• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

It is clear that Bale was not trying to gain an unfair advantage, simply taking evasive action. Better that than having a player with a broken leg.

Yes, he was - he only 'fell' when he was past Agger and his body motion insinuated he's been tackled, not jumping out of the way

I have seen Messi go to ground/dive on several occasions. So do all skillful players used to taking a beating. Part of the game. Last time I looked, to take evasive action was not a crime. Simulation for the sake of gaining an unfair advantage is a football crime however. It is clear that Bale was not trying to gain an unfair advantage, simply taking evasive action. Better that than having a player with a broken leg.
I agree with that, except that I think Bale was simulating. He was going to ground without contact looking for a freekick. He is very prone to writhing around in injury when nothing is wrong at all.

Last edited:
These are the exact same arguments Man U fans were pedalling when Ronaldo was doing it - he was 'protecting' himself. Yet he was lambasted on this board numerous times and called names of all sorts.

Why is it now all of a sudden 'ok' if one of ours does it?

It means that after just four months of 3rd in the league our fans now seem to think it's OK to dive to gain an illegal advantage, just because 'everyone else does it'. I'm just not buying the 'he was avoiding injury' line at all; I thought at first he was diving out of the way of a lunge, but he's gone past Agger before going over and appealing for a foul. It's not nice at all, but nor is the reaction of some of our fans.

Would you like a video link too? How many times have you seen the incident? And it is Johnson he's running against with Agger coming ACROSS at him...he goes over because he side-steps, WHILST RUNNING AT FULL-PELT, a challenge which Agger motions to throw in. Bale skips out of the way and then falls. I'm willing to bet he skipped aside to avoid a twitting like the one he later got from Skrtel. And had earlier received from Skrtel. But again, you appear to have made your mind up, so fair enough, I would just ask you not to judge people who view the situation differently.

It means that after just four months of 3rd in the league our fans now seem to think it's OK to dive to gain an illegal advantage, just because 'everyone else does it'. I'm just not buying the 'he was avoiding injury' line at all; I thought at first he was diving out of the way of a lunge, but he's gone past Agger before going over and appealing for a foul. It's not nice at all, but nor is the reaction of some of our fans.

When was the last time you saw someone hurtling towards you with their leg outstretched as if to take you out? It is all very well analysing the thing frame by frame but in the heat of a very dirty game when tackles are flying in on him it is not unreasonable to expect the same thing from this tackle. The fact that Agger pulled out at the last minute should have no bearing. It was clearly his intent that was malevelant and should have been punished.

These are the exact same arguments Man U fans were pedalling when Ronaldo was doing it - he was 'protecting' himself. Yet he was lambasted on this board numerous times and called names of all sorts.

I heard the same brick about Hoddle too...and that was back when he still dominated games despite getting ten shades kicked out of him...funny you raise the Ronaldo issue, I always felt that we had not seen a player of his speed, skill and size in the Premiership before, and as such were too quick to judge what looked like plain 'diving'...again, I have to ask, do you and others with your opinion play/have you played mate?

There is a major differnce between cheating and taking evasive action. If you cant see it then I cant explain it to you any more clearly

I do play and have played. There is nothing wrong from jumping out of malicious tackles, he simply made it look as if Agger had caught him and fell to the ground.

Ronaldo was a cut above the rest, granted but there were numerous instances where he went to groung waaaaay too easily. I don't want this kind of rubbish associated with our special player who can be one of the biggest names in football for the next 10 years.

I heard the same brick about Hoddle too...and that was back when he still dominated games despite getting ten shades kicked out of him...funny you raise the Ronaldo issue, I always felt that we had not seen a player of his speed, skill and size in the Premiership before, and as such were too quick to judge what looked like plain 'diving'...again, I have to ask, do you and others with your opinion play/have you played mate?

Totally agree THFC. It would seem those that cant see it cant have played football at a reasonable level - or they were cloggers rather than cloggees!

lets allow Bale to decide how he wants to play the game. Whats the point in his own fans berating him. He must have his own reasons for choosing to dive when tackled or is about to be tackled. It really isnt a serious crime is it, come on, he didnt stamp on anyones head, he didnt try and end a players career with a over the top tackle, he didnt racially abuse the opposition

nobody is perfect

lets allow Bale to decide how he wants to play the game. Whats the point in his own fans berating him. He must have his own reasons for choosing to dive when tackled or is about to be tackled. It really isnt a serious crime is it, come on, he didnt stamp on anyones head, he didnt try and end a players career with a over the top tackle, he didnt racially abuse the opposition

nobody is perfect

Unbelievable

maybe that was you and others that think like you. Fair enough that now you take the same stance over Bale

but like i said, be careful what you wish for. If bale starts to stand his ground because its the 'proper' thing to do, dont be surprised if sometime in the future someone smashes into his ankle or knee and Bale gets familiar with the treatment room once again

Yes, and Bale did the former. Second time this season, mind you

do you really want to hound out our best player on the basis he takes evasive action to protect himself. Would you rather watch Agger, Skertl, Adam and the like who simply destroy rather than entertain. You are really naive to criticise what you cant possibly know to be the case.

tumblr_lz0atwxHJD1r8fm3eo1_500.gif

He steps around him then dives forward. There's no leap out of the way, no attempt to keep running beyond Agger, absolutely no contact. It's a dive, and if it had been Suarez and Dawson then there would be no argument on here that Suarez is a dirty cheating cnut.

By the way, Steff, my Man U/Arsenal fans comment was based on IndianSpur's comments that diving was OK as long as it helped Spurs win games, which I simply cannot agree with.

do you really want to hound out our best player on the basis he takes evasive action to protect himself.

As I already said - nothing wrong with him protecting himself. Simply in this instance he didn't do any of that simply fell to the ground as the video below again clearly illustrates.

tumblr_lz0atwxHJD1r8fm3eo1_500.gif

He steps around him then dives forward. There's no leap out of the way, no attempt to keep running beyond Agger, absolutely no contact. It's a dive, and if it had been Suarez and Dawson then there would be no argument on here that Suarez is a dirty cheating cnut.

By the way, Steff, my Man U/Arsenal fans comment was based on IndianSpur's comments that diving was OK as long as it helped Spurs win games, which I simply cannot agree with.

What the xlip doesnt show is Agger thundering across the pitch at 100 miles an hour with a malevelent intent. In those circumstances t is not unreasonable to take evasive action.

why?:D isnt that what you want from our players, to be perfect holier than thou footballers who win the league in the purest and most innocent of ways?

No, I simply don't want them to cheat, dive and attempt to gain unfair advantage from the game. Besides bringing the game into disrepute it also certainly isn't the Tottenham way. Don't give a fcuk if they go to church or Sunday or smoke zol.

I do play and have played. There is nothing wrong from jumping out of malicious tackles, he simply made it look as if Agger had caught him and fell to the ground.

Ronaldo was a cut above the rest, granted but there were numerous instances where he went to groung waaaaay too easily. I don't want this kind of rubbish associated with our special player who can be one of the biggest names in football for the next 10 years.

I'm sorry, I'm calling you out on this because it's gonad*s IMHO! I'll state what I saw again and leave it at that.
He did NOT make it look like Agger had caught him, he fell, he looked up and asked for some protection HAVING BEEN TARGETED THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE GAME! Did he touch his leg and motion? No. Did he try to get Agger booked by waving a card? No. To my eyes, he simply said 'how many fudging times am I going to have to either get tacoted or have to make sure I don't get twitted before you do something?'
IF it's a difference of opinion, fair enough, but if you keep on telling me I'm wrong and what you saw was right, then I suppose this will go on and on.

Back