• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Wales assistant boss Kit Symons has confirmed Gareth Bale is in contention to start against Macedonia.

Bale, fresh from becoming the world's most expensive footballer after completing his £85million from Tottenham to Real Madrid, is with the Wales squad in Skopje ahead of their World Cup qualifier with Macedonia.

Bale has not played a competitive game this season, but he has travelled and Symons admits that he is keen to play.

"He is here, he is really keen to play and wanted to be part of the squad so that is fantastic, " Symons told Sky Sports News.

"We are delighted to have him, the most important decision is to do the right thing by the player, be it a player from Real Madrid or any other club we will always do the right thing by the boys.

"He is obviously fit for selection and it has been fantastic having him as part of the squad, but obviously we are mindful of how much training he has actually done so far this season.

"What we have always done, and continue to do, is do the right thing by the players, as desperate as we are to win the game."

High finish

With four qualifying games left, whilst Wales cannot qualify for the World Cup next year, they could finish third in their group.

"We are going all out in the last four qualifiers to finish as high as we can, the third spot is up for grabs and we intend to get it," he said.

Despite being bottom of the group, Symons insists that Wales will not underestimate Macedonia.

"We have seen plenty of footage and had scouting reports and they have troubled the top teams, they have some good players and are a good team and we certainly won't underestimate them.

"We are delighted with the squad we have, it is more than strong enough to get a positive result out here."

-----

That injury sure cleared up fast I must say! meh meh meh coulda at least played against the goons for us then left.

maybe the plan was for next season, but the fact Real wanted him now meant that we had no chance in persuading him to stay, even if we finished in the top 4.

the figures are simply incredible...300k a week, world record transfer fee. Real piled on the pressure and got their man. Bale couldnt say no imo

I still say he will be back in England within 2 years though. Just dont see him succeeding out there and living up to the hype. If Real can so easily let a player like Ozil leave, Bale is going to have to perform miracles to survive out there

This is becoming an academic point mate. Let me just say again, he was absolutely going to stay until mid-summer when they turned back and turned the heat up. At which point yes, you are correct. I sadly felt it during the Hong Kong stuff when he was abruptly withdrawn from general squad stuff...the isolation had begun...it was despicable...they threatened never to come back for him if he didn't push for the move...it's very clear what happened...oh well...**** it. Life moves on I suppose mate...

My bitterness at the protracted sale saga is dissipating and being replaced with the realisation of the calibre of player we have lost. Regardless of how well the new players settle, it's going to be a long time before WHL bears witness to such a complete footballer.

[video=youtube_share;cRZMjHzWXQc]http://youtu.be/cRZMjHzWXQc[/video]

So long Gareth, thanks for the memories.

I will feel proud when I see him play for Real the same when Gazza went to Lazio.

same.

i really think he will do well with real and ancelotti, who has seen him up close. i also predict the decline of barca with a number of ageing key players. i hope to see bale lift the CL cup.

I reckon the next Madrid game will have record viewing figures for Sky.. there's gonna be huge pressure on him for those first few games, although I guess that comes with the territory.

Very interesting, what you makes you think that is Bale's flat though?

Because that's what the estate agents are telling everyone who views it. They might not be telling the truth (they are estate agents, after all) but it seems likely.

Back