• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Stobart saying that talks are opening. Followed up on twitter saying that he things Levy will try to hold out for £100m.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/07/31/4154919/bale-talks-open-tottenham-real-madrid-start-negotiations

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has opened dialogue with the Liga giants in the last 24 hours and is expected to meet Florentino Perez on August 6 to discuss a world-record deal

By Greg Stobart

Tottenham have finally opened talks with Real Madrid over the £100 million sale of Gareth Bale, with club officials increasingly convinced the Welshman will leave this summer, Goal can reveal.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has been adamant all summer that the club's prize asset would not be sold under any circumstances.

However, Real's concerted campaign has borne fruit in the last couple of days, with their most recent tactic - a warning to Bale and his advisors that it is 'now or never' for him to force a move - prompting the 24-year-old to privately declare in a meeting with Levy that he wants to join the Spanish giants.

That has led the Spurs chairman, whose 'no sale' policy had been fully backed by owner Joe Lewis, to open dialogue with Real in the last 24 hours, with a meeting between Levy and Madrid president Florentino Perez expected to take place on August 6 in Florida.

Even now Levy will only sanction a sale if the deal - cash only - smashes the world record £80m fee Real paid for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009. Tottenham are keen on Real left-back Fabio Coentrao, in particular, while Angel Di Maria is also seen by many as a good like-for-like replacement for Bale.

But big-money player exchange deals are a complicated matter, and Levy is keen that he realises the full monetary value for a player who still has three years left on his contract, preferring to keep any follow-up bid for Coentrao and Di Maria separate.

Though it is not a foregone conclusion that the transfer will go ahead - as recently as Monday, Tottenham were insistent no bids had yet even been formalised - Levy and manager Andre Villas-Boas are now making plans for the coming weeks to bolster the squad in Bale's absence.

Roberto Soldado is expected to arrive in a £25m deal from Valencia, joining fellow big-money recruits Paulinho and Nacer Chadli, while Romanian defender Vlad Chiriches is also expected to sign in a £7m deal from Steaua Bucharest.

It looks increasingly likely, though, that they will not be lining up alongside Bale next season, with Real pulling out all the stops to land a 'Galactico' summer signing to rival Barcelona's £50m capture of Neymar.

Despite telling Spurs of his desire to leave the club for Real, Bale has been keen to underline his happiness at the north Londoners and could yet play a part in a behind-closed-doors friendly against a non-league opponent on Thursday.

Further still, should negotiations with Madrid break down, it is still expected that the former Southampton youngster will play a full and committed part under Villas-Boas in the 2013-14 campaign as Spurs aim to claim a place in top four of the Premier League.

But with Levy now willing to talk to Perez and Real desperate to land their number-one target, a world-record deal is now more likely than ever to be completed in the coming weeks.

Is Stobart the one who is close to AVB?

We could have gotten Soldado in January for £15m? I think you need to check, or post, your sources for that one...

Levy has consistently given the managers the money the club has had available to spend. No money has been taken out of the club for a very long time and meanwhile our debt has grown.

Not paying over the odds for players is a good thing.

/off topic.

I don't believe or agree with this.

we could have got Negredo for 15 mill in Jan, not Soldado...Soldado was never offered to us. Spurspanyol says so, and he knows his Spanish onions

We could have gotten Soldado in January for £15m? I think you need to check, or post, your sources for that one...

Levy has consistently given the managers the money the club has had available to spend. No money has been taken out of the club for a very long time and meanwhile our debt has grown.

Not paying over the odds for players is a good thing.

/off topic.

Good post.

barring Berbatov of course.

Ban anyone who slags off Bale.

There is no correlation between the volume of media crap being printed and the likelihood of Bale leaving. No one has a fudging clue what is going on.

Is Stobart the one who is close to AVB?

I don't know who he is close to at the club.

He seems to get things right more often than other journalists when it comes to Spurs and he's not as sensationalistic as most other journalists.

One of the better sources out there imo.

Just watched that video of the 31 goals he scored last season. Whilst I do obviously understand why anyone would wanna go to Madrid, it did get me thinking... Why do more players not want to just stay at one club and become legends?

He's obviously been loving life at Spurs- star man at the club, universally loved by all fans, playing his best ever football, in a team that is challenging at the top of the league (and from the transfers we've made so far is only getting better), is getting paid very well... In some ways I think why would you leave?

Of course the prestige of playing for the world's biggest club, in the Champions League and challenging for the title every year, would be super, but there's still a big risk of things going wrong. He may not settle into the team, not be happy in a foreign country, the pressure on him would be even greater than it is here. There's no way of knowing for certain that a move would improve his career as such.

