• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

It's all a massive ploy by Madrid and us to raise our profile. We are on BT advertising, FIFA 14, Time Square, NBC, front page of Marca everyday... It's working!

Little old us, no CL, no titles but plastered on all advertising. We'll get the naming rights sold, and work will begin for real on the new stadium

Bale will stay this year, he's probably known the whole time, but just asked by all to stay quiet. He'll go next year for around £80m, everyone's happy. Partnership working in full effect

i still believe bale is going. fake injury, total silence, conflicting but unrelenting noise from the press. and our ability to freely invest in the transfer market.

BRIHLTrCEAAnMtb.jpg:large

Doesn't quite add up though does it - Levy putting out an official line that Bale is not for sale full stop whilst spending hours negotiating. If he's genuinely not for sale why talk to Perez?

Negotiating goes along these lines:

Perez - We'll give you 60m for Bale

Levy - F off he's not for sale at any price.

Perez - Make it 70m

Levy - [silence]

Perez - OK, 75m

Levy - [silence]

Perez - 80m final offer

Levy - [silence]

Perez - [to newspapers] We're in talks with Spurs.

i still believe bale is going. fake injury, total silence, conflicting but unrelenting noise from the press. and our ability to freely invest in the transfer market.

if you mean Bale, why would he say anything?

if he says he wants to go but the move doesn't happen then he's upset the fans.

if he says he wants to stay he drastically weakens his position if he's negotiating for a new deal with us, with the added problem of publicly upsetting Madrid.

it makes sense for him to keep quiet at this stage.

Perez slightly upped his initial offer to £86 million (€100 million) but Levy reiterated his valuation of £104 million (€120 million). Either fee would shatter the existing world record transfer fee of £80 million that was paid by Madrid to Manchester United for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009.

So more or less they have offered €100 million and we want £100 million (rounded up to €120 million). Both would be happy if the euro exchange rate went to $1.25/£1 instead of the current 1.16. So another euro crisis should seal the deal.

if he says he wants to stay he drastically weakens his position if he's negotiating for a new deal with us, with the added problem of publicly upsetting Madrid.

In marked contrast to Suarez. Which suggests to me that everyone is working towards making a deal and Bale is fully aware. If Levy was really blocking a move then the Suarez tactics become a possible course of action.

Wenger's comments made me laugh. Basically he said they made an offer in good faith because they heard about the clause in the contract. Now it's just a matter between Liverpool and Suarez and nothing to do with Arsenal. Obviously if we were involved I would not be laughing.

In marked contrast to Suarez. Which suggests to me that everyone is working towards making a deal and Bale is fully aware. If Levy was really blocking a move then the Suarez tactics become a possible course of action.

Wenger's comments made me laugh. Basically he said they made an offer in good faith because they heard about the clause in the contract. Now it's just a matter between Liverpool and Suarez and nothing to do with Arsenal. Obviously if we were involved I would not be laughing.

Maybe Bale isn't doing that because he isn't as much of a **** as Suarez, and isn't as desperate to leave?

I totally agree with this. A few weeks ago we were all talking about Bale signing a new contract, if a club comes in for you while you're negotiating a new contract are you gonna go 'Nah, don't fancy moving to spain just yet' or are you going to say 'well, I could sign a new contract.. but what are Real offering?'

This just in:

Real Madrid have just upped their deposit on Gareth Bale to a signed Julio Iglesias CD, a bottle of Sangria and a 1,000 pesetas note they found stuffed down the sofa in the player's lounge.

This just in:

Real Madrid have just upped their deposit on Gareth Bale to a signed Julio Iglesias CD, a bottle of Sangria and a 1,000 pesetas note they found stuffed down the sofa in the player's lounge.

best stick to the stats ;) :)

I still think he'll be sold before the end of the transfer window, but if we can keep hold of him then we're going to have an excellent team this season!

If Levy's attempts to Sabotage this move are successful then we could be a major force this season.

If Levy's attempts to Sabotage this move are successful then we could be a major force this season.

Totally agree. We need a left back and another 4-3-3 style wide player to be title contenders (and we need another centre half as cover) if we keep Bale, but top four is definitely on and we are currently stronger than Arsenal.

It's all a massive ploy by Madrid and us to raise our profile. We are on BT advertising, FIFA 14, Time Square, NBC, front page of Marca everyday... It's working!

Little old us, no CL, no titles but plastered on all advertising. We'll get the naming rights sold, and work will begin for real on the new stadium

Bale will stay this year, he's probably known the whole time, but just asked by all to stay quiet. He'll go next year for around £80m, everyone's happy. Partnership working in full effect

Pleased that people are coming around to this notion. ;)

He doesn't have to sabotage anything, he can simply say no. And he should, IMO.

yep I agree, its getting to late and to disruptive for any deal now....but yes I know we have form of selling late.

if we keep hold and have done that with the money we have spent thus far then it shows tremendous ambition from the club.......if he does go we have already started making signings to make us a stronger unit overall.

He doesn't have to sabotage anything, he can simply say no. And he should, IMO.

I agree but they will more than likely, being Real keep coming back to table

So throwing in the "player plus cash deals" which never come off is a good tactic to prolong the who situation

Still hope we keep him, if he wants out next season (who would want to leave the new Premier League champions? lololozlzozlzz) then let him go.

Then again, IF Madrid can offer €100-120m with say... 50% of it upfront? and guarantee the other 50% will be paid in a good time frame he will be off.

Big ol' if.

Back