• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Have we not had a penalty all season?!

Twitter / OptaJoe: 2 - Swansea and Tottenham are now the only clubs yet to be awarded a penalty in the Premier League this season. Wait.

Twitter / OptaJoe: 670 - It is 670 days since Tottenham were awarded a penalty in a Premier League home game (April 20 2011 v Arsenal). Wait.

Twitter / OptaJoe: 36 - Tottenham Hotspur haven't won a penalty in their last 36 Premier League matches at White Hart Lane. Time.

I know he has said he would like to play abroad, but that doesnt mean right now or even within the next couple of years. He is still young, he could fulfill this ambition in his late twenties without any problem

if he were to leave Tottenham, of course id want him to go abroad. However there are teams in the Premier League who have the money and power to also tempt him. I mean, if Man U came knocking with a massive offer for him as a player, dont you think he would be tempted??

If (when at some point) he goes, it will be abroad mate.

Twitter / OptaJoe: 12 - Gareth Bale is the first Tottenham player in Premier League history to score 12+ away goals in a single season. Exceptional. =D>

For Bales goal today and his late shot against the post it looked like he fired these off with almost no backlift. Keeper hardly moved on both occasions.
Is this a new string to his bow or have I just not noticed it until now?

For Bales goal today and his late shot against the post it looked like he fired these off with almost no backlift. Keeper hardly moved on both occasions.
Is this a new string to his bow or have I just not noticed it until now?

The lad practises, practises, practises, this is what I love about him so much, he is always working on his game

I love watching him play so much, its a privillege to have him in a Spurs shirt

I know he has said he would like to play abroad, but that doesnt mean right now or even within the next couple of years. He is still young, he could fulfill this ambition in his late twenties without any problem

if he were to leave Tottenham, of course id want him to go abroad. However there are teams in the Premier League who have the money and power to also tempt him. I mean, if Man U came knocking with a massive offer for him as a player, dont you think he would be tempted??

United couldn't afford him

Seven goals from outside the box so far this season, more than any other player in Europe's top five leagues!

tumblr_mkhh9vyakL1r1fq7do1_500.gif

what a beauty. going down as a classic goal this one!

Bale now has 22 goals and 12 assists in all competitions for Spurs this season giving him a combined total of 34.

Those goals and assists have come from 3,260 minutes played, giving him an average of a vital goal contribution for every 96 minutes he was on the pitch for.

Bale's goals & assists account for 23.29% of Tottenham's totals for the season so far...

P0227_zpsad4ae0ff.png

Tottenham Hotspur Detailed Player's Statistics 2012-13

Bale now has 22 goals and 12 assists in all competitions for Spurs this season giving him a combined total of 34.

Those goals and assists have come from 3,260 minutes played, giving him an average of a vital goal contribution for every 96 minutes he was on the pitch for.

Bale's goals & assists account for 23.29% of Tottenham's totals for the season so far...

Tottenham Hotspur Detailed Player's Statistics 2012-13

Will be disappointed if Bale doesn't score atleast 20 goals in the league. On current form, he is more than capable of doing that. Just hope he will keep up the momentum for the remaining 7 matches.

Twitter / OptaJoe: 12 - Gareth Bale is the first Tottenham player in Premier League history to score 12+ away goals in a single season. Exceptional. =D>

Wish Bale will score more goals at home. We really need to improve our home form. Losing 0-1 to Wigan and Fulham at home is really unacceptable !

Bale 'very happy' with Tottenham, says Wales legend Jones

The legendary Welshman believes his compatriot is content with life in north London despite reports linking him with Real Madrid

Former Tottenham and Wales favourite Cliff Jones believes Gareth Bale is "very happy" at White Hart Lane, and is confident he will remain at the club for the foreseeable future.

Jones was widely regarded as one of the finest left wingers in the game during his own time at Spurs, and played an integral role in their famous double-winning side of 1960-61, as well as the Welsh team that reached the quarter-finals at the 1958 World Cup.

The 78-year-old is confident that Spurs fans can hope to see a lot more of Bale in future, despite the star being heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid.

“Gareth is very happy with Tottenham,” Jones told the Hampstead and Highgate Express. “You can put him up there alongside the likes of [Lionel] Messi and [Cristiano] Ronaldo at the moment.

“He is very happy, not only in the football sense but with life as well.

“He is very content, he’s had a baby daughter and he is very happy with his family life. His girlfriend is a Welsh girl and they like to get down to Wales.

