• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

What are the chances of that happening accidentally?

Well, it's 26 x 26 x 26, so a one in 17,576 chance.

Bale's kid was always likely to have the 'B' so really its just 1 in 26 x 26 or 1 in 676.

I guess you could also say that there's a chance that the baby didnt have any middle names or had more than one middle name. Assuming 50% of people have just one middle name then it would make it a 1 in 1352 chance

So Defoe's quotes in the Guardian today suggest that Bale's baby does indeed have the initials AVB and it wasnt just twitter gonad*s. And I think that is hilarious and brilliant.

He isn't leaving for Madrid ffs, he's named his daughter after his favourite ever manager!

Never doubt Rossi.

Everyone and their aunt it seems believes that was a dive tonight.

Everyone except me.

It doesn't bother me that other fans slate him for it, it annoys me because it's one of the reasons why we have won ZERO penalties this season. Even when he is genuinely fouled like he was against Stoke, the ref won't give him the benefit of the doubt because of his previous. It was exactly the same with Ronaldo.

Not sure I agree with that Jurgen, if referees are not awarding us penalties for any other reason than, they didn't think it was a penalty, then they are the problem not the player. Referees are there to make decisions based on the discernible facts as they (and their assistants) see them. They are not supposed to second guess themselves or make adjustments because of reputatations or previous transgressions.

QPR defender Chris Samba (‏@cs4christsamba1) is left flabbergasted by Bale’s searing pace: “Bale just run past Kyle Walker like he was not there!”

Former Inter defender Marco Materazzi (@iomatrix23) wants to know how Bale moves so fast: “But is Bale helped by pedals?”

Just got back from the match, was it really a dive?

It was one of those where he had overrun the ball so made sure there was contact with the defender, to answer your question in a word, yes (can see why he tried it though, they get given every week)

FFS he was clearly caught by the defender. You can see the defender's leg coming across his thigh as well as a foot catching bale's ankle. I don't buy the suggestion bale deliberately left his leg out there to be caught either. Seems to me people are judging him on reputation alone.

Besides, Bale must know by now there's no point going down in the box, he's only ever going to get a booking and if he stays on his feet he has a much better chance of scoring.

I've watched several replays of the incident and insist, it was clear foul in the box by the defender, no question, and a stonewall penalty.

I don't think he had a hope in hell of catching the ball there so his decision was goal kick or go down and hope for a pen, I'm not criticising as that's exactly what I would have done

Sorry, if that was a dive then my name's Tom Daley. The referee seemed to be obsessed with simulation rather than looking for real fouls. The inter yellow card wasn't a dive either, Gallas was already running back to get into a position for an Inter free kick and also to get away before the referee produced a yellow card for him. Then at the end Bale goes down again, the referee immediately starts to run over to him, I'm sure to give another yellow card, then realises it's Bale and thinks better of it to avoid giving a red.

Really, it was a dive, without doubt, he's been unlucky with some of his cautions, most of which were: "Feel contact then fall over" type of dives - this is a pretty accepted part of modern football, but this was a "dive first, get a bit of contact on the way down" type of dive. That's just not on.

Someone needs to have a word with him, he needs to try and stay on his feet whenever possible, because he's never gonna get a penalty ever again anyway.

It's inconsistent refereeing.

Lennon was fouled the same way TWICE in a few minutes by Periera and both times he got the foul and Periera was booked on the second occasion.

Bale suspended for Inter return
March 7, 2013
By ESPN staff

Tottenham Hotspur will be without star man Gareth Bale against Inter Milan in the San Siro next week after he picked up his third booking of the Europa League season in the 3-0 first-leg win.

Bale was booked for diving by referee Antonio Mateu after going down in the box under a challenge from Walter Gargano in the first half. It was his sixth yellow card for simulation since December 31, 2011.

As Bale had already been booked against NK Maribor and Panathinaikos in the group stage he is therefore automatically suspended for the second leg.

It could have been worse with Bale spoken to by Mateu in injury time after again falling inside the area.

Despite the booking, Bale thought Tottenham were worthy winners after once again inspiring the north London club to victory. The Welshman scored the first, a rare header, in the fifth minute to take his tally to 11 goals in his last nine games and he set up Jan Vertonghen for the hosts' third after Sigurdsson had scored the second.

"We played well and set the tempo from first whistle,'' he told ITV. "We immediately made it difficult for them, it was a great performance and a worthy result to be honest. It's always nice to get a goal however it comes and I'm enjoying playing. It was a great performance and we take a great lead into the away leg with no away goals for them."

Bale famously scored a hat-trick at the San Siro when the two sides met in the Champions League in October 2010.

Meanwhile, manager Andre Villas-Boas believes Bale picking up the card was a positive for Spurs, if they are able to advance to the latter stages of the competition.

"It's difficult but with this result, if he hadn't have got the card, it would not have cleared him. We took a risk, obviously, but we have talent throughout the squad," he said.

"We have now allowed Gareth to clean his yellow cards and hopefully we can make it through [without him]."

-----------------------------------

Bale's yellow card and subsequent suspension from the return leg has really spoiled the mood despite the great win over Inter. Poor Bale was really affected by that yellow card. I am sure he was looking forward to go back to Inter, the place where he made his mark as a world class player. Wish the ref had show him some mercy. I think Bale will be really annoyed if we don't progress without him, despite leading the tie 3-0. Hope the other players will win the tie for Bale.

I didn't see the game, so can you post a link that shows the actual dive. On that link, all I see is a player cobbling into Bale. Thanks.

Serious question - shouldn't the defender also get booked for a dive then? I mean, if Bale dived, then there was no contact, then the defender had no reason to fall over either, no?

Too much is made of "contact". It's like that famous one where the Villa(?) keeper came out and for all but the final millisecond looked like he was going to clean Bale up. Same thing here, except here there is contact??

Back