• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Well we all know they are deluded. Nothing surprises me when it comes to LFC fans.

Clubs all have a section of deluded fans, but LFC seem to have more than any other club I know, its ridiculous

I love following Rawk Meltdown and Liverfool and twitter, the funny stuff they post from LFC fans is amusing

Sterling has a long way to go, questions about his mentality too given his low sense of morals. And what has he done of note so far? As for Whotinho???? Come back when you have contributed match winning Champions League performances.

Anyway if they would rather have their outstanding young talents rather than the veteran Gareth Bale, good for them. Though its not as if they were ever in any danger of tempting him away, unless he is serious about fighting for an almost-Europa-league place. Like Leeds and Forest, once were great, now small fry.

Sterling has a long way to go, questions about his mentality too given his low sense of morals. And what has he done of note so far? As for Whotinho???? Come back when you have contributed match winning Champions League performances.

Anyway if they would rather have their outstanding young talents rather than the veteran Gareth Bale, good for them. Though its not as if they were ever in any danger of tempting him away, unless he is serious about fighting for an almost-Europa-league place. Like Leeds and Forest, once were great, now small fry.
Coutinho destroyed us with his passing and dribbling in the first Leg at inter, however that Idiot Rafa kept him on the bench. Other than Etoo he was their best player against us in the San Siro.

8259260.jpg

Monkey-faced assassin !:lol:=D>

Apologies if this has been discussed on this thread recently but, are there people on here that would still argue that Bale has to stay on the left?

Apologies if this has been discussed on this thread recently but, are there people on here that would still argue that Bale has to stay on the left?

Chaps, read this article here. Good idea of how we could possibly utilise Bale.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/12/03/introducing-the-central-winger/

I would love to see this formation at one point

====LW=========Bale=========Lennon

===Holtby======Sandro======Dembele

With someone on the left in the ilk of Muniain or isco.

Jamie Redknapp says Gareth Bale can be as good as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo

Jamie Redknapp believes Gareth Bale should now be spoken about in the same breath as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Tottenham winger was at his scintillating best in the Super Sunday victory over West Brom, with his explosive 67th-minute strike - his 12th of the season - proving to be the matchwinner at The Hawthorns.

Sky Sports expert Redknapp was left purring over his all-round display at the end of the game and says the Welshman, who turns 23 next July, is set to become one of the most important players in world football.

"It felt like it was West Brom against Gareth Bale today," he said.

"Every time he got the ball he did something productive. He went forward with the ball and there was a little bit of showboating, but he ran into areas, he was winning tackles at times and was brave as well. I just feel he's a different class and it's like he's got three lungs because he's so incredibly fit.

"He's worth the entrance fee. If you'd gone there as a neutral you'd have got value for money watching him play. He was absolutely world class.

"I'd put him up there with the Ronaldos and Messis of this world. There's no two ways about it, he's going to be anything he wants in the next few years.

"He's 22 years of age, he scores goals, he's great in the air and he's a fantastic athlete. There aren't any weaknesses there."

Disgraceful
But while Redknapp was full of praise for the Tottenham man, he was rather less effusive in his comments about West Brom defender Goran Popov.

"I'd put him up there with the Ronaldos and Messis of this world. There's no two ways about it, he's going to be anything he wants in the next few years."

The full-back was shown a red card shortly after half-time for spitting at Kyle Walker and the Sky Sports expert says his team-mates will be furious with him for an act that put them at a huge disadvantage.

"It's disgraceful," Redknapp said.

"He's let his team-mates down and he's let himself down. How can you condone what he's done?

"At that stage I'm sure Steve Clarke was delighted with how they'd done. It was 0-0 and things were fine - and he decided to do that.

"Mark Clattenburg did really well in that he saw it and acted on it really quickly. It was completely wrong and scandalous and you don't do things like that.

"He deserves to be fined for that and whatever comes his way. He'll get three games for the red card and more than that he's cost his team by doing such a silly act.

