• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

have to say i agree with indian here. Not the whole funny part but i find it a bit naive to think that 99% of footballers dont play the game for the same reason. fame, glory and bucket loads of cash.

again, all this stuff that steff is putting forward now are pretty much the similar to what i said to you steff in the past. but you made a guarantee that bale wasnt like that and wouldnt even come close to pulling a modric, or keane or berbatov or benteke...or any footballer in the world that wants to rise up when their stock is high. Am not sure why but the idea that only now that his head has been turned? why now? whats changed that has made his head turn that wasnt there in the beginning? or even before real made the vow to go in for him? he would have known about all the glitz and glamour prior no?

Not only Bale's head has changed. Look around you, did you see any comments like the ones being thrown around this board now, a month ago? The willingness to part with Bale has sneaked upon many, people are surrendering, can't take the hail storm of flimflam from the media any longer.

I still think he won't leave though.

i would hate to see him go but said it a million times 'one man dont make a team' if we got £100 million for Bale and bought 3 MORE players with the money, say we are getting Soldado, that would be 6 QUALITY signings and in my eyes a real chance to compete against the big boys, although keeping him AND making these signing would be much nicer.

Whatever happens, the saddest and most sordid bit of this latest escalation has been the fact that Gareth Bale is no longer the Bale we all 'knew' in a wider sense.
His 'innocence' so-to-speak has been eroded over the summer by Zidane and those arseholes.
He is now firmly caught up in the money-spinning eye-popping world of superstar footballer might and power.
Whereas he once almost blushed when compared to the Ronaldos and Messis of this world, he now genuinely believes it is his heir and right.

It was inevitable I suppose. No lad stays a 'lad' when blessed with that talent and unremitting spotlight, but I cannot help feel sorry for the fact that his head has forever been turned and we will never quite see as happy or a chipper a Bale in our shirt again, even if he is made to stay one more season.

I suppose any human being would crack under that sort of pressure...

Unfortunately, I agree with you on this. It is human nature. I really don't think any of us (if we were being honest with ourselves) would turn down the chance to join RM. I know the have acted like total plonk ears (as is their custom over a player they want eg Ronaldo , Modric etc) but we really can't compete with what they can offer.

I agree with all the stuff about Bale having his head turned. Let's face it his head started to turn as soon as he had that night in the San Siro. Every single big club in Europe stood up and took notice that night and didn't everyone (including Bale) know it?

However, I think if he doesn't get his move this summer, i honestly think he'll be fine next season. I actually think it makes sense to stay one more season for him and I think deep down he and his people know this. He's got a new-born, he's got a deal to be the face of BT Sport, he's been blasted all over times square in a Spurs shirt. Next summer, his kid will be a year old and they'll have settled down and got used to being parents.

He can have his big move next summer, hopefully after helping us into the CL and leaving us in a good position.

I think leaving Bale aside, for our purposes I think the fact that we are making these great signings this summer makes it even more vital that he stays. It's the whole fear factor and impression it gives. Last season Bale got on the ball and 3 or 4 of the opposition team would run at him to try and stop him. It was "if you stop Bale you stop Tottenham". Leaving Defoe/Adebayor unmarked at the back post? Oh well we'll take our chances, probably better that than not have 3 men on Bale.

Now though, 3 or 4 men run at Bale to stop him and suddenly you have 25 champions league goal Soldado unmarked - completely different ball game. You also have Chadli and Paulinho who are both good finishers by all accounts. Paulinho's late runs in the box will take runners with him from midfield giving Bale even more freedom to operate.

It's got to the stage of quality with our squad if we finalise Soldado that instead of "stop Bale and you stop Tottenham" mentality of teams, its more like *looks at Tottenham team-sheet* "oh balls we may as well give up from the 1st minute" which is the kind of attitude teams have when they go to the likes of Old Trafford and Emirates Marketing Project when opposition teams are practically defeated as soon as they walk onto the pitch.

Not only Bale's head has changed. Look around you, did you see any comments like the ones being thrown around this board now, a month ago? The willingness to part with Bale has sneaked upon many, people are surrendering, can't take the hail storm of flimflam from the media any longer.

I still think he won't leave though.

No backbone our supporters unfortunately - spend all sunner fretting over what Marca print and by the time the bid actually arrives they've given up any hope of keeping the player.

