• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

london evening standard saying that Bale wont travel to Monaco

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/now-gareth-bale-sits-out-trip-to-monaco-8743429.html

that injury must be a Real pain in the ass

More speculation. If his injury means he can't play or take part in training with his teammates, of course he would stay at home.

That means (a) he can continue getting treatment at the club's facilities and (b) doesn't have to leave his family for a few days.

It depends. If we're amenable to him leaving, it wont come to that. If we're not, then we have a course of action planned out for each of those eventualities. If he hands in a transfer request, he forfeits all contract and loyalty bonuses due to him, and we can still turn it down and make him train with the U-21's till he stops being disruptive. If he goes on strike, we can keep fining him each week's wages until he's either gone the entire year without payment or he caves and returns to training.

Both fairly extreme, but it's not like we're totally powerless if we absolutely want to keep him regardless of the potential consequences. I'd prefer if we sorted it out one way or another without resorting to such methods, though.

I wouldn't be against Levy doing those things but I think business will prevail as it has with previous wantaway players.

how are we powerless?

The transfer window closes. Is Bale going to continue striking? You are talking about a young-ish footballer who was in the form of his life. Is he really going to be able to stay away knowing he is staying here?

Well let's hope Levy gets one extra year out of him like he did Modric. Players still have the power as far as I can see.

More speculation. If his injury means he can't play or take part in training with his teammates, of course he would stay at home.

That means (a) he can continue getting treatment at the club's facilities and (b) doesn't have to leave his family for a few days.

he was ' injured ' before we went to Hong Kong, but he still went all the way out there

I've thought he is reluctant to hand in a transfer request. Not only does he lose his loyalty bonus (which I'm guessing is considerably large) but he doesn't want to strain the relationship he has with our fans. No proof to this, but I did read it somewhere

Have you seen where he's moving on to.........don't think he'll care too much about this

That stuff is such pr gonad*s.

People would buy Real madrid shirts anyway, A signing doesn't add that many more shirts.

Exactly. They would have to add an extra million or so shirts on top of that for two years to pay off Bale's transfer fee.

Edit: far more then that really, more like 4-5 million shirts per year.

So..... Lets work this out then shall we? Team shirts sell on average for what, £40? £50? Say 50. Production of those is cheap in comparison so lets say they make £40 profit on top, per shirt. So in shirt sales alone, 2m extra shirts needed to pay off Bale. That's not going to happen, he may sell some extra shirts but I cannot see what he has over the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Beckham to shift significantly more that 1.4m shirts.

Of course, they will expect to make more money back in other areas. But to me it comes back to what Bale is worth to Madrid in particular. Will he be that crucial link that sees them win a treble, will he be that bit more flair that sells out the last remaining seats, will he add a little more marketability to Real Madrid, already the biggest brand in world football?

I agree, Bale isn't really going to sell them many MORE shirts ("daddy can I have one with the name of that Wales guys?").

I just don't see it, and think that deal is just about Madrid trying to show they are the richest and biggest for vanity only. It's like having a personalised number plate, or wearing a £20 plain white Nike polo shirt ahead of a £5 unbranded one. People do it just cos they can.

Well let's hope Levy gets one extra year out of him like he did Modric. Players still have the power as far as I can see.

You never know. It might appeal to Bale to play with the quality players we seem to be buying now and help get us in the CL as a swansong.

That just plays into levys hands if he really wants to keep bale though.

It's not just us that will be reading these crazy figures and believing them to be realistic - so will bale and his advisors.

If real suddenly turn round and go 'here's 70m'then levy has a much easier job of explaining to bale that he's worth more than that and real are low balling them, as real have talked up his value themselves all summer.

Contrast that to real taking about putting in a 50 bid and turning his head with that before putting in a 70m offer and suddenly it's hard to justify to bale how we can turn it down.

