• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

The only players to manage 5 game scoring streaks for Spurs are Keane, Sheringham and VdV with Chris Armstrong on 4. So I'm guessing that the stat which Rossi mentioned was meant to say that Bale is only the 5th Tottenham player in PL history to score in 4 consecutive games :-"

Ahh yes, what a super run that was!

When Harry Redknapp claimed only ‘a real dope’ could fail at Stamford Bridge, it was not, he insisted, a sly dig at Andre Villas-Boas.

Nor, apparently, was Redknapp referring specifically to the man who succeeded him at White Hart Lane when he spoke dismissively of managers who produce ‘70-page dossiers on this and that’.

Of course not.

However, a character named Paul Fletcher – once chief executive at Burnley – was referring *specifically to Tottenham’s current manager when recounting a job application from Villas-Boas that was ‘complicated’ and hard to ‘fathom’.

Poking fun at AVB has been pretty much routine since the moment he returned to this land as manager of Chelsea.

Few are laughing now. Laughing with him, possibly. Laughing at him, not any more.

There is a feelgood factor at Tottenham right now that filters down from Villas-Boas. It helps to have a player who can do no wrong.

Such is our nature, though, that any analysis of Gareth Bale’s majesty carries a rider... it is only a matter of time before he moves to a bigger club?

But why would Bale leave Spurs? And, maybe more crucially, why would he leave AVB?

The dynamic between coach and the team’s outstanding player is the most crucial relationship at a football club.

Think how it was between Pep Guardiola and Lionel Messi or Arsene Wenger and Thierry Henry.

Brilliant players shine regardless of who is in charge but with the right management, their brilliance can shine even brighter. That was certainly the case for Messi under Guardiola and Henry under Wenger. And it is shaping up to be the case for Bale under Villas-Boas.

Quite rightly, Redknapp takes a chunk of the credit for developing Bale. It took him a while to use the Welshman in a more advanced role and a footballer whose value must now exceed £50m was – during Redknapp’s tenure – offered to West Ham for £3m.

Bale was also close to being sent on loan to a Championship club.

Harry got there in the end, but Bale is now flourishing even more spectacularly under Villas-Boas.

And the significance of Bale’s celebratory charge into the arms of his manager at Upton Park last Monday cannot be overstated.

Quite clearly, Bale has connected with a manager whose speciality was previously perceived to be the alienation of players. Suppose Bale chose to go to Real Madrid – one of the small knot of clubs considered to be far more attractive than Tottenham?

He would not know who was going to be manager from one season to the next. They have had eleven in the past ten years.

Apparently, the Nou Camp is also an option. But while Barcelona – despite the mountainous task ahead of them in the Champions League this season – remains the world’s finest club side, it has not been an easy place for big signings to settle in recent times.

Henry, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, David Villa, Cesc Fabregas – all had, or are having, issues after making high-profile moves to Barcelona.

And it is hard to see how Bale would fit into Barcelona’s established style.

Most likely, they would earmark him for the role of an ultra-adventurous left-back – and that would be a regression for Bale.

Right now, the free role Villas-Boas has created for him is producing stunning results.

No wonder Bale – unlike Luka Modric before him – is not having his head turned by the *superpower interest.

It is a shamelessly idealistic thought, but maybe Bale believes he can actually help make *Tottenham a superpower.

Maybe he will hang around to see if the owners really do have the grand ambitions we occasionally hear about.

And maybe – in Andre Villas-Boas – he has found the perfect managerial complement to his soaring talent.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/andy-dunn-column-avb-best-1740458

bale would leave spurs and avb to further his career and earn more money. not really hard to see is it?

only someone hoping that he doesnt leave wouldnt see this

plus it says something about a man that doesnt pursue a particular course just because others have failed in it. bale would pretty much have a starting role at both real madrid and barca. as long as they dont hang their hat for him to defend then he will be more than fine...and he would succeed...lets get real here

My eyes have seen the glory of the goals of gareth bale
My eyes have seen the glory of the goals of gareth bale
My eyes have seen the glory of the goals of gareth bale and the spurs go marchinnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggg onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

bale would leave spurs and avb to further his career and earn more money. not really hard to see is it?

only someone hoping that he doesnt leave wouldnt see this

plus it says something about a man that doesnt pursue a particular course just because others have failed in it. bale would pretty much have a starting role at both real madrid and barca. as long as they dont hang their hat for him to defend then he will be more than fine...and he would succeed...lets get real here

I'm not sure, I reckon more and more players must be seeing that it isn't always rosey when moving to a perceived bigger club, and it's actually more of a risk than first appears to give up a good thing.

If Bale sees we will build the side around him and let him perform like he is now, and we strengthen our squad, we will be challenging at the top of the league and he won't need to leave. He can always try Spain in a few years when he's established himself and he's had more experience, so it isn't as much of a risk of not working out because he's already proved beyond any doubt how good he is.

That said, if Real sell Ronaldo, Bale is the direct replacement and I don't think he'd turn that down. He would have the team built around him unlike Modric and will earn more money. But that may not be for a few years yet.

article-2287437-186A3353000005DC-596_634x436.jpg

article-2287437-186A3206000005DC-876_634x315.jpg

Since he's not black I suppose it's okay...

I'm so glad the two Spurs who got the most stick from their ****ish fans scored the two goals.

Where Wheelchair and Walcott playing today?

Brilliant finished from him yesterday. Just so cool the way he dinked it past their goalie, it was a massive chance of course, but he made it look even easier than it was.

Brilliant finished from him yesterday. Just so cool the way he dinked it past their goalie, it was a massive chance of course, but he made it look even easier than it was.

That finish oozed confidence a long, long way!
He knew he would score, and he did so with a ****y finish.
This is what going on a great goalscoring run can do to a player.

That finish oozed confidence a long, long way!
He knew he would score, and he did so with a ****y finish.
This is what going on a great goalscoring run can do to a player.

Part of it is confidence for sure, but I think he genuinely is a very good finisher one on one. He's missed a couple recently with the ball bouncing in front of him, having to take volleys etc, but one on one with time to take a touch he seems very cool every time.

I imagine with him being moved more centrally giving him more chances to run though the middle he will get himself into more of those situations.

Part of it is confidence for sure, but I think he genuinely is a very good finisher one on one. He's missed a couple recently with the ball bouncing in front of him, having to take volleys etc, but one on one with time to take a touch he seems very cool every time.

I imagine with him being moved more centrally giving him more chances to run though the middle he will get himself into more of those situations.

I agree he is a great finisher, but to just slot the ball home like that, with the outside of your foot, is not something you do when you're low on confidence. Then you try the simple things, even if you are capable of pulling off more difficult moves.

This finish, his free kicks from all angles and distances, and the ridiculously ambitious overhead kick attempt from a few games back, shows to me that he's really riding his confidence at the moment!

His level of recent form is such that when he got that chance I just knew he would score, no doubts what so ever.

Back