• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Breaking our wage budget for Bale would be interesting, certainly the best case that could possibly be made for us doing it would be him. Certainly a much better case than signing a new player.

First off, we will have an increased budget next year, the TV deal has gone up, I think we'll continue to grow our revenue and we're doing better in the EL already. We could funnel some of that money in Bale's direction.

He has 3 years left on his contract, the difference in his value this summer and a year from then is likely going to be small. We can afford to wait. By then we will hopefully have the stadium started and that might also help secure some extra revenue.

Bale himself seems happy enough with staying for now.

I think one option will be to give him a heavily results based bonus type contract. Say we can afford 100k p/w, but then we add a bonus of £3-5m if we get into the CL.

Breaking our wage budget for Bale would be interesting, certainly the best case that could possibly be made for us doing it would be him. Certainly a much better case than signing a new player.

First off, we will have an increased budget next year, the TV deal has gone up, I think we'll continue to grow our revenue and we're doing better in the EL already. We could funnel some of that money in Bale's direction.

He has 3 years left on his contract, the difference in his value this summer and a year from then is likely going to be small. We can afford to wait. By then we will hopefully have the stadium started and that might also help secure some extra revenue.

Bale himself seems happy enough with staying for now.

I think one option will be to give him a heavily results based bonus type contract. Say we can afford 100k p/w, but then we add a bonus of £3-5m if we get into the CL.

I think it would be quite large actually and not small. I doubt we would get 60m if he had two years left on his contract. However I think if Bale did decide to stay he would sign that contract extension - he strikes me as that type of guy that has a lot of respect for us for helping him become the player he is. He would never have been as good had he gone to Manure instead of us.

The wages deficit between what Bale should earn and what we can afford can be offset by just giving him a lump sum - akin to the Ade situation.

Bale is just too good that we cant just not give him that extra £1m - £2m next season - especially considering a) if we are in CL and b) the new TV deal allocations

i don't think CL or higher wages alone will be enough, if we are going to keep hold of this calibre player we will need to start fighting for the title properly as well

i don't think CL or higher wages alone will be enough, if we are going to keep hold of this calibre player we will need to start fighting for the title properly as well

The title is there next season - I think but it depends on how much Levy wants it and how much we are and can be prepared to pay. I think three top quality players and we can challenge for the title. We need to make signings this summer that shows we mean business.

I dont want us to be so reliant on Bale next season

Well, that's Bale done as a left winger/midfielder now, after that second goal. Looks like AVBs sandpapering of a square peg might just work!

i dont actually see it sandpapering personally

i remember back in the day , there was a point that people kept on making that if we moved bale into a central position then who would provide the crosses...or that the whole team would be out of balance

that point never made sense to me........ if you shift pieces into positions where they can actually contribute and make a team greater than the sum of its parts, then why not?

how much of a sandpapering really is it to put a footballer into a position where he can score more goals and possibly assist more as well? when in fact he is actually good at doing that anyway

you have to wonder what kind of team we would look like today if we could hold on to our best players.

having said that..its the sale of them that sometimes allows us to get the other guy

We circulate great players around the team but never have them all at once. I just feel sorry for the guy we replace Bale with.

certainly isnt berbatov. of that i am certain

either modric or bale

How come? Berbatov is and certainly was for us an absolute genius who made Keane look practically world class. I have never seen another Spurs striker play to anywhere near his level in the PL....

you have to wonder what kind of team we would look like today if we could hold on to our best players.

having said that..its the sale of them that sometimes allows us to get the other guy

Well we sold Berbatov and never replaced him, we sold Modric and haven't replaced his yet. We really do need these to positions resolved, a top striker and a playmaker would see us take massive steps towards a title challenging team instead of top 4 contenders....

Would not surprise me if he has a champions league pay rise in his contract.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk HD

Bale is Spurs' greatest ever Premier League player. Discuss.

Really difficult to argue with that. Don't think there has been any other Spurs player to be rated so highly by the media, pundits, players, non-Spurs fans and other teams ! And he is only 23. And he is now our top scorer with 15 goals in all competitions. Won't be surprised if he is voted player of the year by PFA or FWA. I think he has been one of the best players in PL this season along with RVP and Suarez.

Ofcourse, when he is in such a great form, you have to be worried about him being linked with the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona. But his value should go skyhigh due to that as well, making him beyond the reach of even Real and Barcelona. Levy will be an idiot if he doesn't make use of Bale's form to put a price tag of atleast 60m on him now.

Really difficult to argue with that. Don't think there has been any other Spurs player to be rated so highly by the media, pundits, players, non-Spurs fans and other teams ! And he is only 23. And he is now our top scorer with 15 goals in all competitions. Won't be surprised if he is voted player of the year by PFA or FWA. I think he has been one of the best players in PL this season along with RVP and Suarez.

Ofcourse, when he is in such a great form, you have to be worried about him being linked with the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona. But his value should go skyhigh due to that as well, making him beyond the reach of even Real and Barcelona. Levy will be an idiot if he doesn't make use of Bale's form to put a price tag of atleast 60m on him now.
I don't think he'll get player of the year, that gets voted for around now funny enough.

I don't think he'll get player of the year, that gets voted for around now funny enough.

Why not ? Bale also won the PFA award in 2011 ! And he has been much more consistent and better this season ! Looking at the obsession about Bale among the media and fans, will be surprised if he doesn't win atleast one of those. I am sure they would want to reward him just to stop him from leaving PL.

Also remember when Ginola was voted double Player Of The Year by PFA and FWA in 1999 ? That despite playing in a mid table team like us ! I think ManU and Ferguson are still feeling sore about that.:lol:

Back