“Of course Gareth and everyone linked with the club wants to be in the Champions League and he wants to be playing football at the highest level, but I think he will be at Tottenham for a while yet.”

While admittedly impressed by Bale's eye-catching performances this season, Jones is also keen to highlight the contribution made by the rest of Andre Villas-Boas' team.

“For me Gareth has been the best player to watch this season in the Premier League – but there have been a number of key players for Tottenham,” he insisted.

“[Mousa] Dembele has been quite impressive and [Michael] Dawson has always been a terrific player. Sandro is another great competitor and it was a shame he got injured.

“He reminds me a little bit of Dave Mackay – total commitment with a will to win. That is important to have in the side and he’s got it in abundance.”

-------------------------

Wish Bale will score more goals at home. We really need to improve our home form. Losing 0-1 to Wigan and Fulham at home is really unacceptable !

Teams visiting White Hart Lane tend to park the bus much more than they would if they were playing at their own grounds, which probably explains why Bale has been more successful away from home.

Bale 'very happy' with Tottenham, says Wales legend Jones

The legendary Welshman believes his compatriot is content with life in north London despite reports linking him with Real Madrid

Former Tottenham and Wales favourite Cliff Jones believes Gareth Bale is "very happy" at White Hart Lane, and is confident he will remain at the club for the foreseeable future.

Jones was widely regarded as one of the finest left wingers in the game during his own time at Spurs, and played an integral role in their famous double-winning side of 1960-61, as well as the Welsh team that reached the quarter-finals at the 1958 World Cup.

The 78-year-old is confident that Spurs fans can hope to see a lot more of Bale in future, despite the star being heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid.

“Gareth is very happy with Tottenham,” Jones told the Hampstead and Highgate Express. “You can put him up there alongside the likes of [Lionel] Messi and [Cristiano] Ronaldo at the moment.

“He is very happy, not only in the football sense but with life as well.

“He is very content, he’s had a baby daughter and he is very happy with his family life. His girlfriend is a Welsh girl and they like to get down to Wales.

“Of course Gareth and everyone linked with the club wants to be in the Champions League and he wants to be playing football at the highest level, but I think he will be at Tottenham for a while yet.”

While admittedly impressed by Bale's eye-catching performances this season, Jones is also keen to highlight the contribution made by the rest of Andre Villas-Boas' team.

“For me Gareth has been the best player to watch this season in the Premier League – but there have been a number of key players for Tottenham,” he insisted.

“[Mousa] Dembele has been quite impressive and [Michael] Dawson has always been a terrific player. Sandro is another great competitor and it was a shame he got injured.

“He reminds me a little bit of Dave Mackay – total commitment with a will to win. That is important to have in the side and he’s got it in abundance.”

-------------------------

Great read, particularly on this dull bank holiday (where is the sun!!! aaargh!!!)

Cheers for posting

Is Bale a striker?

It seems as though the majority of fans and pundits agree that Bale should now be played centrally rather than on the left. But, weirdly, I haven't come across any real debate as to who should be playing alongisde him. The assumption seems to be that he needs to play alongside a striker - indeed, that seems to be AVB's opinion at least - but is it not true that he resembles a traditional number 9 at least as much as he does a traditional number 10? After all, this season he has scored more than twice as many goals as he has got assists, and is on track to break our record for top goalscorer in the Premier League.

So rather than playing him alongside a top goalscorer, should we be looking to play him alongisde a top creator? Rather than playing alonside Defoe or Adebayor, should he be playing alongisde Holtby or Sigurdsson?

Incidentally I think Berbatov would be his perfect partner, but perhaps that's another discussion for another time...

Re: Is Bale a striker?

I thought Berbatov when I read the title...

I would not be averse to having Ade as the right sided alternative to Bale in some game with a special man amongst them leading the line. I don't know if this would need to be a Berbatov type, a Benteke type or a Hernandez type though?

So:

------------Hernandez--------------
-----Bale----------------Ade--------

OR

------------Berbatov---------------
-----Bale----------------Ade--------

OR

-------------Benteke--------------
-----Bale----------------Ade-------

The top men identified are just types rather than my choice.

Re: Is Bale a striker?

I don't think Bale is a number 9 at all and wouldn't have the same success if played there. The majority of goals he scores are coming from a deeper position rather than finishing off a move in the box....

Back