• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

I don't blame him. If a club, who I never supported, had an offer from Real MAdrid offered me a chance, I'd take it in a heartbeat. I wouldn't have to think about it. That doesn't mean that he didn't love his time here, the club or the fans. I think he genuinley did, he never handed in a offical transfer request. He may have put on the pressure but if he came out and said publicly "I want to leave" we would've got a cheaper fee for him and it would've shown disrespect.

THeirs pictures of Bale in a Real Madrid kit as a kid, and I'm about 4 years younger but like Bale said, all the kids at school would pretend to be Madrid players.There was always a fight to be Zidane, Ronaldo or Roberto Carlos. SOmetimes it turned to s****s. :lol:

Seriously, he has handled this transfer well. Compare him to MODric and BErbatov just for a moment. He has left graciously compared to them, and to the most succesful side in world football.

Let's stop being bitter he's left and just accept the fact he's moved to a much bigger club, got us a mssive fee and left us with world class performances we'll always remeber. And believe me, that's the first ever time I've said that.

I agree and thats why I said weeks ago people should just move on. Lock up this thread. A new era a new dawn for us and for him.

ps - He was magnificient and I may remember him as the best I had seen at Spurs but it wont mean ill make a conscientuous effort to watch his progress or games because simply i dont care.

What if Bale didn't behave the way he did? What if he'd said at the start of the window "I'd love to go to Madrid, but if it doesn't work out I'm very happy at Spurs"?

Surely that would have strengthened our bargaining position - we might have been able to squeeze more money out of them.

So there's a good chance that Bale's behaviour cost us money and possible transfer targets.

We bought Paulinho and Soldado early in the window. I find it hard to believe that the basic decision to sell Bale hadn't already been made. Once the world record offer was on the table I can't see how Levy could turn it down.

On the "preposterous amount of money", Bale's contract is worth at least £50m (based on 170k pw for six years) making the deal worth £135 million or more. Before Enic took Spurs private the market capitalisation of the club was around £100 million.

See Zidane has come out and said Bale isn't worth that money. Trying to placate Ronaldo no doubt.

The bald cnut should've though about that before he started to praise Bale as one of the best players in the world. Hypocracy impersonated.

Last edited:
REAL Madrid assistant coach Zinedine Zidane has dubbed the astronomical transfer fee his club paid for Wales winger Gareth Bale "incomprehensible" in the current economic climate.

Bale signed for the Spanish giants from Tottenham Hotspur last week on a six-year contract for a fee of around £80 million ($A136 million).

Asked whether Bale was worth the hefty fee paid for him, ex-France playmaker Zidane replied: "You need to ask that question in a year's time.

"Ten years ago, they bought me for 75 million euros ($107 million) and I said I wasn't worth it,'' Zidane told the Canal Football Club television program.

"Today, I tend to say a player is not worth that. Two clubs agree on a price and no-one is forcing the other to do anything.

"That's football. Unfortunately, it's incomprehensible with what's happening today to pay so much.''

Zidane said he would offer Bale some advice as the Welshman seeks to hold down a place in manager Carlo Ancelotti's team.

"My role will certainly be to tell him that he plays as he knows how to, to not put too much pressure on himself,'' he said.

"He has an incredible potential but he still has room for improvement.''

Bale, who is currently on international duty with Wales, is expected to make his Real debut against Villarreal on September 14.

Read more: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/other...le/story-e6frf56c-1226714882219#ixzz2eNvFfrl3

What chance Bale is voted the European footballer of the year?

It will be interesting to see if he improves playing with better players and hopefully referees who will give correct decisions unlike the bungling clods who persecuted him in the EPL last term.

I doubt if both he and Ronaldo will be playing together next season whatever happens.

Gareth ain't worth the money but maybe he will be worth it soon.

That Bale thing with him in a Madrid shirt when he was younger.

Anyone else think like me that when you went to Spain you would visit these snide markets and buy replica shirts dirt cheap.. you didn't know who it was or where they played other than they had a name on the shirt that was like Ronaldo or Romario. I'd bet this shirt he wears with such grace was him on holiday and like me and many others thought it would be cool to have one. 15 years later its hauled out as some marketing piece to tell the world I have supported Madrid for years. lol I still have my tops.

That Bale thing with him in a Madrid shirt when he was younger.

Anyone else think like me that when you went to Spain you would visit these snide markets and buy replica shirts dirt cheap.. you didn't know who it was or where they played other than they had a name on the shirt that was like Ronaldo or Romario. I'd bet this shirt he wears with such grace was him on holiday and like me and many others thought it would be cool to have one. 15 years later its hauled out as some marketing piece to tell the world I have supported Madrid for years. lol I still have my tops.

