• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I believe that if he signs a contract extension it will be for around that figure (130k to 200k) and that's pretty obvious. If he does do that then it puts to rest the argument that we don't have the cash to pay these wages.

Weren't there rumours about other sponsors helping to fund Bale's wages to help keep him at Spurs? Wonder if these rumours have any truth in them.

I think we probably don't have the money overall to be paying these salaries willy nilly, but we understand the risk of letting such a talent go could cost us more in the long term.

I believe that if he signs a contract extension it will be for around that figure (130k to 200k) and that's pretty obvious. If he does do that then it puts to rest the argument that we don't have the cash to pay these wages.

Not really. If you're going to believe the media there you'd also believe the rumours that UA are going to cover the increase in wages.

Brazil and Irani ‏@sportsbreakfast 11m
Former Tottenham midfielder Tim Sherwood just told us on @sportsbreakfast that @GarethBale11 will 1 million % be at Spurs next season #THFC

Nice to see the club's employment policy is inclusive enough for us to help out the Care in the Community scheme.

Weren't there rumours about other sponsors helping to fund Bale's wages to help keep him at Spurs? Wonder if these rumours have any truth in them.

I think we probably don't have the money overall to be paying these salaries willy nilly, but we understand the risk of letting such a talent go could cost us more in the long term.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think we can pay these wages to a whole host of players but i sure think we have the cash to have two 100k plus earners in the squad. I certainly do not agree with the notion that we're a club that simply can't pay anywhere near these wages to players.

It's a balancing act really. Sell a few 40k plus players to bring in a 90k/100k player. Sell another two 45k plus players and bring in another 100k player. We've been selling deadwood that are comfortably on this wage for years but instead replace them with good players that are on a similar wage. How about this time when we sell/release our deadwood we save the wages on 2 big players that command big wages so we can really kick on.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think we can pay these wages to a whole host of players but i sure think we have the cash to have 2 100k plus earners in the squad. I certainly do not agree with the notion that we're a club that simply can't pay anywhere near these wages to players.

It's a balancing act really. Sell a few 40k plus players to bring in a 90k/100k player. Sell another two 45k plus players and bring in another 100k player. We've been selling deadwood that are comfortably on this wage for years but instead replace them with good players that are on a similar wage. How about this time when we sell/release our deadwood we save the wages on 2 big players that command big wages so we can really kick on.

But if you do that you end up with eleven good players and no squad. We don't really have that many deadwood players around any more..

Bentley? Well his wages should go to the new winger. Gomes? We need a new backup keeper really more suited to our tactics.

Gallas is imo the only deadwood that we don't need to directly replace.

But if you do that you end up with eleven good players and no squad. We don't really have that many deadwood players around any more..

Bentley? Well his wages should go to the new winger. Gomes? We need a new backup keeper really more suited to our tactics.

Khumalo
Gallas
Falque
Gomes
Bentley
Defoe
Adebayor
Assou-Ekotto
Parker
Huddlestone

Should all free up some room for:

Senior Striker
Young Striker
Left Back
Creative Midfielder
Wide Man

I don't agree with this at all.

Gomes, Gallas, Bentley and Ekotto (in no way do i think he's deadwood btw..i love him but AVB clearly doesn't) can all be sold without a replacement. What would you say their wages are? i'm guessing 200k total tbh.

Then there's Huddlestone and Livermore (lets say 50k combined) who can be let go with 1 coming in. 2 of Ade, Dempsey and Defoe (another 200k) can also be sold to be replaced by 2 strikers (a proven striker and a young understudy).

350k to 400l saved on wages to bring 3 players in...that's not hard imo.

Khumalo
Gallas
Falque
Gomes
Bentley
Defoe
Adebayor
Assou-Ekotto
Parker
Huddlestone

Should all free up some room for:

Senior Striker
Young Striker
Left Back
Creative Midfielder
Wide Man

Selling Parker and Huddlestone and only buying one midfielder would leave us short in the middle.

Bae => Left back
Ade => Striker
Defoe => Striker
Huddlestone => Creative mid
Parker => Midfield backup
Gomes => Goalkeeper backup
Bentley => Wide man
Falque => Not on that significant wages
Gallas => free to spend elsewhere.

Last edited:

I don't agree with this at all.

Gomes, Gallas, Bentley and Ekotto (in no way do i think he's deadwood btw..i love him but AVB clearly doesn't) can all be sold without a replacement. What would you say their wages are? i'm guessing 200k total tbh.

Then there's Huddlestone and Livermore (lets say 50k combined) who can be let go with 1 coming in. 2 of Ade, Dempsey and Defoe (another 200k) can also be sold to be replaced by 2 strikers (a proven striker and a young understudy).

How can you sell Bae without a replacement? That would leave us with one single left back which is a silly idea as this year showed.

Bentley is a wide player, we need a wide player as backup for RM, or a LM if you think townsend will be RM. Gomes? We need a new goalkeeper backup for Lloris.

Huddlestone? We need a new creative mid. Livermore? Not really on significant wages imo.

Two of Dempsey, Ade and Defoe for two players is one in one out.

Selling Parker and Huddlestone and only buying one midfielder would leave us short in the middle.

Bae => Left back
Ade => Striker
Defoe => Striker
Huddlestone => Creative mid
Parker => Midfield backup
Gomes => Goalkeeper beackup
Bentley => Wide man
Falque => Not on that significant wages
Gallas => free to spend elsewhere.

