• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

To be fair playing bale at left back makes about as much sense as saying hey our Gomes has a similar name to germaby's star striker Gomez ! And Gomes also started out as a striker! fudge it it's fate, let's sack off our striker crisis and play Gomes up front, problem solved!

Don't know if I'd take it that far... He did start with us as a LB mind you. The thinking there would be him playing an Alves type role for us constantly getting to the line and sending in crosses. Which to be completely honest is probably his greatest talent.

Don't know if I'd take it that far... He did start with us as a LB mind you. The thinking there would be him playing an Alves type role for us constantly getting to the line and sending in crosses. Which to be completely honest is probably his greatest talent.
Agreed, but it would still be a waste of his ability to score goals, he's fairly decent at that too.

Personally I didn't think Harry managed to get the most out of Bale - or take advantage of the fact that he was tightly marked by at least two players at any given time - when everyone got aware of how good he actually was. It was particularly obvious that he got found out in domestic games in the 10/11 season, after his sensational second half in 09/10, and I thought Bale received too much criticism at the time. As some have pointed out previously, I think we can be a far more dangerous side if we can give Bale more space, or make use of the space he gives his teammates. That's not all down to Bale himself, I hope the new manager sees that.

It really is mental isn't it! So much evidence from early in his career that he is not a natural defender and lacks the defensive ability to be a full back, and so much evidence that he is so incredibly effective as a left winger and yet some crazy fools still think about putting him at fullback, despite all the evidence to the contrary! It's like successive England managers who despite seeming to have footballing knowledge and nous galore persisted with trying to fit lampard abd Gerard in central midfield...never gonna work! STFU you Bale left back mentalists!!!

The vast majority of young full backs can be exposed and look defensively suspect. Bale looked no worse a defender than Kyle Walker at full back.....

Re: Gareth Bale

Now that Luka Modric has gone I have decided to bump this thread as I would now like to say how much I love Gareth Bale and his 4 year contract, and that he now has to be our best player. He is world-famous and every top club in the world wants him. Whenever he gets the ball and starts running down the wing I instantly get excited and he is without doubt the biggest threat we pose going forward. I reckon we could easily get £50m for him if we chose to sell (mainly due to his contract), and he has proven he is world-class despite the fact he's 23. He is our club's biggest asset, and I look forward to see how he continues to make a name for himself in the future.

I recognise this was a random post, but I just feel it was necessary.

As good as he is, I don't think he's consistently performing yet at the level the hype would suggest. Anyone coming in for him would be paying for his potential. Looking forward to seeing him and the rest play this season once we get a more settled team.

Bale's main criticism has always been consistency, but this has generally coincided with poor form from the rest of the team.

Our most important player and would walk into probably 17 teams in the league regardless of the hatred he receives from other clubs fans.

Our most important player and would walk into probably 17 teams in the league regardless of the hatred he receives from other clubs fans.

Completely agree. Frightening thing is he still have much room to improve. Take away his goals and assists last season and we would be a very different team. As first half vs WBA showed he needs others to step up, not always about him.

17? I'd say 20. Can't think of any other PL left-winger that I'd rather have than Bale.

Well Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea have some pretty good options. They have players like Silva, Mata and Nasri to choose from and constantly switch formations, even though those players aren't left wingers like Bale.

Well Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea have some pretty good options. They have players like Silva, Mata and Nasri to choose from and constantly switch formations, even though those players aren't left wingers like Bale.

I still think if the opportunity came they'd all go for Bale.

I still think if the opportunity came they'd all go for Bale.

They would, but there's no guarantee he'd start every week given the squads Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project have, but he'd play every week for practically every other side.

Back