• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

AVB on Bale: 'There is a big possibility he is going to be able to make it for the Emirates Marketing Project game and he will only miss the next two games."

Not backing the journo, but I've done ankle ligaments before and knew within minutes. GB would have felt them rip. I was on crutches for a couple of weeks and couldn't run properly for about six weeks. Fingers crossed for Gareth and us!

Ankle ligaments depend if you've done them on that ankle before.

The first time can be 4-6 weeks, but subsequent ones 2 weeks.

There was some Ireland/Scotland player in the mid-90s who famously returned within a week from one during a WC/Euro tournament.

There was some Ireland/Scotland player in the mid-90s who famously returned within a week from one during a WC/Euro tournament.

Last time done my ankle ligaments it was second time and was out 7 weeks so not optimistic ..

Last time done my ankle ligaments it was second time and was out 7 weeks so not optimistic ..

Did you have world class treatment and are you a professional athlete? ;)

It could be anything but the fact he walked afterwards out if the ground is a bloody good sign.

Either way he ain't playing Sunday or next Thursday so we have to play someone else

Did you have world class treatment and are you a professional athlete? ;)

It could be anything but the fact he walked afterwards out if the ground is a bloody good sign.

Either way he ain't playing Sunday or next Thursday so we have to play someone else
I'm fairly fit ...
Just saying as had a couple ankle injurys .

Anyway 2 games is the very best we can hope for fingers crossed but until he's had a scan who knows ankles can be funny roll them even slightly can cause a lengthy lay off

Yup, put that in O/T. A friend of mine was telling me (he's also a coach and physio) that if it was an anlle he's done before, the ligament will have 'given' more. Hurt like hell but flexed and 'shocked' so-to-speak...personally I think we will be very very lucky if he's not out for the season.

Did you have to do anything else during the day other than doing physical therapy all-day to heal the ankle? Did you have dedicated medical staffs who could work on your ankle 24/7?

Did you have to do anything else during the day other than doing physical therapy all-day to heal the ankle? Did you have dedicated medical staffs who could work on your ankle 24/7?

what do you think bales missus would say to them working on bale while he is asleep?

mine gets annoyed if the dog jumps on the bed, would do her nut if the was a physio at the end of the bed working on my ankle.

what do you think bales missus would say to them working on bale while he is asleep?

mine gets annoyed if the dog jumps on the bed, would do her nut if the was a physio at the end of the bed working on my ankle.

Bale needs to take the spare room for a bit then. That's if he has the space in his house!!!!

I think from AVB's body language when talking to ITV he knows it's likely that we wont see Bale again this season. I think we should all assume this so that it's a bonus if he does return earlier.

Well, this will really test his squad management and coaching now; chance for him, some other Spurs players who've been underperforming and perhaps the fans as well to realy show what their made of.

COYS

She wouldn't mind considering the CL bonuses if we get in, a plausible new contract if Bale stays next year, and bigger transfer fee (and therefore her "cut") if we gets in the CL and he decides to leave.

I rolled my ankle badly when I was 18 and was back playing after about 10 weeks. Have rolled it several times since and it's normally sorted after a couple of weeks.

Cue a special oxygen tent just for his ankle, calves blood from a mad German doc, stem cell replacement from some private lab...

I imagine he'll miss Everton and Basel and will be rushed back for Emirates Marketing Project. I doubt he'll be 100% fit for the rest of the season (with games thick and fast) but I think he just wants to play football and will want to be playing for us. I do think the 2 and a half week rest for him now is good.

The injury to Tottenham's star man will be a huge worry for manager Andre Villas-Boas. Not least because Spurs have not won a game without a goal from their No 11 since New Years Day.

Fingers crossed the predictions of only two games out are correct - and that he will return 100% for the ManC game. Hopefully the rest of our players will step up and make sure we beat Everton; then everything we get from the Swiss will be a bonus.

I imagine he'll miss Everton and Basel and will be rushed back for Emirates Marketing Project. I doubt he'll be 100% fit for the rest of the season (with games thick and fast) but I think he just wants to play football and will want to be playing for us. I do think the 2 and a half week rest for him now is good.

Yep. THough if either Bale or Lennon were out for a month we would still have them for the final 4 games of the season so I would hope we use some common sense in getting them fit. If they were to also sit out the Man C game they would have 3.5 weeks before the Wigan game and then make they'd the last 5 games. If the meantime, if we could get 2-4 points from Everton and Man C we'd be on 59-61 and still have a reasonable chance of getting to the 70 points which would hopefully get 4th place.

I'm actaully as worried about Lennon as I am about Bale - we're so much worse without Lennon. Lennon's also had a couple injuries where he's only meant to be out for 2 weeks but misses two months; am a bit concerned that we've seen the last of him for the season

COuld really do with a stroke of luck on Sunday - player getting sent off for them, getting a dodgy penalty, goal going in off Ade's arse....anything to blag us a win

The injury to Tottenham's star man will be a huge worry for manager Andre Villas-Boas. Not least because Spurs have not won a game without a goal from their No 11 since New Years Day.

I wouldn't read to much into that, when was the last time Barca won a game without a goal from Messi

Back