EXACTLY how Real want them to act

I agree with all the stuff about Bale having his head turned. Let's face it his head started to turn as soon as he had that night in the San Siro. Every single big club in Europe stood up and took notice that night and didn't everyone (including Bale) know it?

However, I think if he doesn't get his move this summer, i honestly think he'll be fine next season. I actually think it makes sense to stay one more season for him and I think deep down he and his people know this. He's got a new-born, he's got a deal to be the face of BT Sport, he's been blasted all over times square in a Spurs shirt. Next summer, his kid will be a year old and they'll have settled down and got used to being parents.

He can have his big move next summer, hopefully after helping us into the CL and leaving us in a good position.

I think leaving Bale aside, for our purposes I think the fact that we are making these great signings this summer makes it even more vital that he stays. It's the whole fear factor and impression it gives. Last season Bale got on the ball and 3 or 4 of the opposition team would run at him to try and stop him. It was "if you stop Bale you stop Tottenham". Leaving Defoe/Adebayor unmarked at the back post? Oh well we'll take our chances, probably better that than not have 3 men on Bale.

Now though, 3 or 4 men run at Bale to stop him and suddenly you have 25 champions league goal Soldado unmarked - completely different ball game. You also have Chadli and Paulinho who are both good finishers by all accounts. Paulinho's late runs in the box will take runners with him from midfield giving Bale even more freedom to operate.

It's got to the stage of quality with our squad if we finalise Soldado that instead of "stop Bale and you stop Tottenham" mentality of teams, its more like *looks at Tottenham team-sheet* "oh balls we may as well give up from the 1st minute" which is the kind of attitude teams have when they go to the likes of Old Trafford and Emirates Marketing Project when opposition teams are practically defeated as soon as they walk onto the pitch.

Great post, if we can get Soldado in, with Paulinho, Chadli (this one making Lennon step up his game) were 100% not a one man team like we were for the end part of last season

No backbone our supporters unfortunately - spend all sunner fretting over what Marca print and by the time the bid actually arrives they've given up any hope of keeping the player.

EXACTLY how Real want them to act

no, when the figures for Bale start to reach the 80 mill pound and above level, and the player might want to go, then everyone starts to think twice, club, management, fans.....

Man Utd had to sell Ronaldo, they are far bigger than us but even they had to take the player's wishes into account as well as how much money was on offer....this is crazy money, Bale is wonderful as a footballer but 80 mill pounds??? Even David Pleat who is very close to Levy has said figures like this makes everyone think again

am actually thinking now that we could come out ahead with this deal.

sell bale to madrid and take 3 of their player from the first team squad and 60 million in cash

job done. everyone wins

Problem is most of their players will be on wages we can't afford. In terms of players, if they offered us Ozil, Di Maria, and Coentrao plus cash for Bale then I'd snap their hand off BUT we can't afford to add that amount onto our wage bill imo.

Problem is most of their players will be on wages we can't afford. In terms of players, if they offered us Ozil, Di Maria, and Coentrao plus cash for Bale then I'd snap their hand off BUT we can't afford to add that amount onto our wage bill imo.

Özil would be enough on his own....he would add that creativity we are desperate for. Doubt he would come though

Has anyone noticed Tube posters this morning that seem to have changed? On the one that used to have RVP, Joe Hart and Bale, it's now got Alex Oxlade Chamberlain in Bale's position. Funny...

Still just don't see Bale leaving, whatever the price it makes no sense for us.

Only thing is, we need to get it all sorted that he is staying and ready to play before the season stars. No more Modric moping around for August and effectively leaving us to forfeit 2 or 3 games, which would then negate the good work we have done in sorting our transfer business early.

Still just don't see Bale leaving, whatever the price it makes no sense for us.

Only thing is, we need to get it all sorted that he is staying and ready to play before the season stars. No more Modric moping around for August and effectively leaving us to forfeit 2 or 3 games, which would then negate the good work we have done in sorting our transfer business early.

That always has me confused.

Why does it make no sense to us? Any player can be replaced and for the money we would be getting for him (if the press are to be believed) would buy 3 if not 4 players not only to replace him but for other positions we need to strengthen. Surely a stronger "all round" team is better than "a one man band".

Do I want to see him go, of course not, will he go, at some point of course he will no player stays anywhere forever (unless you're a muppet like Gerrard).