Huddlestone going means Carroll would take his place. A creative midfielder would see us change our style.

..........Creative midfielder...Dembele
.............................Sandro

would be our starting line up. Holtby, Carroll, Sigurdsson, Livermore would be the depth. In fact I could see AVB bringing in a senior creative midfielder in Moutinho mould and bringing in a younger one in Sergi Roberto or someone similar.

Huddlestone going means Carroll would take his place. A creative midfielder would see us change our style.

..........Creative midfielder...Dembele
.............................Sandro

would be our starting line up. Holtby, Carroll, Sigurdsson, Livermore would be the depth. In fact I could see AVB bringing in a senior creative midfielder in Moutinho mould and bringing in a younger one in Sergi Roberto or someone similar.

Carroll isn't ready yet, i'd much prefer him to be loaned out to get consistent first team football, than rot on our bench and not improve as a player.

None of the backups have the bite required to play Sandro's role.

Last edited:

Carroll isn't ready yet, i'd much prefer him to be loaned out to get consistent first team football, than rot on our bench and not improve as a player.

We'll have a lot of games next year, just like we had the season just gone.

Carroll should be starting Cup games and Europa League games. I understand sending them on loan is good because they get games but it doesn't always work. I mean Livermore was dogbrick on every loan he's been on, yet he's looked okay at times, he got started in Europa League games. Carroll has looked assured whenever he's played, if he's there to just be a Huddlestone replacement he's fine (considering Hudd is toss at times).

I don't see how rotting on the bench doesn't see him improve. He'll still be training with the first team and learning new things.

We'll have a lot of games next year, just like we had the season just gone.

Carroll should be starting Cup games and Europa League games. I understand sending them on loan is good because they get games but it doesn't always work. I mean Livermore was dogbrick on every loan he's been on, yet he's looked okay at times, he got started in Europa League games. Carroll has looked assured whenever he's played, if he's there to just be a Huddlestone replacement he's fine (considering Hudd is toss at times).

I don't see how rotting on the bench doesn't see him improve. He'll still be training with the first team and learning new things.

It doesn't see him improve because the thing that will improve him at his age is first team football. I don't see what new things he's going to learn on the coaching ground that he hasn't learnt this year.

He has looked assured, and looks like a good prospect. Sending them on loan doesn't always work, but it works better than keeping them in a squad in which they will get too few games.

It doesn't see him improve because the thing that will improve him at his age is first team football. I don't see what new things he's going to learn on the coaching ground that he hasn't learnt this year.

He has looked assured, and loos like a good prospect. Sending them on loan doesn't always work, but it works better than keeping them in a squad in which they will get too few games.

I can't see us sending him on loan. I mean if we wanted to surely we'd have done it the season just gone? I mean we sent him on loan the previous season to Derby and he was shafted out on the wing. Now it could have just been no one was interested in him but lets be realistic SOMEONE out there would have been.

How can you sell Bae without a replacement? That would leave us with one single left back which is a silly idea as this year showed.

Bentley is a wide player, we need a wide player as backup for RM, or a LM if you think townsend will be RM. Gomes? We need a new goalkeeper backup for Lloris.

Huddlestone? We need a new creative mid. Livermore? Not really on significant wages imo.

Two of Dempsey, Ade and Defoe for two players is one in one out.

You're seeing it from a very simplistic viewpoint imo (btw this is the 3rd time you've described something i've said as silly..i show you enough respect not to do that so please do the same).

A lot of our players can double up and can play in various positions. We don't need another lb if Rose is here as Vertonghen is good in that role, Naughton can play that role, and we don't know Fryers development stage. United don't really have a cover RB but they have Jones who can player there, Smalling who can play there.

You don't have to replace players like for like. If we stick with this 4-4-1-1 tactic and get rid of the players i listed and brought in 2 strikers and a creative left sided player that is able to play centrally we will be fine.

----------------------------------Lloris-----------------------------------
Friedel

Walker-------------Kaboul-------------Vertonghen----------------Rose
Naughton, Kaboul Dawson Caulker Vertonghen, Fryers

Lennon----------------Dembele------------------Sandro-------------------new creative mid
Townsend, Holtby new creative mid,holtby Parker Sigurdsson, Bale, Townsend

------------------------------------------Bale------------------------------------
Sigurdsson, Holtby

---------------------------------------------New Striker-------------------------------

Adebayor, new young striker

ffs it didn't post how i planned.

It's meant to read as:

2 option for back up RB = Naughton and Kaboul
2 back up cb's = Dawson and Caulker
3 options for back up LB = Vertonghen , Naughton, Fryers
2 option for RM = Townsend, Holtby
2 options for CM position (Dembele) = new creative mid, Holtby
1 option for Sandro = Parker
3 option for LM = Bale, Sig, Townsend
2 options for attacking mid = Sig, Holtby
2 options for striker = Ade , new

Last edited:

I know it's very early to say anything but Fryers looks terrible. I've watched him a few times now for the U21s and he just looks poor. Out of position continuously, lapses of concentration, he was diabolical in the U21 Final last night. But he must be good if we went through a great deal to eventually sign him! AVB knows more than me

I know it's very early to say anything but Fryers looks terrible. I've watched him a few times now for the U21s and he just looks poor. Out of position continuously, lapses of concentration, he was diabolical in the U21 Final last night. But he must be good if we went through a great deal to eventually sign him! AVB knows more than me

Sorry to bring this out again but I do find it funny. :ross:

fryerst2cbf.gif

Back