• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I would take 60m plus Rooney. Rooney can play in our front line behind the striker and play Lamela on the left or right.

I think Rooney is more creative than people give him credit for. He is certainly better than Hulk who spending 30m on seems ridiculous.

I dont really give a **** if we sell him to an English club.

Actually really doubt there actually is a second bid; if there is any substance to this story it's more likely a leak from us to put pressure on Madrid to actually pay what has been 'agreed' (if there actually is anything 'agreed') and stops them using the press to make it look like it's a 'done deal'

And why not, eh?

Last edited:

Would feel physically sick if he went to utd but for £60m plus Rooney, **** me that is actually near impossible to turn down, they reason I would is because they're one of our rivals.

I would take 60m plus Rooney. Rooney can play in our front line behind the striker and play Lamela on the left or right.

I think Rooney is more creative than people give him credit for. He is certainly better than Hulk who spending 30m on seems ridiculous.

I dont really give a **** if we sell him to an English club.

You don't care about selling to an English club?? Did you want us to sell Modric to Chelski before as well??#-o

Oh and Rooney coming to us is cloud cuckoo-land: why would he drop his big wages to come to us and not even say Arsenal who are in CL?? Twitter bull at it's best.

Would feel physically sick if he went to utd but for £60m plus Rooney, **** me that is actually near impossible to turn down, they reason I would is because they're one of our rivals.

It would also **** of chelscum.

I would take that as a better deal than RM - we would be guaranteed the money also. I think they would pay it in one installment too.

I hate RM and would teach them a ****in lesson. The thing is I think Levy a) doesnt want to sell to an English club and b) wants this world record fee which is understandable but if a deal such as the one rumoured was on the table - id ****in take that. Maybe get 65m plus Rooney.

Yeah the Rooney thing is a bit unbelievable and he wouldn't come to us. Nani is more likely to be a make weight if anything.

You don't care about selling to an English club?? Did you want us to sell Modric to Chelski before as well??#-o

Oh and Rooney coming to us is cloud cuckoo-land: why would he drop his big wages to come to us and not even say Arsenal who are in CL?? Twitter bull at it's best.

I dont care what happens, im thinking about Spurs. a deal of 60m plus Rooney would benefit us especially as we seem to have missed out on Willian whome AVB wanted. I always pose the question - would the deal benefit us far greater than just getting 86m? I think that would.

I hate RM and as far as im concerned, we need to have some pride and dignity and teach them a ****in lesson - that you cannot do what you did and expect to come out as winners.

Some of you that think that it's even possible that we could get Rooney are forgetting that whilst we may be able to spend big on transfer fees due to Bale possible going, we are NOT in a position to blow our wage structure sky high on an England player who is probably past his best.

It's NOT going to happen

Yeah the Rooney thing is a bit unbelievable and he wouldn't come to us. Nani is more likely to be a make weight if anything.

Not sure why people still think players wouldnt come to us. The wages is a stumbling block ill give you that and maybe im biased but I think he would rather come to us than go to ****.

I dont care what happens, im thinking about Spurs. a deal of 60m plus Rooney would benefit us especially as we seem to have missed out on Willian whome AVB wanted. I always pose the question - would the deal benefit us far greater than just getting 86m? I think that would.

I hate RM and as far as im concerned, we need to have some pride and dignity and teach them a ****in lesson - that you cannot do what you did and expect to come out as winners.

You seem to have forgotten the Berbatov saga; that was far more ****ish than RM's actually pathetic public pronouncements in comparison. Just that the money involved is far higher with Bale.

You want us to break into the top 4 and possibly even challenge for the PL is assume? Why strengthen a rival, possibly making them increase their gap on us rather then sell abroad?

Not sure why people still think players wouldnt come to us. The wages is a stumbling block ill give you that and maybe im biased but I think he would rather come to us than go to ****.

Who is it he's rather come to us for? And why would he come here rather than whomever that is??

