned up for training
Had his agent leaking stories to the media on a daily basis

I'm not naive, I know all players want to play for Real and all players will go through various methods to get that move. I don't begrudge him his move.

Its the not turning up for training one I don't understand. By this point, it is quite clear we are willing to let him go and are negotiating the deal. So what's the point? Why throw it in AVB's and our faces like that? You have a few more days to turn up for training at hellish Spurs before you get your dream move. Is that really that hard?

Agreeable on virtually all points.

I have only read the last few pages and some people are complaining that they can't believe stuff Bale is being called etc and that we should be grateful for his service and so forth and it is an attitude I can't really understand. Why should we be grateful for his service? He has been handsomely rewarded with 2 contracts since his explosion onto the scene and been given mass exposure because he was playing for Tottenham Hotspur at that time. Being grateful then should be a two way street in that scenario and his behaviour over the last 3 days is showing him to be extremely ungrateful.

I don't agree with him being called all the names under the sun although I am sure that isn't quite what has happened but I can certainly see why people are angered and frustrated, regardless of all the lovely players we might have brought in. We don't know for sure about him feigning injury - that could have been a club move but the facts that are undeniable are that Gareth Bale has refused to return to training after being given time off because he thinks the club are stringing out a potential transfer and that his behaviour and that of his agent, is becoming a destructive influence on the club.

He has 3 years left on his contract and is being very well paid as a result of that contract. If the club decide they haven't received an offer that meets the valuation of the player then you carry on as normal. It really isn't difficult. Tottenham hasn't suddenly become an unbearable place to be since May so the overdramatic nature of the behaviour is souring the memories our supporters will have of him. It is completely unneccessary behaviour and whilst I have no doubt that the Jonathan Barnett will have been in his ear telling him just what he should do, ultimately, Bale is an adult who knows that regardless of whether he wants a move or not, that his behaviour is wrong and is not in his best interests overall.

I doubt that anybody connected with the club begrudges him the move but there is a right way and a wrong way to conduct yourself during a process like this and the bottom line is that a deal could fall through on a any point of principle with Real so until Bale has signed another contract with another club he should behave properly towards his employer who he was happy to sign for in 2012 for another 4 years as he could end up having stay another year in difficult circumstances, having burnt bridges.

My own personal feelings are that I don't think I would want him back now and that he has been quite disrespectful to the club and in turn, the fans during this last part of the window. Wish him all the best but I don't think it is the right move for him and certainly not at this stage of his career but some people won't be told.

Last edited:

Any Spurs fan would be stupid to begrudge him a move to Real Madrid, but I don't think anyone is doing that. They are upset with how he has conducted himself over the summer.

Missing a game thorough a buttock injury? Really?
Having his agent feed stories to the media.
Refuse to train with the rest of the squad.

Also, isn't it hard to wish him the best considering the club he is going to and how they have behaved towards us this summer and in the past? If he plays well for Madrid, it increases their chance of succes and I for one don't want them to win anything this season anytime in the foreseeable future.

Back