I often just think why not stay at Spurs- life is good, he's happy, from what I can see gets on well with the team and manager and is settled. If he leaves now I don't think he can be considered a Spurs legend, whereas in a season or two he could be up there with the likes of Greaves, Hoddle et al, rather than being just another great player through the revolving doors of Madrid. Meh, we'll have to wait and see.

and how much are you going to pay Bale whilst all this money is flowing in?

Well technically he's under contract for three years, so Spurs wouldn't have to do anything but stick to his current salary.

I would gladly break our wage structure to make surte Bale stays, though.

I don't believe or agree with this.

This is certainly not the place for that discussion again. Let's just agree to disagree as it's probably not the time for it either.

Good post.

barring Berbatov of course.

The Berbatov money was spent the following January, and then some iirc.

Selling Bale close to the deadline could be a worry, although I think Berbatov is the only example of that happening under Levy?

I don't think we'll see that happen in this case personally so I'm not too worried.

Well technically he's under contract for three years, so Spurs wouldn't have to do anything but stick to his current salary.

I would gladly break our wage structure to make surte Bale stays, though.

in the same technical way, Bale can stick to that 3 year contract and see it out before leaving for free

So its started.

The abuse.

Its really gonna encourage him to stay.

Sorry, was tongue in cheek. I've nothing against Bale at all. Wonderful player, best I've seen in a Spurs shirt, and I wouldn't begrudge him a move if he goes. I think, so far, he's conducted himself with more class and dignity than most players in his position over the years.

If he does decide to leave because of an off the cuff comment on a message board, then I'm gonna start using my influence a little bit more.

Stobart usually gets things right.....if he says Spurs have opened a dialogue with Real because Bale has made it clear he wants to leave, id pretty much believe it

that 100 mill could go along way to paying a huge chunk of the new stadium, a new stadium that Levy is finding difficult to get a naming sponsor to help pay for it

from this point of view, the money might be more important to the clubs future than Bale
But here's the rub. If Bale stays, he not only increases our chances of qualifying for the CL and who knows even winning a trophy or two, we'll also accrue most of that kind of money from Europe AND ergo be that much more attractive to a potential stadium sponsor. On top of all that we get to continue watching one of the three best talents in world football plus all the attention and kudos that comes with it, as well as becoming that much more attractive to he best players from around the world.

Win,win, win, win, win!

Forever the optimist, but if the money is right, then I'm certain he will leave, maybe Levy will reject all big money this year and allow him to leave next year for less similar to Modric but it's not looking good.

COYS.

But here's the rub. If Bale stays, he not only increases our chances of qualifying for the CL and who knows even winning a trophy or two, we'll also accrue most of that kind of money from Europe AND ergo be that much more attractive to a potential stadium sponsor. On top of all that we get to continue watching one of the three best talents in world football plus all the attention and kudos that comes with it, as well as becoming that much more attractive to he best players from around the world.

Win,win, win, win, win!

Having said all that I suspect he's already a goner.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2013/07/real-madrids-sergio-ramos-refuses-to-discuss-move-for-tottenhams-gareth-bale/#more-33294

Rejoice, Tottenham fans!

It’s a Real Madrid representative who doesn’t want to discuss buying Gareth Bale from you.

Defender Sergio Ramos refused to be drawn on the transfer speculation even when he was directly asked about the whopping fees being discussed.

He said: “I think the price of the players is set by the market. In that sense, in my personal point of view, it is not my place to see if he needs to come to the team or if the registrations are closed or if a team needs another player.

“What I do think is that is is important to bring in young people and people from our own nationality within a team like Real Madrid. I think that having a national base is really important, and at the same time it provides us with great happiness to have great players like Real Madrid has always had in its illustrious history.

“I think the mixing of veteran players with young players is a great philosophy.”

Having said all that I suspect he's already a goner.

yeah, the thing is that its Real Madrid. I have a feeling he is obsessed with them like he is obsessed with Ronaldo. Look how Bale arranges his hair, the way he runs and celebrates, the way he takes free kicks, he is trying to be a Ronaldo clone. Sad fcuker:)

yeah, the thing is that its Real Madrid. I have a feeling he is obsessed with them like he is obsessed with Ronaldo. Look how Bale arranges his hair, the way he runs and celebrates, the way he takes free kicks, he is trying to be a Ronaldo clone. Sad fcuker:)

Really?

He celebrates using his hands making a heart. When has ronaldo done that?

He takes free kicks like that because.. wait for it... Because it's a good way to take free kicks!

People turning on Bale already, sad fcukers..

BQfq8z6CMAESfDZ.jpg:large

Bale arriving today via @AddictedtoSpurs

Back