• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I've done plenty of ankles in my time. I've rolled them worse than Bale's in that photo and been playing again in a couple weeks, and thats without the access to professional physio etc.

He'll just miss Everton is my bet.

I cant believe thats the one AVB was referring to. He wouldnt know how long Bale was out for 2 years ago
I don't think that is a quote from AVB. I think the quote ends after the word "been". The next sentence is from the journalist. It would be a very strange way to express himself from AVB.

I've done plenty of ankles in my time. I've rolled them worse than Bale's in that photo and been playing again in a couple weeks, and thats without the access to professional physio etc.

He'll just miss Everton is my bet.

He won be risked a Basle iMO if if anyway

I've done very similar rolls and I'm a big lump.

Bale is tough as old boots and will have the best treatment available

He won be risked a Basle iMO if if anyway

I've done very similar rolls and I'm a big lump.

Bale is tough as old boots and will have the best treatment available

Rolling your ankle can be quite random -

Done it a few times - once it completely tore my ligaments - others times it was just sore for a bit......

Richard Newman ‏@rich_newman

AVB: Bale has NOT gone to hospital. Hopes ankle injury not as bad as first looked. Estimates he'll miss two matches. #THFC #Spurs

Richard Newman ‏@rich_newman

AVB says almost no chance Bale will miss more than just a couple of games,almost certainly won't be out for rest of the season. #THFC #SPURS

Gary Jacob ‏@garyjacob

THFC Bale out for two games.

Gary Jacob is a journo for The Times

Honestly, don't go building up my hopes with these half rumours - I was mentally prepared for the announcement of his sad demise on the way to hospital.

Daily Mirror said that he left the ground with his leg in a splint :( and have a photo of his foot at right ankles to his leg :( :(

But the article was posted at 22:30, so it means that barely half hour after the game he's just hobbling home. Again, a good sign that it's possibly not that serious. I guess even footballers have to just get home and get ice on an injury sometime.

Wonder if they ever have to drive home whilst being too injured to change gear, like us amateurs?

Not backing the journo, but I've done ankle ligaments before and knew within minutes. GB would have felt them rip. I was on crutches for a couple of weeks and couldn't run properly for about six weeks. Fingers crossed for Gareth and us!

Back