• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

They think he is rubbish?

fudgein give the **** back to us. grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Would be great if they sell him end of season and back to us.

Yeah, apparently he had the latest of a series of mares against City a few days ago.Many Madrid fans on Marca actually suggested that the club sell him back to us, only they seem convinced we wouldn't want him. :ross:

Bale will only leave for Real or Barca - and quite frankly i don't see either of them in for him at the end of the season.

People seem to have a funny attitude towards him, because he is hyped up by the media he gets a lot of flak when he doesn't single handidly destroy teams each week - he's been our best source of attack this season yet seems to draw the most criticizim at the same time (in an attacking sense)

He'll be here next season,

So true. I don't understand it at all.
Some people think he has an ego when to me he's too quiet on the pitch if anything.
Occasionally he'll have a shot at goal instead of crossing to 5 foot nothing Defoe marked by 2 defenders. Bale is then labelled greedy and too big for his boots.
Defoe when doing the same thing is 'a goalscorer'.

Bale will only leave for Real or Barca - and quite frankly i don't see either of them in for him at the end of the season.

People seem to have a funny attitude towards him, because he is hyped up by the media he gets a lot of flak when he doesn't single handidly destroy teams each week - he's been our best source of attack this season yet seems to draw the most criticizim at the same time (in an attacking sense)

He gets criticism because he goes missing on a consistent basis offensively and more often defensively. Should he be beyond criticism?

and how can you be so sure? what if he wants a Premier League winners medal or two? im sure Man U or Emirates Marketing Project will always be an attractive proposition for Bale when the time comes for him to leave

i didn't say he should be beyond criticism - but the level he gets compared to others in our attack is unwarranted. he's been our best forward player this season, despite his quiet spells, yet by reading the forum it's as though he's been one of the worst. as i said, imv people bought in to the hype and when he doesn't live up to it, he get's abuse. other players who aren't as hyped don't get the same treatment, despite playing worse.

and how can you be so sure? what if he wants a Premier League winners medal or two? im sure Man U or Emirates Marketing Project will always be an attractive proposition for Bale when the time comes for him to leave

i just know ;)

the Club have made him the highest paid player (by some distance) he's just started a young family - he and his wife/gf are settled and very much love London - he has a great deal of respect for the Club/Levy and our goals for the immediate future. he's always been open with the fact that he would one day like to play for Real or Barca if ever that became a realistic opportunity - but as far as football in England is concerned he is more than happy/settled at Tottenham.

the only way i ever see him playing for another English side within the next 5 years is if we dramatically fall apart to mid table levels with no prospect of a change in fortunes or if the Club get like a world record offer from Emirates Marketing Project and we tell him we want the money.

I'm going against the grain here, but I still think Bale's got anther 1 year contract extension in him. He'll be here till the summer of 2014 at the very least, in my view. He's not ready for Madrid, or Barca, just yet.

And if he's keeping an eye on the fate of Modric, who many Madrid fans are writing off as rubbish just three months into the season....I think he knows that developing his game here for another couple of years is his best bet.

Summer 2014. Then, he'll have 3 years on his contract, he'll probably want to move and we'll hopefully have had a full season or so to find a replacement. Everything'll be lined up for a move.

From where do you have that many Madrid fans are writing Modric off as rubbish?

From the comments I ve seen(Spanish,German and English Real Madrid communities) they are all very satisfied with his performances so far,but say they can definately see him doing even better once he gets accustomed to their playstyle.

If 50 million sterling is the price, I think it's time to let GB move on to Madrid (if any of this is true). He's been an excellent player for us, but 50 million is a ridiculous amount of money for a winger who scores about 10 goals per season. With about 90 million coming in from him and Modric, it should give us a chance to reload. And hopefully, then, DL will back AVB and give him two or three years to shape the team how he wants. Buy some young players, promote from within, and maybe spunk a bunch of cash on one true, premium player (Moutinho? Willian?) and go again.

Then sit back and watch GB and LM win the CL.

If 50 million sterling is the price, I think it's time to let GB move on to Madrid (if any of this is true). He's been an excellent player for us, but 50 million is a ridiculous amount of money for a winger who scores about 10 goals per season. With about 90 million coming in from him and Modric, it should give us a chance to reload. And hopefully, then, DL will back AVB and give him two or three years to shape the team how he wants. Buy some young players, promote from within, and maybe spunk a bunch of cash on one true, premium player (Moutinho? Willian?) and go again.

