• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

According to BBC earlier Levy had or was trying to put in a clause to the effect that RM have to pay us £10million if they sell Bale to a Prem team in the next four seasons.

Bale has shown great determination to keep improving and aiming for the next level. I wouldn't write off his chances of getting there just yet.

Do I think he could get there? Unlikely, but that's saying more about the quality of Ronaldo and Messi than Bale. It's a possibility though.

The problem is he will be expected to be there now because of the fee, and he isn't.

I put him on the Van Persie/Ribery level. Exceptional players, but still some distance off Messi and Ronaldo

Last edited:
Bye bye Gareth. Maybe he will return in a few seasons who knows, but the guy gave us some brilliant moments, especially last season.
Shame to see him go, he's given Ginola a run for his money in my, and I would think a few others, all-time Spurs X1. In fact the more I watch his highlights vids I think he is probably in ahead of DG

Messi and Ronaldo get 50+ goals per season. Messi scored in 22 consecutive league matches. No, he isn't on that level.

Bale didn't have Iniesti and Xavi providing through balls for him. He also had the waste of space Adebayor not contributing in front of him too. I think Bale is perfectly capable of being as good as Ronaldo. He a very different player to Messi, who doesn't look nearly as special when he plays for Argentina, so hard to compare there.

For all the posters ****ging him off for not turning up for training when it was obvious that he was going to leave, shame on you. If you were on the verge of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity like that, you wouldn't have gotten out of bed for fear of falling down the stairs.

For all the posters ****ging him off for not turning up for training when it was obvious that he was going to leave, shame on you. If you were on the verge of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity like that, you wouldn't have gotten out of bed for fear of falling down the stairs.

Speak for yourself, I would go to work and fulfil my notice period.

Bale didn't have Iniesti and Xavi providing through balls for him. He also had the waste of space Adebayor not contributing in front of him too. I think Bale is perfectly capable of being as good as Ronaldo. He a very different player to Messi, who doesn't look nearly as special when he plays for Argentina, so hard to compare there.

And that's why people are saying "he's no Ronaldo or Messi".

They have already done what you think Bale can do. Almost by definition that means he's not at their level, for now at least.

I don't see why people say 'he's no Ronaldo or Messi'.

The type of performances he put on last year were exactly on that level. He was amazing, and that's why they paid the money for him.

Because Ronaldo scored as many goals last season as Bale has in his whole career (and that isn't an exaggeration, those are actual numbers). And he's been doing this for 5 or 6 seasons now, as opposed to 2/3 of a season. Same for Messi.

And that's why people are saying "he's no Ronaldo or Messi".

They have already done what you think Bale can do. Almost by definition that means he's not at their level, for now at least.

I thought Bale was every bit as good as Ronaldo last year. If he can maintain that standard for another season or two, then he can be considered to be as good IMO

Just turned onto to SSN for the first time since I heard the news. Not quite in full-on w#nkfest mode. Thank GHod its finally over I suppose

Because Ronaldo scored as many goals last season as Bale has in his whole career (and that isn't an exaggeration, those are actual numbers). And he's been doing this for 5 or 6 seasons now, as opposed to 2/3 of a season. Same for Messi.

To compare him against Ronaldo and Messi based solely on goals scored isn't a valid comparison. Bale was supplied by Parker and Dembele last year, whilst playing behind Adebayor. Ronaldo and Messi had it a bit easier to say the least!

RM says its £77m, British media reporting £85.3m. What my favourite buttplug, all this to appease some f#ckers ego WALOB

To compare him against Ronaldo and Messi based solely on goals scored isn't a valid comparison. Bale was supplied by Parker and Dembele last year, whilst playing behind Adebayor. Ronaldo and Messi had it a bit easier to say the least!

True. However, it also meant that Bale could, in effect, do what he wanted. He could take shots from everywhere, even when other players were in better positions and have that tolerated from the fans, players and manager because he was by far our best player, most likely to score and most of us didn't care if he took a shot rather than passed it to Defoe or Adebayor.

How is that going to go at Real? What are Ronaldo, Isco, Benzema et al going to be saying and doing when he takes 10 shots per game while they're placed in a better position?

In reality, we can't tell how he'll do at Real. He has shown an incredible amount of desire to improve. But he's going from somewhere where he's loved to the lion's den. The same fans who booed Ronaldo last season. But Ronaldo had put in 3 exceptional, world class seasons before moving to Real and was a Ballon d'or winner. Bale has had this kind of level for 2/3 of a season.

I hope for his sake he hits the ground running.

RM says its £77m, British media reporting £85.3m. What my favourite buttplug, all this to appease some f#ckers ego WALOB

The fact that we are allowing Madrid to come out with this claptrap is beyond belief. With all the hundreds of pages of small print in the contract we should have insisted it was announced on both sides as a world record fee.

Back