• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

when you're that desperate for answers you see what you want to see

we shall see....by all the info, stories swirling around, imo its 70% in favour of him on his way. You probably see things differently and think its 90% certain he will stay

like you say, we all interpret things differently

If things go through as expected.....i hope the club and ledley have pencilled in new opposition for his testimonial,we shouldn't be looking up to them and praising them,and thinking they are something special,get borussia dortmund in a club with proper ethics at least.

If things go through as expected.....i hope the club and ledley have pencilled in new opposition for his testimonial,we shouldn't be looking up to them and praising them,and thinking they are something special,get borussia dortmund in a club with proper ethics at least.

i dont think Levy minds dealing with them......Levy would much rather sell abroad than to a PL rival. They took Modric instead of Utd or Chelsea buying him, and Bale was always going to leave for a bigger club, so surely its better he goes for a world record fee to Real than a cheaper fee to Utd or City

i dont think Levy has a problem with Real or with Barnett in all this. You know when Levy is angry, he comes out fighting threatening legal actions, or tells everyone no player will be sold no matter what the offer is etc etc. Levy's silence speaks volumes in this case. Imo he will try and get the best deal for Spurs, as always

we shall see....by all the info, stories swirling around, imo its 70% in favour of him on his way. You probably see things differently and think its 90% certain he will stay

like you say, we all interpret things differently

i only really pay attention to the stuff which is based in fact when it comes to stories like this and as far as i can see it's all a media storm based on very little, other than Reals interest everything else is Chinese whispers

my thinking is that we don't need to sell and i have doubts as to whether Real will pay anywhere near what we are looking for, the figures jumping around are quite ludicurous when you actually think about it so tbh im not really that concerned

If there's any truth in this - and at this point in time I'm inclined to think there is, we've seen this story unfold too many times to bury our heads in the sand - then £105m for any one player is utter madness, when you consider that you could buy a whole premiership team for that much money; even rooney is 'only' being mooted as a 30m player and neymar cost under half that.

Yeah that money is less important once you factor in missed commercial opportunities but because of the cut the player and agent usually get once they hit their peak and negotiate a contract that probably isn't as bad as it could be - even Beckham in his prime 'only' bought in around 10m a year to real Madrid.

Horrible to see our best player go yet again but long term, baldini should be able to use that money to buy the next 10 bales, with some first team additions on top of that.

i only really pay attention to the stuff which is based in fact when it comes to stories like this and as far as i can see it's all a media storm based on very little, other than Reals interest everything else is Chinese whispers

my thinking is that we don't need to sell and i have doubts as to whether Real will pay anywhere near what we are looking for, the figures jumping around are quite ludicurous when you actually think about it so tbh im not really that concerned

if we deal in fact there is nothing really interesting to talk about :) tbh im pretty cool with it all, if he stays then great as we will have one more year of a world class player, if he goes im sure that Levy will get a world record deal which will enable AVB to do a bit more shopping.

even if we keep Bale another year there are no guarantees we will finish in the top 4, something always conspires against us;), if he goes it might make it harder to get the top 4 place but im sure it will still be close as it has been in recent seasons

seriously, its a great time to be a Spurs fan imo

I disagree, I don't think newspapers like the Guardian go this strongly with an angle unless they are being fed by the agent and player. He or his agent haven't been quoted because things haven't got that desperate for their move yet. Anyway, I'm optimistic either way, if he leaves all we need now is his replacement, hopefully someone creative, and I think we'll be great. He's overpriced right now, I don't think we'll get more for him. The only thing I worry about is if Madrid manipulate him into forcing the transfer and we get a lot less than we're hoping.

Glad Levy's backed AVB with the Soldado signing but think that might be with one eye on the potential Bale deal.

I disagree, I don't think newspapers like the Guardian go this strongly with an angle unless they are being fed by the agent and player. He or his agent haven't been quoted because things haven't got that desperate for their move yet. Anyway, I'm optimistic either way, if he leaves all we need now is his replacement, hopefully someone creative, and I think we'll be great. He's overpriced right now, I don't think we'll get more for him. The only thing I worry about is if Madrid manipulate him into forcing the transfer and we get a lot less than we're hoping.

Glad Levy's backed AVB with the Soldado signing but think that might be with one eye on the potential Bale deal.

Very much this. While the media's reporting on a large part of this is shameful, perhaps not quite as shameful as Madrid's antics, don't think for one second that there isn't a possibility of people working on behalf of Bale leaking stuff to the press to ratchet up the pressure on Levy. To say that because there have been no quotes directly from Bale and therefore it's all made up, is, quite frankly, laughable.

All hinges on whether he hands in a transfer request imo, all well and good the press saying he wants out, but no formal request from him yet.

If there's any truth in this - and at this point in time I'm inclined to think there is, we've seen this story unfold too many times to bury our heads in the sand - then £105m for any one player is utter madness, when you consider that you could buy a whole premiership team for that much money; even rooney is 'only' being mooted as a 30m player and neymar cost under half that.