"His team-mates had to run around for the next 35 minutes chasing Gareth Bale. I hope he goes in and apologises to them because he let everybody down."

----------------------

Redknapp must be obsessed with Bale. Bale as good as Ronaldo and Messi already ?:lol:

Last edited:

Anyone else see WBA's combo on him? Reid with the forearm smash (complete with gritted raging face), some other cant combine harvestering his legs from behind. No foul!

Great question...I know there are those who disagree with me, but I feel Bale has been coached much better this season, especially when it comes to matters of when to come inside and not. These days, because the whole team works together, when he comes inside there is generally some width to counter and also proper space for him to drift into/sit in. I think we will see Ekotto's return as vital and productive for precisely this reason, and I'd venture to say that given the last two games have seen him take inside space and produce absolute corkers, perhaps Benny pushing up as a wing-back when we go forward (along with Lennon obviously on the right) gives him that extra yard of space to operate in? I might be over-analysing, but it seems that now, whether he's coming in from the right or is simply drifting in the hole, with Benny on the left and Lennon on the right, he gets an extra yard of space...

He plays on the left, he plays on the left, or er no he doesn't

at least we don't have to hear that chant anymore, used to irritate me big-time

mind you Pleat was at it on the commentary i heard

he kept saying after Popv got sent off, Bale should stick wide getc chalk on his boots, blah blah

happily Bale and AVB know a lot more about Bale than he does

the match winning goal came from a central position by Bale

I can't remember if Pleat held his hands after that, i was making too much noise for the rest of the game, singing and stuff :)

Great question...I know there are those who disagree with me, but I feel Bale has been coached much better this season, especially when it comes to matters of when to come inside and not. These days, because the whole team works together, when he comes inside there is generally some width to counter and also proper space for him to drift into/sit in. I think we will see Ekotto's return as vital and productive for precisely this reason, and I'd venture to say that given the last two games have seen him take inside space and produce absolute corkers, perhaps Benny pushing up as a wing-back when we go forward (along with Lennon obviously on the right) gives him that extra yard of space to operate in? I might be over-analysing, but it seems that now, whether he's coming in from the right or is simply drifting in the hole, with Benny on the left and Lennon on the right, he gets an extra yard of space...

He's definitely improved this season. How much is coaching and how much is him maturing as a player and him coming back into form, I do not know. The fact that Lennon has also improved this season and is also keener to come in field, suggest that you are probably right and that it is the result of coaching.

He's definitely improved this season. How much is coaching and how much is him maturing as a player and him coming back into form, I do not know. The fact that Lennon has also improved this season and is also keener to come in field, suggest that you are probably right and that it is the result of coaching.

I'd say he has also matured, of course...but the whole side has improved tactically. It's my main hope that perhaps Bale will stay one more year if we finish top 4...

It is incredible that he's still only 23.
That means he'll probably still get better.

I hope we improve enough as a team, so that we can keep him for a few more seasons before he departs to Spain. He's a very special player.

I still think he is better on the left however he isnt as effective at the moment because we have no one up front to finish off the crosses and chances that he creates. Lets be honest a winger's effectiveness is only as good as the strikers he plays with and at the moment they are not performing (or arent here).

So yes Bale is, at the moment, far more effective on the inside and roaming around but I would argue that he is better on the left. Having said that he has been able to change his game and I wouldnt put it down to just this season because in previous seasons i.e. Harry tried to help him by allowing him to play in various positions and become accustomed to those positions. The improvement started a while ago and not just this season - it is just that this season it is bearing fruit.

The guy is an absolute world beater and he is at the moment up there along with Messi and Ronaldo - not equal to them (theyre both still better than him) but as prominent players in football.

Whilst it is only a matter of time before he goes to Real - I am hoping that seeing the likes of Modric play a bit part in that team will make him rethink twice about leaving in the next season or two. I also think we will help his decision making if we get CL football. He deserves CL football.

You really have to lol at Liverplol. Deluded, scummy match fixing tossers. Who are nothing but a mid table team now lol.

Back