Then sit back and watch GB and LM win the CL.

But thats what we said when we sold Berba.
Thats also what we said when we sold Modric.

People think he's worth 50m?

Based on his performances this season he's barely worth 20m, and that's probably a stretch.

Bale's yours... for £150m! Spurs slap record price tag on Welsh winger to ward off Emirates Marketing Project
By Sportsmail Reporter
UPDATED: 09:48 GMT, 22 January 2012

Tottenham have slapped a mammoth £150million price-tag on winger Gareth Bale to ward off interest from Emirates Marketing Project who plan a raid for the Wales international this summer.
City are weighing up a bid for the 22-year-old and have made tentative enquiries into what it will take Spurs to part with their star midfielder.

But the north Londoners are hoping they can repeat the feat of last year - when they resisted numerous offers from Chelsea for Croatian midfielder Luka Modric – and persuade Bale to stay.

Wanted man: City will have to stump up £150m if they are to prise Bale away

The figure would smash the current world record of £80million Real Madrid paid for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009 and could even ward of the cash rich Etihad club, according to the Sunday Mirror.

Bale still has three years to run on his current deal and insists he is happy playing at White Hart Lane could be tempted by the massive wages on offer.

And City chiefs are now kicking themselves for not signing Bale in 2009 when Tottenham offered him to the club for a bargain £4m.

The Stellar Group who represent him have moved to deny there is a £50m release clause written into his contract.

----------------------------------

This report from January this year. And since then Bale finished the season with 9 league goals, signed a new contract and has scored 4 league goal so far this season. His valuation should be 200m by now !

Last edited:

I thought we didn't get enough for Modric considering how long was left on his contract, although he did force our hand somewhat and no other team seemed willing to spend the cash so Levy didn't have much of a choice.

Made the point then about how much of the money we got for players like Carrick and Berbatov ended up being used on players that weren't good enough. Essentially costing us much of that profit while leaving us with a worse team.

It's just a fact of football that not all transfers will work out, all managers make mistakes in the transfer market and seemingly almost regardless of how much money is spent on a player you get complete duds from time to time. A really successful player at a club is worth a lot to that club. We need to consider that if we do sell Bale a good chunk of what we get for him is spent on players that aren't good enough. That's almost inevitable. To counteract this we need to get "more money" for Bale to consider selling him, because he is performing right now at a very high level for us.

Have to mention about Bale's effort against West Ham. That amazing turn, run and shot by Bale which hit the post early in the first half against West Ham was like watching Ginola in his prime. That effort was simply world class and deserves a goal. Bale also hit another powerfull shot in the 2nd half which the West Ham goalie did well to save. With better luck Bale and Defoe could have had a hattrick each against West Ham.

I think both Bale and Defoe are improving fast under AVB. Bale scored 9 league goals last season which was his best ever but he has already scored 5 league goals this season. He has been in fine form this season. And we seem to play well when he plays well but struggle when he is off form. One thing I find it strange is that Bale has yet to assist any league goal so far compared to 10 assists last season.

Have to mention about Bale's effort against West Ham. That amazing turn, run and shot by Bale which hit the post early in the first half against West Ham was like watching Ginola in his prime. That effort was simply world class and deserves a goal. Bale also hit another powerfull shot in the 2nd half which the West Ham goalie did well to save. With better luck Bale and Defoe could have had a hattrick each against West Ham.

I think both Bale and Defoe are improving fast under AVB. Bale scored 9 league goals last season which was his best ever but he has already scored 5 league goals this season. He has been in fine form this season. And we seem to play well when he plays well but struggle when he is off form. One thing I find it strange is that Bale has yet to assist any league goal so far compared to 10 assists last season.

Greedy bastard. Swap him for Etherington 8-[

Those who are moaning about Spurs never replacing quality players with quality players....are you sure?

Much of the Carrick money was spent on Berbatov.

Much of the Berbatov money was spent on Modric.

Much of the Modric money was spent on Dembele.

Of course, these aren't like for like replacements. And I would never advocate selling any of our best plays if there was a chance of keeping them. I'm simply pointing out that the club (or Levy, since he seems to be the one getting the flak in this thread) isn't half as bad at spending on new players as many of you imagine.

Back