Yeah that money is less important once you factor in missed commercial opportunities but because of the cut the player and agent usually get once they hit their peak and negotiate a contract that probably isn't as bad as it could be - even Beckham in his prime 'only' bought in around 10m a year to real Madrid.

Horrible to see our best player go yet again but long term, baldini should be able to use that money to buy the next 10 bales, with some first team additions on top of that.

Yep. This is now my thinking. I don't give a fudge about this selling tag club. If we were on top of the pile it would be slightly easier to reject a £100m offer for you're best player. Bale could do more for us by being sold than if he stays. We need to be looking at top replacements though.

Lamela, Pjanic, Eriksen etc...

i dont think Levy minds dealing with them......Levy would much rather sell abroad than to a PL rival. They took Modric instead of Utd or Chelsea buying him, and Bale was always going to leave for a bigger club, so surely its better he goes for a world record fee to Real than a cheaper fee to Utd or City

i dont think Levy has a problem with Real or with Barnett in all this. You know when Levy is angry, he comes out fighting threatening legal actions, or tells everyone no player will be sold no matter what the offer is etc etc. Levy's silence speaks volumes in this case. Imo he will try and get the best deal for Spurs, as always

End of the day its business and of course levy said a figure to madrid on when they can start talking but its the business of zindane and how they started to chip away since the begining of the year on how they liked him,your not telling me bales agent has been tapped up for over year and giving bale the heads up on whats happening,so giving him time to stew over on whats on offer.

im not saying Bale and his camp aren't trying to get the move, im sure if he ever spoke honestly he would have it as his preferred option and one that he wants to happen - it's the biggest club in the world at the end of the day, i don't think there are many who would not jump at the chance of joining them.

however, pushing for a deal/leaking info etc doesn't equal Real Madrid making an offer that we deem acceptable - like i said earlier i don't think Real will have a bid accepted by Spurs and we aren't in a position where we would fold to dirty tactics if they were used by Bale and his camp (refusing to play or whatever)

are Bales camp pushing for a move? yes
does that mean he'll leave? not at all

I think Bale would also be tempted to have a genuine crack at the PL title with his mates at Spurs too.

I'm worried the 86m stories aren't actually official and are just more press fed propaganda and Madrid will actually pay a lot less. I think we should have got more for Modric considering the market and the figures being thrown about beforehand.

im not saying Bale and his camp aren't trying to get the move, im sure if he ever spoke honestly he would have it as his preferred option - it's the biggest club in the world at the end of the day, i don't think there are many who would not jump at the chance of joining them.

however, pushing for a deal/leaking info etc doesn't equal Real Madrid making an offer that we deem acceptable

but Real, and Perez, have shown that they are not scared of paying whatever it takes to get the player they want. They always get their bollox out and pay big, thats what its all about, trying to appear bigger than Barca.

They are always in huge debt, but always spend vast sums of money. What other club could break the world transfer record TWICE in one summer, and not just break it, smash it out of the ballpark when they paid 55 mill for Kaka and then 80 mill for Ronaldo.....with Perez, its ALL about making that big statement.

If they want Bale, they are going to break the world record again. There biggest task this summer was to convince the player to move this year, and then convince Levy to let him go. Thats what the media campaign has been all about

all imo of course:)

I'm worried the 86m stories aren't actually official and are just more press fed propaganda and Madrid will actually pay a lot less. I think we should have got more for Modric considering the market and the figures being thrown about beforehand.

That just plays into levys hands if he really wants to keep bale though.

It's not just us that will be reading these crazy figures and believing them to be realistic - so will bale and his advisors.

If real suddenly turn round and go 'here's 70m'then levy has a much easier job of explaining to bale that he's worth more than that and real are low balling them, as real have talked up his value themselves all summer.

Contrast that to real taking about putting in a 50 bid and turning his head with that before putting in a 70m offer and suddenly it's hard to justify to bale how we can turn it down.

In fact, the more I think about it the more I think it's possibly not just the Madrid camp leaking things. It's a conspiracy theory but hell, if levy knows real can't afford a record fee and doesn't want to sell then why not leak huge transfer figures about and then at the end of the summer publicly say 'you've twisted my arm - 105m and he's yours', knowing full well they can't match it. Hell of a long bluff and not likely, but you never know in business - it's happened to us with other clubs often enough.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk 2

more for Modric?? i think we got an amazing deal financially. He was an important clog in our wheel, but that doesnt mean he is a player that would be just as valuable to a team like Real. And thats how things have turned out. He looks a bit lost out there

FFP is now coming in to play my good man, don't think that brick will fly as much anymore - plus they've already spent a fair chunk this summer. they've just sold Higuain and probably need a striker more than anything else... spend 100m on Bale and could they buy that forward as well?

Bale to stay at Spurs, Suarez to Real at the end of the window - trust

Ginolius - wouldn't say that Levy/THFC leaking prices is unlikely in the slightest tbh

Back