In fact, the more I think about it the more I think it's possibly not just the Madrid camp leaking things. It's a conspiracy theory but hell, if levy knows real can't afford a record fee and doesn't want to sell then why not leak huge transfer figures about and then at the end of the summer publicly say 'you've twisted my arm - 105m and he's yours', knowing full well they can't match it. Hell of a long bluff and not likely, but you never know in business - it's happened to us with other clubs often enough.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk 2

The more i think of it, the more i think you are onto something here. It's funny how RM wont confirm they have tabled a bid and only say 'discussions continue'. Perhaps Levy has called their bluff and put a massive barrier to entry right in front of their next galactico.

That barrier is the £85,£90,£105m headline figures splashed across the papers. Levy may have decided that every player does have a price, and that is Bales. I would guess 90+% of us would be happy with 90m?

This has clearly showed RM what ball park we are playing in, and basically RM are struggling with that hence all the player makeweights we keep hearing about.

And, as you say, any low balling is gonna get laughed at.

Levy trying create a win win for us, even he gets called on his high valuation....we still fill our boots. (just hope we have someone to fill bales[-o

So..... Lets work this out then shall we? Team shirts sell on average for what, £40? £50? Say 50. Production of those is cheap in comparison so lets say they make £40 profit on top, per shirt. So in shirt sales alone, 2m extra shirts needed to pay off Bale. That's not going to happen, he may sell some extra shirts but I cannot see what he has over the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Beckham to shift significantly more that 1.4m shirts.

Of course, they will expect to make more money back in other areas. But to me it comes back to what Bale is worth to Madrid in particular. Will he be that crucial link that sees them win a treble, will he be that bit more flair that sells out the last remaining seats, will he add a little more marketability to Real Madrid, already the biggest brand in world football?

I agree, Bale isn't really going to sell them many MORE shirts ("daddy can I have one with the name of that Wales guys?").

I just don't see it, and think that deal is just about Madrid trying to show they are the richest and biggest for vanity only. It's like having a personalised number plate, or wearing a £20 plain white Nike polo shirt ahead of a £5 unbranded one. People do it just cos they can.

Agreed.

It smacks a bit of 'Ronaldo might want to leave, panic!' to me.

You know what, I've never bad mouthed Redknapp on here but Harry.......please fudge off and keep your comments to yourself.

You know what, I've never bad mouthed Redknapp on here but Harry.......please fudge off and keep your comments to yourself.

Exactly the same here. Saints and Pompey fans have warned me alike. Give him enough money and he'll turn against you. Shame.

Exactly the same here. Saints and Pompey fans have warned me alike. Give him enough money and he'll turn against you. Shame.

He was asked the questioned because he managed him for a few years so i think he was entitled to give an answer,and what i heard, he did say 'if' he goes he'll do well etc.

Out of hundreds of people who have given their five pence worth only a few know bale well enough on what he's thinking, i think harry should be one of them, and i presume when he was in charge he had to knock s few offers back in his time here.

Frankly, don't think anyone knows what is going to happen with Bale, even Bale himself. Levy and the Real Madrid chairman are probably looking at each other for a decision while Bale and his agent are waiting for an agreement between both.

I am beginning to have some doubts about Real Madrid's capability to pay the money we are asking. They are probably waiting for Levy to lower the asking price. Remember we asked 40m for Modric but settled for 33m. When we made that "partnership" agreement with Real during the Modric transfer, we should have included a condition that Real should not bid for any of Spurs players for atleast 3 years. Don't understand why Levy never included a condition like that. Real was always going to bid for Bale after buying Modric.

Problem with that condition is that it can always be waived if both parties agree. And Real's way of operating would be the same and force us to waive it. They like to make public comments about a player, fuel speculation of a massive offer to get the player interested, then get the RM players to say what a great signing he would be, before finally lobbing in a low-ball offer

If Ronaldo is wanting out then we should swap him.. For bale.

Pay him 150k a week.. and have Madrid subsidise the wages with a cash add on of 20m.. 4 years = 5m/year 96k, which would give Ron 250k a week.

;) Everyone happy.

you underestimate why they are buying Bale....not just because he is a top player, but they want to completely overshadow Barca's purchase of Neymar. This is a big deal for Perez imo and the opinion of some Spanish football experts

Nope. That's not my point.
My point is whether they have enough cash in a form Levy wants IF he decides it's not worth holding him to his contract.

Back