• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Players who have been injured before are always the ones who are 'diving' or act aggressively after a challenge. Look at Cisse on the weekend. He was upset at the challenge but also sensitive cos of whats happened in the past with his two leg breaks.

Bale im sure is also sensitive to those type of situations.

I think he is looking for some protection from having to dodge potential scything challenges! Do you not think, after all the brick Bale gets (when there are FAR worse offenders who get a whisper) that IF he were a cheat, he would have cut it out by now?

There is nothing inherently wrong with a scything challenge. If Skrtel comes charging in with a fair challenge, winning the ball and completely taking out Bale in the process theres nothing wrong with that. Football is a physical game and a player like Bale needs to be able to handle it.

If however it is not a fair challenge and he gets take out with Skrtel getting nowhere near the ball then let the referees handle it, dish out yellow (and red) cards. Thats exactly what happened at White Hart Lane, they did the same thing to Bale but he skipped past them, took the challenges and got players sent off.

I'm not upset about him jumping out of the way of challenges, he takes more abuse from defenders than most and is well within his rights to protect himself, but if he does then he needs to get straight back up and not sit and claim to have been fouled as he did today.

There is nothing inherently wrong with a scything challenge. If Skrtel comes charging in with a fair challenge, winning the ball and completely taking out Bale in the process theres nothing wrong with that. Football is a physical game and a player like Bale needs to be able to handle it.If however it is not a fair challenge and he gets take out with Skrtel getting nowhere near the ball then let the referees handle it, dish out yellow (and red) cards. Thats exactly what happened at White Hart Lane, they did the same thing to Bale but he skipped past them, took the challenges and got players sent off.

I'm not upset about him jumping out of the way of challenges, he takes more abuse from defenders than most and is well within his rights to protect himself, but if he does then he needs to get straight back up and not sit and claim to have been fouled as he did today.

actually i think that would fall under excessive force (or whatever the exact term is) in the tackle

The kind of tackle I am talking about are the crunching but fair tackles that Parker puts in all the time.
The Skrtel tackles were over the top and excessive. Parker does dive in hard yes, but he doesn't ever leave the ground nor does he ever show his studs. This is a good tough but fair challenge.. There is a massive difference in his tackling compared to a thug like Skrtels. Must say massive respect to bellendamy; instead of escalating an argument I thought he and the ref did well in calming it down and seperating players.

Were you all this forgiving when Ronaldo and Nani were at the peak of their diving?

Bale's a fudging exceptional player but he doesn't need that brick. He's not some pansy little winger, he's a big, powerful boy and should be able to give as good as he gets when it comes to thugs like Skrtel. Some of you are sounding dangerously like Arsenal fans.

Oh no doubt Liverpool were trying to kick him out of the game, as many teams have done to him this season. However, teams do the same to Ronaldo and Suarez, doesn't mean they don't dive.

Both go to ground as well. Suarez absolutely does not get targeted like Bale. Ronaldo did, and I think that's an underlying reason why he left the Premiership. I personally always had sympathy for Ronaldo...

Were you all this forgiving when Ronaldo and Nani were at the peak of their diving?

Bale's a fudging exceptional player but he doesn't need that brick. He's not some pansy little winger, he's a big, powerful boy and should be able to give as good as he gets when it comes to thugs like Skrtel. Some of you are sounding dangerously like Arsenal fans.

No, you're right, he doesn't need that brick. He doesn't need a pair of thugs each looking to take him out for 90 mins/whenever they get a chance. You honestly think that Bale should do the same to Skrtel? it's not his game. He plays football. Not leg-breaking. Skrtel should've been off, and anyone who thinks Agger wasn't looking to intimidate Bale is blind. With regards to Ronaldo yes mate I was forgiving, I always said that when a player of that size, speed and quick feet is moving at speed, it doesn't take much to send them over...

BTW, amidst everything, I see no-one has mentioned yet another fudging shocker from that clam Adam, studs over the top, player crumpled, he really is a heinous and filthy little clam...

4022812485_f4a9f33406.jpg

Aimed at Naughton16 by the way.

How is that clutching at straws? Why isn't Agger turning to the ball instead of continuing into the man?

Pathetic. Disagree with people so you resort to that.

How is that clutching at straws? Why isn't Agger turning to the ball instead of continuing into the man?