Scenario could easily unfold as this:
* United offer 60m + Rooney
* Both players talk to the clubs
* Rooney turns us down and we end up selling for straight cash on the relative cheap.

Tell Moyes to do one, he's not Fergie he's small fry. Rooney probably going to stay knowing Moyes will be gone by Christmas.

Cl participation is another thing and the likelihood of trophies. Add that to the massive wages and I'd say this is non-runner from the get-go.

I don't think he'll go to Arsenal either. Chelsea maybe.

Cl participation is another thing and the likelihood of trophies. Add that to the massive wages and I'd say this is non-runner from the get-go.

I don't think he'll go to Arsenal either. Chelsea maybe.

Again, THIS. Probably just a rumour started by Twitter trolls to guess what the 'other offer' was; which in itself was probably just a rumour sanctioned by the club to put pressure on Madrid to put up or shut up

You seem to have forgotten the Berbatov saga; that was far more ****ish than RM's actually pathetic public pronouncements in comparison. Just that the money involved is far higher with Bale.

You want us to break into the top 4 and possibly even challenge for the PL is assume? Why strengthen a rival, possibly making them increase their gap on us rather then sell abroad?

I havent forgotten the Berba saga ive just moved on. Are we going to be such fans that continually think of the past etc? We need to move on.

If Man Utd offer us 60-65m straight up cash plus Rooney THAT IS strengthening us. You dont think Rooney plus Lamela (plus a surplus of around 35m) would strengthen us? It would strengthen them having Bale (I agree and it is tough to take) but a deal like that would strengthen us plus no risk of cash not being recieved etc. We need to look after ourselves and **** everything else. Worrying constantly about other clubs serves no purpose.

Im sure players see our potential and see that they can be part of a succesful ambitious team. Rooney doesnt have many other choices tat would beat Man Utd in terms of club size.

Anyways we will see what happens, im sure we are discussing a rumour that is barely a rumour but more someone spouting off ****e.

I havent forgotten the Berba saga ive just moved on. Are we going to be such fans that continually think of the past etc? We need to move on.

If Man Utd offer us 60-65m straight up cash plus Rooney THAT IS strengthening us. You dont think Rooney plus Lamela (plus a surplus of around 35m) would strengthen us? It would strengthen them having Bale (I agree and it is tough to take) but a deal like that would strengthen us plus no risk of cash not being recieved etc. We need to look after ourselves and **** everything else. Worrying constantly about other clubs serves no purpose.

Im sure players see our potential and see that they can be part of a succesful ambitious team. Rooney doesnt have many other choices tat would beat Man Utd in terms of club size.

Anyways we will see what happens, im sure we are discussing a rumour that is barely a rumour but more someone spouting off ****e.

Yeah it's all twitter ****ter at the moment.

I can't see Utd letting Rooney go anywhere unless they have a suitable replacement lined up. I'm not sure who that could be, Mata maybe. A Rooney/Mata exchange is probably unlikely but it I think it would suit all parties. Rooney (and his **** of an agent) seem to be motivated heavily by money as the Emirates Marketing Project transfer thing would show you. He doesn't strike me as a guy to move to an up-and-coming team such as ourselves, and on less wages. A move to Chelsea looks a good match and if Mata was going the other way I'd say Utd would have gotten the better deal.

With Fergie in charge selling to United was just annoying, we weren't really selling to a rival. But with Moyes they are in transition and we don't want to do anything to help them.

That said, if the £60m + Rooney was real and he was willing to come on sensible wages, we would have to consider it. He is a good player and possibly he has just got stale (which makes the prospect of him going to Arsenal a worry) and he would improve us dramatically. Clearly, it's not happening, though.

I still think he will end up in Madrid now but anything that makes toadface pull his hair out and have a tantrum is fine by me.....

The embarrassment for Madrid after the shirts on sale/stage being erected would be priceless.

Back