Maybe, but maybe not. It wouldn't suprise me if he's telling the truth. I'm 19, 5 years younger than Bale. The Real Madrid sides I probably didn't see Madrid sides as good as his, but when I was a kid everyone still impersonated Real Madrid players when playing.

Their was always a big fight to be the Brazilian Ronaldo. EVERYONE wanted to be him. After that it was for Roberto Carlos, Luis Figo and Zinadine Zidane. Fast forward a couple of years and it was Michael Owen, Morintez and David Beckham too. Real Madrid's marketing has always been strong, and their galactico policy means win or not they've always had an aura of stars who children will look at and think "Wow what a side!".

You'd either impersonate players from the Real Madrid side or players from the Brazilian national team. The fact Bale claims to have admired Madrid and dreamt of playing for them really doesn't come as any surpise to me, I and many other kids my age did the same! ANd I was only old enough to remember them winning the champions league in '03. Bale would've been old enough to remember them winning it in 03', 00' and 98'!

Maybe, but maybe not. It wouldn't suprise me if he's telling the truth. I'm 19, 5 years younger than Bale. The Real Madrid sides I probably didn't see Madrid sides as good as his, but when I was a kid everyone still impersonated Real Madrid players when playing.

Their was always a big fight to be the Brazilian Ronaldo. EVERYONE wanted to be him. After that it was for Roberto Carlos, Luis Figo and Zinadine Zidane. Fast forward a couple of years and it was Michael Owen, Morintez and David Beckham too. Real Madrid's marketing has always been strong, and their galactico policy means win or not they've always had an aura of stars who children will look at and think "Wow what a side!".

You'd either impersonate players from the Real Madrid side or players from the Brazilian national team. The fact Bale claims to have admired Madrid and dreamt of playing for them really doesn't come as any surpise to me, I and many other kids my age did the same! ANd I was only old enough to remember them winning the champions league in '03. Bale would've been old enough to remember them winning it in 03', 00' and 98'!

I think it's all a coincidence what team you support. As a kid you are likely to be influenced by family members who are fans (doubt there is one single father in here who haven't worked hard to make their son support Spurs!) and buy them shirts. Or, like Superhudd says, you're four years old and pick out the shirt based on colour.

Then you get curious, try to find out more about the team, watch them play, etc. And voilá - you're a fan. Then you start playing, and think one day you'd like to play for your favourite team. I certainly dreamt of playing for Spurs, and I sure as hell would've worked hard to get my dream move if Spurs were interested. Unfortunately I wasn't even close to good enough! :-"

Had someone bought Bale a full Barca kit when he was five, I'm sure he would've been dreaming of playing for them instead.

Wasn't he 8 in that picture though, which being 24 would mean 16 years ago.

Thinking back 16 years ago there never was the coverage there is now on foreign clubs, most players were known through there countries and then there teams. So that photo was 97. Sky didn't start showing Spanish football until 2005. The main knowledge of foreign football came from Italian football on channel 4 and hence probably where the Ronaldo thoughts came from and not from when he moved to Spain and Barca and then Madrid.

I smell a stinker on this, I think that Real jersey was just a holiday souvenir. Basically apart from the European cup, Spanish football didn't hit our screens until Bale was 16. I'd imagine at most, after he got that shirt, Madrid were his cool team to support in Europe and nothing like is being projected right now. It most likely had a Suker or Robert Carlos name on the back. Remember Suker was golden boot winner at France 98.

Wasn't he 8 in that picture though, which being 24 would mean 16 years ago.

Thinking back 16 years ago there never was the coverage there is now on foreign clubs, most players were known through there countries and then there teams. So that photo was 97. Sky didn't start showing Spanish football until 2005. The main knowledge of foreign football came from Italian football on channel 4 and hence probably where the Ronaldo thoughts came from and not from when he moved to Spain and Barca and then Madrid.

I smell a stinker on this, I think that Real jersey was just a holiday souvenir. Basically apart from the European cup, Spanish football didn't hit our screens until Bale was 16. I'd imagine at most, after he got that shirt, Madrid were his cool team to support in Europe and nothing like is being projected right now. It most likely had a Suker or Robert Carlos name on the back. Remember Suker was golden boot winner at France 98.

He might have watched Eurogoals on Eurosport - had all of the major European leagues on that.

Back