Thats a silly comment. When a winger is running at speed you pick a line and run to make a challenge, if he gets to the ball first and knocks it past you you cant suddenly turn and keep going for the ball. I hope someone has made a gif of it because as I remember it, Agger pulls out of the challenge and Bale goes to ground because he was expecting the contact. Could be wrong, hope there is a video

No, you're right, he doesn't need that brick. He doesn't need a pair of thugs each looking to take him out for 90 mins/whenever they get a chance. You honestly think that Bale should do the same to Skrtel? it's not his game. He plays football. Not leg-breaking. Skrtel should've been off, and anyone who thinks Agger wasn't looking to intimidate Bale is blind. With regards to Ronaldo yes mate I was forgiving, I always said that when a player of that size, speed and quick feet is moving at speed, it doesn't take much to send them over...

No I don't think he should do the same. But I think he can stand up physically to these thugs. Fair enough mate, at least you're consistent! Best to just leave it there and agree to disagree.

And they should have been down to 9 again today, both Skrtel and Suarez should have been sent off.

BTW, amidst everything, I see no-one has mentioned yet another fudging shocker from that clam Adam, studs over the top, player crumpled, he really is a heinous and filthy little clam...

Slapped Bale across the face as well, what is his problem with him? He seems to genuinely dislike him, goes after him in every game.

Pathetic. Disagree with people so you resort to that.

Pathetic? Do you even understand what I mean? Arsenal fans have consistently used the same excuses to defend their own divers. Protection from the ref, 'anticipating contact' etc. Get off your high horse, I'm not resorting to anything. Modric gets kicked a fudge load as well but rarely does he do that kind of thing.

Pathetic? Do you even understand what I mean? Arsenal fans have consistently used the same excuses to defend their own divers. Protection from the ref, 'anticipating contact' etc. Get off your high horse, I'm not resorting to anything. Modric gets kicked a fudge load as well but rarely does he do that kind of thing.

Yes I understood what you meant thank you. I have not seen any blind excuses to defend divers. I cannot stand it in the game, take the recent Sturridge penalty for instance. But in the case of Bale I do feel the need to defend him from what I regard as unreasonable attacks. I agree with you as it happens about Modric, he is incredibly strong and deals with the physical side well. So does Bale as it happens, but he gets targeted to a far greater degree. He is also often running at pace which both heightens his awareness (why wouldn't he want to anticipate contact btw), and also makes the challenges he has to deal with that much more difficult. Bale has improved his physicality massively over the past 12 months and has proved himself able to deal with a week in week out battering. I just don't see why he provokes the kind of negative attention he seems to amongst spurs fans because if he does go to ground easy he is not the only one of our players who does so.

Was a disgrace. I remember the viera tumble etc that we used to fudging slate him for. Bale does the same and we try to find an excuse for it ? Wake up ffs.

Thats a silly comment. When a winger is running at speed you pick a line and run to make a challenge, if he gets to the ball first and knocks it past you you cant suddenly turn and keep going for the ball. I hope someone has made a gif of it because as I remember it, Agger pulls out of the challenge and Bale goes to ground because he was expecting the contact. Could be wrong, hope there is a video

Correct. My point (perhaps not best explained) is that instead of taking the footrace on, and angling his challenge/run to try and either anticipate the knock-on OR jockey Bale, Agger has already made his mind up to play the player/ball, thus his entire posture in defending the situation is 'all at once through the lot'...Bale nicks the ball past him but obviously feels the crunch is coming. Agger pulls out at the last second, despite the intent being there/enough to put Bale off. Bale gets out of the way of what he thinks is coming, it doesn't come, he looks like he's diving when there is no reason at all for him to dive!
You/Wriggly, etc, are obviously entitled to your opinions, but I think we are also entitled to ours and our reading of it. Agger had time to out his arms in the air and gesture that he was pulling out, instead he carried on and pulled out at the last second; he 'played' the situation.

Modric = 5ft 6 or whatever, and featherweight.
Bale = 6ft 1 or whatever and not featherweight, plus faster.

It's a different outcome altogether when each player get done. Plus due to the nature of Bale's game, he is often taken out at full-speed...

BTW Wriggly, re: Viera...different type of player, different speed, etc, et...again I ask those of you who think Bale is a cheat, why would he continue trying after the slaggings he gets?

Back