• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Bale's Dive Today

when a player does it against us its a fukin disgrace, but when a spurs player does it and gets away with it, fair play!

There, I said it!

None of that makes it excusable. The best players would be better players if they didn't dive, end of.

I am not very sure of that. They call it the "passion or hunger for success" that drives them on. You take that from them, they will become half the players they are. Remember Ginola ? He was diving almost all the time that the refs made a video of his dives to learn about how to punish the diving players.

I am not very sure of that. They call it the "passion or hunger for success" that drives them on. You take that from them, they will become half the players they are. Remember Ginola ? He was diving almost all the time that the refs made a video of his dives to learn about how to punish the diving players.

And as much as we love him at Spurs, he never got his hands on the World Cup did he?.. Just saying :D

I think there is a difference between taking a dive and being a diver. If you go through the career of every great player, you'll likely find a dive or two. But when it is every single week it becomes a different beats. Suarez was back up to it today against Stoke, the bloke is a disgrace and deserves no luck. I hope Bale doesn't ever get as bad as that but hems going in the right direction

Bale did not "dive." He expected the goalie to clatter him. He did not appeal. Suarez' dive was theatrical.
My Liverpool pals will make much meat of this but thanks to the guy who posted the Adam's violence I can respond confidently.

Agree with the poster who asks, what's the point of it all if the only way you can win is by cheating. But what can you do?

I don't see Bale cutting out diving anytime soon. It's something he does routinely but seldom gets picked up for it. Cannot see AVB having a word either, he's Portuguese isn't he? So Tottenham's name will continue to be besmirched along with the likes of Gerrard and Suarez at Liverpool. Only thing in Bale's defence is he doesn't usually appeal after a blatant dive, just sneakily hopes he'll get something out of it.

End of the day we're forced to accept that pretty much all players cheat, one way or another. No one made such a big fuss the other day when Verts grabbed hold of Nani and brought him down inside the box. Maybe partly because Nani is one of the vilest cheats of them all, but even so.

So the nitty gritty is, are we going to demand that we get rid of Bale, Vertonghen, BAE et al because they're such blatant cheats? Of course not. We're left with no option but to swallow our pride and take it on the chin. Yes, Spurs players cheat, just like everyone else.

brick, that hurts.

Bale did not "dive." He expected the goalie to clatter him. He did not appeal. Suarez' dive was theatrical.
My Liverpool pals will make much meat of this but thanks to the guy who posted the Adam's violence I can respond confidently.

Nonsense. Bale dived - plain and simple. I posted enough clips at the start of the thread to show you that Bale has a history of doing this and there are too many examples of it to give him the benefit of the doubt. If an opposition player had done that against us you'd be fuming. The worst thin about it is, if he'd stayed on his feet then although the angle was tight and the shot was on his weaker foot, he'd have had an opportunity to shoot at an open goal

Nonsense. Bale dived - plain and simple. I posted enough clips at the start of the thread to show you that Bale has a history of doing this and there are too many examples of it to give him the benefit of the doubt. If an opposition player had done that against us you'd be fuming. The worst thin about it is, if he'd stayed on his feet then although the angle was tight and the shot was on his weaker foot, he'd have had an opportunity to shoot at an open goal
Nice theory. Gareth is what 20? and he has lost about 2 years through injuries caused by the likes of Adam. I hate cheating and I hate diving but IMO today Gareth "got out of the way"

Nice theory. Gareth is what 20? and he has lost about 2 years through injuries caused by the likes of Adam. I hate cheating and I hate diving but IMO today Gareth "got out of the way"

He is 23, and has only had two long term injuries in his career, one of which was five years ago. It's absolutely no excuse, it's a contact sport and Bale is a fast player, he must be prepared for a challenge. Lionel Messi missed plenty of games in his early career as he struggled with injuries, and now he's fouled probably more than any player in the world. He may go to ground a little easily sometimes but do you ever see him hurl himself to the ground in anticipation of contact? Do you see Lennon do it? Walcott? Why don't they feel the need to hurl themselves to the ground to "get out of the way" when somebody gets near them when they're running at pace?

Are people actually arguing a case for diving???

It's OK for us to criticise everyone else for doing it, but no when Bale does it it makes him a better player.

I thought Bale was fouled when I saw the incident today and it was only later with the benefit of slow-motion replays from different angles that it became obvious he dived.

It's cheating plain and simple.

Bale is a player who has so much natural talent that he really has no need to do this and Spurs as a club should try to eliminate this.

He is 23, and has only had two long term injuries in his career, one of which was five years ago. It's absolutely no excuse, it's a contact sport and Bale is a fast player, he must be prepared for a challenge. Lionel Messi missed plenty of games in his early career as he struggled with injuries, and now he's fouled probably more than any player in the world. He may go to ground a little easily sometimes but do you ever see him hurl himself to the ground in anticipation of contact? Do you see Lennon do it? Walcott? Why don't they feel the need to hurl themselves to the ground to "get out of the way" when somebody gets near them when they're running at pace?

I accept the theory of what you say but I am a human being and so is Gareth.
I thought the goalie was gonna clump him and I instintictively "dived" along with Gareth. But I know he has "previous" and that counts against him.

Edit Lennon is 5 foot nothing and it is easier to roll a tackle when you are little rather than a big bloke like GB

Last edited:

I accept the theory of what you say but I am a human being and so is Gareth.
I thought the goalie was gonna clump him and I instintictively "dived" along with Gareth. But I know he has "previous" and that counts against him.
He went to ground AFTER he cleared Guzan, it was an outrageous dive

He appealed for nothing. What, pray tell, was he trying to 'gain'?

The correct answer, is nothing.

Not simulation.

There was nothing really to avoid. He just let his legs out from underneath himself and crumpled into the ground. No doubt he's suffered some hard tackles and challenges, but that doesn't justify cheating.

Is diving more acceptable if there's at least some contact (especially in the penalty box) or are all forms of diving reprehensible? I'm leaning towards the latter.

article-2180612-0BF3CD3700000578-26_468x337.jpg

article-1343638928377-1449A03F000005DC-577676_466x310.jpg

I would absolutely LOVE to spark that gap toothed brickqunt! He makes me livid. His face irritates the fudging life out of me the qunt!!!!!!!!!!! I would do time for 1 dig. Worse than Henry,Pires,Keown,Judas,Eboue,dingdongov,Savage,and every other scumbag you wanna' think of IMO.

I think he dived versus Villa because he thought he were getting clattered . I don't believe he thought, here's a good chance of getting the Villa goalkeeper sent off . He's had a few injuries in he's short career and due to his game, he's probably getting lots of kicks that we don't even see. I once saw a video of RonaldoCR7 showing off his scars, these type of players that run with the ball at speed, are getting hits in every game that we don't even see happening.

And all of you who are worried that Spurs will resort to cheating, might I suggest you look up the match facts of last week ..Who else goes to Old Trafford and wins without picking up a single booking ?

It was a bad dive - if it had been a good one the keeper would have gone.

In his defence I tend to agree other posters that said at least he didn't pretend to be injured do ten somersaults and then gesticulate to the ref.

Terrible dive - I really hope he cuts that brick out of what promises to be an illustrious career

I don't want that brick at Spurs

Are people actually arguing a case for diving???

It's OK for us to criticise everyone else for doing it, but no when Bale does it it makes him a better player.

i couldnt care less about diving and nowhere on this forum will you find me criticizing any player, for Spurs or any opponents

unfortunately its part of the game now and its out of control. The ship has sailed. Lets just get on with it

Back