• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Bale's Dive Today

Bale shouldn't dive.....but I honestly think it's in response to being one of the most fouled players in the league....how many times does he take a HEAVY tackle each game?? He anticipates contact and looks to ride the challenge in most cases IMO.

But

Bale shouldn't dive.....but I honestly think it's in response to being one of the most fouled players in the league....how many times does he take a HEAVY tackle each game?? He anticipates contact and looks to ride the challenge in most cases IMO.

But

I agree with this.

Bale is becoming more and more like a diva, he always has at least one lie-down during each game where he pretends to have broken his leg. It's embarrassing that a sport like football is becoming more and more a sport for sissies.

I'd imagine there has also been consoltation with those that run the game and the refs regarding Bale and that he has told them he will do what he did against Guzan and anyone else he thinks is coming to get him. If there hasn't been, I suggest that the club do so.

All this came out a few months ago about his diving etc and he clearly stated that he does it to avoid injury. He gets critizied still then Adam comes along in the summer and clatters him.

Personally I'd prefer a fit Bale, as long as all the cards are on the table and everyone knows he is doing it and doesn't expect to gain fouls from it, or even be booked for it.

I would rather people just admit they don't have a problem with Bale's diving because everybody does it like indianspur and Roy do, rather than being in complete denial and saying that Bale doesn't dive whilst also criticising players like Suarez and Arsenal.

I really don't see why there's no retrospective action that can be taken against cheats. Balotelli got a four game retrospective ban for stamping on Parker, why shouldn't divers get something similar?

Bale should be one of my all time favourite players. He's extremely talented, determined, comes across as humble and hard working in interviews, and appears to have a genuine affinity for the fans and the club (I know he could still leave as soon as a bigger club comes calling like any other mercenary footballer). But the thing that drags him down is this cheating. I used to have a mini-heart attack every time I saw an opposition player challenge Bale and him writhing around in agony on the floor, but he does it literally in every single game now and I know he's faking it, or at least making it seem worse than it actually is. But dives like today are fudging disgraceful. Embarassing. He is one of the very worst in the Premier League for doing it and it's horrible. It'll never happen, as Bale is the club's golden boy, but if I were AVB I would fine Bale a week's wages for it and make him publicly apologise for it.

iI04qBVyEBQp2.gif

BaleDive.gif

[video=youtube;DzCU2tSgM2U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzCU2tSgM2U[/video]

[video=youtube;LVGvnalE9Pk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVGvnalE9Pk[/video]

[video=youtube;VxohXc99Hvc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxohXc99Hvc[/video]

It's not a one off. It's not "avoiding injury". It's cheating, plain and simple, and I can't stand Tottenham players doing it. The only saving grace is that none of the above dives directly won us any games. I hardly celebrated Adebayor's penalty against Arsenal because I didn't want to win the game like that. I remember when we beat Portsmouth a few years ago after Zokora's blatant dive and I just couldn't enjoy the victory. As long as players think there's no consequences for diving then they'll keep doing it, well it's time clubs, the FA and FIFA actually started making a real effort to crack down on it.

=D>

man up and potentially get his ankles smashed up again....yeah go Gareth, man up

Was that the case yesterday then? Was he about to get his ankle smashed?

Why do all Spurs fans who defend Bale's diving assume that all Spurs fans who are critical of his behaviour want him to get injured? If Charlie Adam is bearing down on him and is about to crunch him, then by all means jump to avoid the tackle like Walters did when David Luiz tried to two-foot him, but that is not an excuse to dive.

His YouTube diving compilation videos are now as long in length as Gerrard's, Suarez's, Pires's and Henry's, all players who have been crucified by Spurs fans.

But

One of my biggest criticisms of Redknapp was he didn't highlight this enough in the media. If I was AVB, I would take every opportunity to remind everyone of how frequently he gets hacked down, especially on the eve of a match against Stoke, Everton or Liverpool.

It was a terrible dive and definitely worth a booking. Not sure why he even attempted to anticipate the challenge by being ready to fall......the challenge would merely have clipped him rather than wiped him out if he had just carried on running.

I would rather people just admit they don't have a problem with Bale's diving because everybody does it like indianspur and Roy do, rather than being in complete denial and saying that Bale doesn't dive whilst also criticising players like Suarez and Arsenal.

I'm a hypocrite. I hate diving but if it won us a penalty and a cup I would still celebrate like mad

It's cowardly' that's what gets my goat.

And the fact I had to defend him today against a Chelsea fan. It's the last time.

He's got to stop it.

It was a terrible dive and definitely worth a booking. Not sure why he even attempted to anticipate the challenge by being ready to fall......the challenge would merely have clipped him rather than wiped him out if he had just carried on running.

Really, someone else put the facts right earlier

- Bale has a history of going down easily, but I honestly don't think yesterday was as clear cut as some people make it. You could easily see where that could have been him anticipating a heavy challenge from the keeper.

He's our player, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt there. Saurez collapse however ....

meh - im not going to worry myself over whether our players do it or not - it is something id rather they didn't do, but as the people in charge of the game aren't interested in actually tackling the problem then you can't really blame the players for taking advantage

a yellow card only for diving to me says that the FA or whoever it is don't seem that fussed about it creeping in to the game - i have said it for years - a 1 game retrospective ban is all they need to implement in order to all but stop it from happening

Utter rubbish, Guzan was just about to muller him but stopped in 3 milliseconds.

Was that the case yesterday then? Was he about to get his ankle smashed?

Yes, obviously. See my post on page 5.

You are being a very naughty boy in this thread

It's cowardly' that's what gets my goat.

And the fact I had to defend him today against a Chelsea fan. It's the last time.

He's got to stop it.

See, I think you can call it whatever you want, but cowardly/ Given the amount of times Bale's had his ankle tacoted by some fool? Nah mate...I don't think so...

What do you think Bale could have done differently? Bare in mind, he was sprinting full speed to reach the ball 1st and let's say for arguments sake that he was trying to avoid getting clattered by the keeper, what could he have done different?

Given there was no contact and he was already past Guzan, he could have kept running.

He needs to man the fudge up. Football is a mans game, pulling out of a 50/50 because he might get hurt is one thing but just letting your legs fall from under you because you think you might get clipped is pathetic.

Again, call him whatever you want (and I'm sure you have) but all this 'man the fudge up' rhetoric. Please. Do YOU play? Have YOU ever been done like he has? Repeatedly? The knee-jerking on this forum is sometimes hilarious. Again, whether you think it was a dive or not, fine, but all this 'man up' stuff is just hot air. Let me ask you in all honesty, would you tell him to his face he should 'man up'? The amount of times that boy gets hammered not withstanding...

Back