Why does it make no sense to us? Any player can be replaced and for the money we would be getting for him (if the press are to be believed) would buy 3 if not 4 players not only to replace him but for other positions we need to strengthen. Surely a stronger "all round" team is better than "a one man band".

Do I want to see him go, of course not, will he go, at some point of course he will no player stays anywhere forever (unless you're a muppet like Gerrard).

yeah but at least a muppet like Gerrard has won the CL, Uefa Cup, Fa cup, league cup, countless CL campaigns......bigger muppet Bale has fcuk all to show for his 6 year Tottenham career:(

There would be a value that makes sense, but you also have to look at who we would get in. We're currently getting in Soldado without selling Bale (whether it is before selling is a matter of opinion), so where would there be in our first eleven that we could actually improve on with that £100m, bearing in mind it's a one off payment and thus we won't want to raise our wage budget that much?

The players we need to sign to improve on the majority of our first eleven won't want to come to a non-champions league club without massive wages, i.e Emirates Marketing Project.

no, when the figures for Bale start to reach the 80 mill pound and above level, and the player might want to go, then everyone starts to think twice, club, management, fans.....

Man Utd had to sell Ronaldo, they are far bigger than us but even they had to take the player's wishes into account as well as how much money was on offer....this is crazy money, Bale is wonderful as a footballer but 80 mill pounds??? Even David Pleat who is very close to Levy has said figures like this makes everyone think again

That would hold weight if there had been an official bid of that amount or people hadn't changed their opinion from sell under no circumstance to ok enoughs enough lets sell

Let's not kid ourselves, if Real Madrid have or do bid £80m+ in cash you can't criticise Levy for selling provided a huge chunk of that is reinvested in the squad. It's crazy money, and between Baldini and AVB I have every confidence we would find a good replacement who is extremely talented, just a bit more raw than Bale and still have a load of cash left to spend. Life goes on....

I imagine if Bale left this summer, Levy would face some very awkward questions from the likes of Paulinho and AVB, both of whom were convinced that Bale was staying and thus made their decisions on coming to/staying at the club based partly on that fact. Good luck to him trying to get new players in as well. I imagine star players will be queuing around the block to sign for Spurs once we explain to them how we gave up on our ambitions because there was too much money to turn down and how despite having a restrictive wage bill and a propensity for going back on our word when it comes to promises of players staying at the club (Berbatov and now Bale), we're still ambitious and want to compete at the top.

If we sell Bale now, we will both struggle to attract the caliber of players we want and lose a lot of our reputation in the football community as notoriously reluctant sellers. The fee doesn't matter here, it's the principle. Once Levy and the club have determined to hold on to a player (and communicated as much to the outside world, in this case via the end of season Chairman's letter), we must stand firm no matter what. Then, perhaps odious clubs like Madrid will be more cautious and respectful when approaching us the next time they see a player they impulsively decide they must have.

On the transfer rumor thread someone put pastore down as a possile replacement - he would be good.

If we were to sell Bale for x amount - who would we replace him with? Ill be honest - it would have to be a major signing an absolute major signing. I dont know of many players who could replace him (certainly not in terms of quality)

We could literally afford anyone (although wouldnt be prudent to spend the x amount on one player)

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is giving the 24-year-old the 'silent treatment' over Real Madrid's bid to sign him. (Daily Mirror)

Meanwhile, Levy has cut short his summer holiday to return to London to hold talks with Bale. (Daily Mail)

Do they even read their own paper?

Levy is not talking to Bale.. Whilst he's on holiday? Wow, that's really fudging surprising.

On the transfer rumor thread someone put pastore down as a possile replacement - he would be good.

If we were to sell Bale for x amount - who would we replace him with? Ill be honest - it would have to be a major signing an absolute major signing. I dont know of many players who could replace him (certainly not in terms of quality)

We could literally afford anyone (although wouldnt be prudent to spend the x amount on one player)

Well thats the thing, I dont think we could afford anyone, because of the wages...although I guess if they were prepared to break that structure for Bale maybe its possible - Im not convinced though.

Hence why I was saying I thought we'd probably sign a rawer version that Baldini is well known for doing, like a 20 year old Brazilian/Argentinian with ridiculous talent but is just a lot more unproven than Bale. I would have thought that was the more likely scenario...

Back