• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

I thought it was a blatant dive. We dont really want to see it in our team. Lets hope it doesnt become a regular thing with him, he's good enough to get by in the game without doing that. It happened lets move on.

In truth, Bale makes the most of any challenge, and he has done it for a few years now. But he wins us free kicks.

Albeit free kicks we make nothing out of because we are brick at set pieces.

But Parker is an absolute pro at getting freekicks which are pretty soft. All players do it. Bale has toughened up considerably, hence why he has become even more creative and damaging.

Thank you.
Now I PERSONALLY think that after Skertl tried to do him in the first 10 mins, he should've got up, laughed at him and got on with it as opposed to looking hurt.
Sorry, I think Bale was again targeted tonight...

i haven't seen it from the other angle but at full speed during the game i thought it looked like Skertel was going in for him - which seemed to be the tactic of Liverpool today - kick Bale off the pitch - tbf it worked

If he just went down to protect himself (which I'm not buying personally) and knew that there was no contact, why does he sit straight up, put his arms out and look at the linesman claiming a foul?

True. I guess that would answer my point.

If he just went down to protect himself (which I'm not buying personally) and knew that there was no contact, why does he sit straight up, put his arms out and look at the linesman claiming a foul?

I think he is looking for some protection from having to dodge potential scything challenges! Do you not think, after all the brick Bale gets (when there are FAR worse offenders who get a whisper) that IF he were a cheat, he would have cut it out by now?

I think people need to cut Bale some slack.

For one, Skrtel in particular gave a Pepe-esque performance. Other Liverpool players were extremely and unnecessarily aggressive in the tackle as well.

Skrtel came towards Bale at high speed with studs out at least twice. In challenges like that, there is a few inches between getting the ball and breaking a leg and at that speed he is hardly in full control.

Finally, Bale is constantly the victim of aggressive challenging by the opposition, and has suffered serious injury setbacks in the past from them.

It is perfectly reasonable in my view for Bale to react to them, even if there is no contact. If he doesn't go down, the referee probably wouldn't even have noticed that a dangerous tackle was made. The referee needs to know that attempts are being made to kick Bale off the pitch.

If on the other hand, Bale is going down easy to get a pen or FK in a good position, that is a completely different matter, but that was absolutely not the case today.

I think people need to cut Bale some slack.

For one, Skrtel in particular gave a Pepe-esque performance. Other Liverpool players were extremely and unnecessarily aggressive in the tackle as well.

Skrtel came towards Bale at high speed with studs out at least twice. In challenges like that, there is a few inches between getting the ball and breaking a leg and at that speed he is hardly in full control.

Finally, Bale is constantly the victim of aggressive challenging by the opposition, and has suffered serious injury setbacks in the past from them.

It is perfectly reasonable in my view for Bale to react to them, even if there is no contact. If he doesn't go down, the referee probably wouldn't even have noticed that a dangerous tackle was made. The referee needs to know that attempts are being made to kick Bale off the pitch.

If on the other hand, Bale is going down easy to get a pen or FK in a good position, that is a completely different matter, but that was absolutely not the case today.

=D>
Excellent post.
Obviously you play too.

He wasnt booked for a dive but he did go down.... Is that a dive, or is that the same as avoiding a tackle

What bugs me more are the Adam johnson and Wellbeck attempts over the weekend where they actually kick the defender to get the decision!!!

Oh no doubt Liverpool were trying to kick him out of the game, as many teams have done to him this season. However, teams do the same to Ronaldo and Suarez, doesn't mean they don't dive.

Very good post hydra. Bale is nothing like some of those players at other big clubs who blatantly cheat in PB (Sturridge recently). But on Bale your summary is spot-on. If Bale picks up a nasty injury (he has a nasty cut on his shin, yet one fan called him a pussy) then we will perhaps recognise just what he is having to put up with pretty much every game. His positives far far far outweight any negatives and I certainly don't think he warrants this kind of scrutiny.

I watched the game tonight with a spanish colleague, and he was applauding Bale winning freekicks. He just wanted to watch Bale score blinders, and as far as he was concerned any tackle on him was an affront to football, and should have been penalized. No qualms in Spanish football for winning a 'freekick'. Worryingly a lot of Spaniards I know know 'all about Bale'.....

35i81mf.png

Note the positions of Aggers foot and the ball in this picture.

If Bale doesn't move out of the way he's in trouble.

The gashes to his knee and shin today suggest he's on the receiving end of a fair bit of treatment from donkeys like Skrtel.

I think Bale took evasive action from the challenge which he was expecting, problem is that he, and other skillful players are damned either way. If the player doesn't dive then they get injured a lot more often. If the player does dive then they are cheating against the opponents and for good reason it is frowned upon.

i have to agree with this - i dont think it was a dive

however, i did say earlier in the season that i had seen him do it a few times when he wasnt getting his own way in games - i actually think he is a little lucky to have not been branded a diver yet

Bale is often travelling at rapid pace, and I think people underestimate just how aware he is of opponents trying to rough him out of the game. He has had enough ankle injuries to know all about what damage can be done, which as I say can be worse because he is moving so quick. I genuinely do not think he is a dishonest player. But I do think he is our most important player.

I think Bale took evasive action from the challenge which he was expecting, problem is that he, and other skillful players are damned either way. If the player doesn't dive then they get injured a lot more often. If the player does dive then they are cheating against the opponents and for good reason it is frowned upon.

i have to agree with this - i dont think it was a dive

however, i did say earlier in the season that i had seen him do it a few times when he wasnt getting his own way in games - i actually think he is a little lucky to have not been branded a diver yet

on the flip side, there does need to be a balance between getting kicked all the time and avoiding getting kicked (a player with bruises and scratches all down their legs is going to be less effective) but moving your body out of the way - doesnt have to be contact for it to be a foul and all that

Back