• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

He made some really good runs yesterday that drew the defence to him and left space in the middle and on the right but that sort of thing is rarely picked up or highlighted in the analysis

This.
I thought he actually gave a proper team performance.

I thought he did more defensively than in some matches last season. Still nowhere near Lennon's contribution defensively though.

I don't really see him getting back to foil their full back as massive praise. That's what he's supposed to do, even more so when we have a young full back in his first PL start for us.

Bale still has a lot to learn off the ball in my opinion, but I think he's improving.

Agreed, but I think AVB might be able to give him that next level dimension to his game...

Gareth Bale's ears

I think he's had them operated on, pinned back. Either that or his hairdresser has worked a miracle in making them look less sticky outy. Just saying.

Re: Gareth Bale's ears

Speaking of Bale, when he scored his goal his team mates come up to him and then he started running somewhere - looked like he was going towards the bench Does anyone know if he was going up to AVB or anything like that? The cameras stopped following him and started showing the replays....

Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker
Gareth Bale's apparent pinning back of his ears is disappointing. If I had big sticking out ears i wouldn't resort to surgery

Speaking of Bale, when he scored his goal his team mates come up to him and then he started running somewhere - looked like he was going towards the bench Does anyone know if he was going up to AVB or anything like that? The cameras stopped following him and started showing the replays....

I wondered the exact same thing.

I really hope he wasn't, but it looked to me like he was missing Adebayor and that GHod awful leg-swingy celebration they did last season. He didn't know what to do with himself!! Was he running to the bench to try and sneak it in?

Good to see him back on the goal trail
Arguably the only world class player left - and clearly has it within him to hit 15-20 league goals
Important he stays fit and in form

I was thinking the same thing

Gareth Bale, the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder, has said he has no plans to leave White Hart Lane and believes the club can return to the Champions League with new manager Andre Villas-Boas.

Bale, who had been linked with a move to Barcelona in the summer after Spurs lost their Champions League qualification spot to Chelsea, has said the club is now enjoying a new lease of life.

"I'm enjoying my football, we've got a great squad now and hopefully next season we can get Champions League football, where we should be," said the Welshman who scored in Sunday's 3-1 Premier League defeat of Reading.

When asked if he had considered leaving the north London club at the end of last season, Bale said: "No. I've always been focused on my game, playing football, and I'm enjoying myself here at the moment so there's no reason to go anywhere.

Bale added that last week's move to a new state of the art training complex has instilled a new-found sense of belief within the Spurs squad that can help the team go on the type of run which pushed them towards the top of the table in the first half of last season.

"We didn't have a great start last year and we were in a similar position this year," Bale said. "We went on a run last season and there's no reason why we can't do it this year.

"It feels like a new club at the moment with the new training ground. It has excited everybody, and has brought everybody up again."

The poor start the London club endured under Villas-Boas had led some to question chairman Daniel Levy's decision to bring the Portuguese in to replace Harry Redknapp, who was sacked despite finishing fourth, fifth and fourth in his three full seasons at the club.

Villas-Boas' failure to hang on to Luka Modric, and the sale of fans' favourite Rafael van der Vaart, raised a few eyebrows, but the double capture of Mousa Dembele and Clint Dempsey from Fulham looks an inspired bit of business.

Bale, now in his sixth season at White Hart Lane, feels the club are stronger now than they were at the end of last season, and brushed off reports Villas-Boas was under pressure after the poor start to his reign.

"I haven't heard anything about (Villas-Boas') future," Bale said. "He's here to build a team and it's a new way of playing for us, compared to last season.

"It does take time. Everybody should understand that. There has been an improvement in every game and you saw that at Reading.

"Everybody just has to be patient. Things will come and it'll start to click like it did yesterday and, hopefully, we can push on from there.

"Everyone feels fresh again and we've got the new signings now, which is great.

"We've got a stronger squad now than we did at the start of the season. Our plan is to win every game and we'll be trying to do that."

Villas-Boas deployed Dembele in Modric's former position for his first start yesterday and the Belgian impressed with his passing and movement.

Bale thinks the 25-year-old, who came off the bench and scored against Norwich, is more than capable of filling the Croat's shoes.

"Mousa's come in and he's been absolutely fantastic," Bale said.

"He scored on his debut, played unbelievable against Reading and he's been a great addition to the squad. "Obviously it's not nice to see your big players go but I'm sure he can fill his (Modric's) boots and more."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9548798/Tottenham-Hotspur-midfielder-Gareth-Bale-happy-and-insists-Champions-League-can-return-to-White-Hart-Lane.html

Back