• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini

Has Franco Baldini been sacked already?

Correct me if I'm wrong but since AVB got the sack I've not seen Franco Baldini. He never seems to be in the Directors Box at games any more.

Do you think he's been given the elbow but the club just hasn't told us yet?

Has anyone seen him recently?

Re: Has Franco Baldini been sacked already?

He's still counting his cut of the money he got when we bought Lamela off Roma.

Money from old rope as they say......

Hopefully very busy trying to tie up a deal with our new manager.

I'd rather he was sitting in the directors' boxes at Boca Juniors, River Plate, Corinthians, Sao Paulo, Sociedad, Feyenoord and Partizan etc. at a weekend, like his job entails.

The whole point of a DoF is that he can be dedicated full-time to that kind of stuff.

I'd rather he was sitting in the directors' boxes at Boca Juniors, River Plate, Corinthians, Sao Paulo, Sociedad, Feyenoord and Partizan etc. at a weekend, like his job entails.

The whole point of a DoF is that he can be dedicated full-time to that kind of stuff.

"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time."

Sun Tzu

how many signings have done really well this season.....Ozil 42 mill??? really?? had Baldini and Spurs made the signing imagine the flak. Willian 35 mill, how many goals assists and match winning performances has he made. Jovetic at 24 mill has flopped, Fernandinho 22 mill has had good moments but has really lived up to the hype. Navas the same and he cost 17 mill. Mata is struggling at Man utd, he looks nothing like the player he was at Chelsea in the last 2 years. Sakho cost Liverpool over 17 mill and he doesnt even get in the side. Felliani 25 mill :ross: i mean come on. Its been a strange time for big signings at many clubs

Navas has been pretty good from what I have seen. Willian has been OK too, but you are right about the others though.

Navas has been pretty good from what I have seen. Willian has been OK too, but you are right about the others though.

yeah, but Willian cost 35 mill and Eriksen cost us 12 mill. Both have had a similar impact imo so id say we did a very good deal in getting Eriksen after missing out on Willian. He is younger, cost a hell of a lot less, and so whoever got that deal done deserves some credit.

how many signings have done really well this season.....Ozil 42 mill??? really?? had Baldini and Spurs made the signing imagine the flak. Willian 35 mill, how many goals assists and match winning performances has he made. Jovetic at 24 mill has flopped, Fernandinho 22 mill has had good moments but has really lived up to the hype. Navas the same and he cost 17 mill. Mata is struggling at Man utd, he looks nothing like the player he was at Chelsea in the last 2 years. Sakho cost Liverpool over 17 mill and he doesnt even get in the side. Felliani 25 mill :ross: i mean come on. Its been a strange time for big signings at many clubs

Yeah true. I think when you are shoping at the 'next grade down' i.e. younger unproven players or players from outside the top leagues, then you are always taking more of a gamble.

I don't think anyone had issues with any of our signings at the time they were actually made, so hindsight is a wonderful thing.

As it is I think Eriksen and Chiriches look very promising, Capoue started off looking promising before his injury and then Sherwood clearly doesn't fancy him. Lamela was always going to be a long-term project it seems and Chadli - well at his price he was probably worth a punt.

I think the biggest mistake of the summer was not paying the extra Villa wanted for Benteke and going for Soldado instead, a player that with the benefit of hindsight always had questionmarks about whether his style was suited to English football.

how many signings have done really well this season.....Ozil 42 mill??? really?? had Baldini and Spurs made the signing imagine the flak. Willian 35 mill, how many goals assists and match winning performances has he made. Jovetic at 24 mill has flopped, Fernandinho 22 mill has had good moments but has really lived up to the hype. Navas the same and he cost 17 mill. Mata is struggling at Man utd, he looks nothing like the player he was at Chelsea in the last 2 years. Sakho cost Liverpool over 17 mill and he doesnt even get in the side. Felliani 25 mill :ross: i mean come on.

Very good points.

Also, I reckon if we sold our 7 new players in the morning we wouldn't actually lose that much on them. Chadli and Capoue are still worth approx. the €7m they cost. Soldado's fee is probably closer to £13m than £26m before add-ons, and we'd get most of that back for him. Lamela is still a £20m player on reputation alone, and we may not have paid much more than that for him up-front/pre-add ons. The value of Eriksen and Chirches has probably risen. And someone would certainly pay £17m for Paulinho.

If we need to scrub those guys from the books it doesn't really set us back financially. It's "just" the wasted season.

I guess it depends what exactly Baldini's remit is. If it's in part "Don't do a Bentley/Carroll/Feleini" on us, then Baldini has done ok because none of last summer's money has truly been spunked. The fact the players haven't worked out is more a training pitch boob than a boardroom boob.

Yeah true. I think when you are shoping at the 'next grade down' i.e. younger unproven players or players from outside the top leagues, then you are always taking more of a gamble.

I don't think anyone had issues with any of our signings at the time they were actually made, so hindsight is a wonderful thing.

As it is I think Eriksen and Chiriches look very promising, Capoue started off looking promising before his injury and then Sherwood clearly doesn't fancy him. Lamela was always going to be a long-term project it seems and Chadli - well at his price he was probably worth a punt.

I think the biggest mistake of the summer was not paying the extra Villa wanted for Benteke and going for Soldado instead, a player that with the benefit of hindsight always had questionmarks about whether his style was suited to English football.

=D>

yeah, but Willian cost 35 mill and Eriksen cost us 12 mill. Both have had a similar impact imo so id say we did a very good deal in getting Eriksen after missing out on Willian. He is younger, cost a hell of a lot less, and so whoever got that deal done deserves some credit.

We did well with Eriksen to be sure, and I don't think we've seen the best of him by a long shot. Willian is overpriced but that was the market value and it was a cost we were willing to pay too. Willian is getting better and better unfortunately but he's a prick so I'm not overly disappointed we missed out on him. I'd say that was a particularly disappointing transfer for AVB, one of many targets he wanted but didn't get.

Considering the turmoil at the club I'm willing to give all our new signings another season before they make my **** list.

Very good points.

Also, I reckon if we sold our 7 new players in the morning we wouldn't actually lose that much on them. Chadli and Capoue are still worth approx. the €7m they cost. Soldado's fee is probably closer to £13m than £26m before add-ons, and we'd get most of that back for him. Lamela is still a £20m player on reputation alone, and we may not have paid much more than that for him up-front/pre-add ons. The value of Eriksen and Chirches has probably risen. And someone would certainly pay £17m for Paulinho.

If we need to scrub those guys from the books it doesn't really set us back financially. It's "just" the wasted season.

I guess it depends what exactly Baldini's remit is. If it's in part "Don't do a Bentley/Carroll/Feleini" on us, then Baldini has done ok because none of last summer's money has truly been spunked. The fact the players haven't worked out is more a training pitch boob than a boardroom boob.
exactly......in a way the club made very calculated gambles. They did the same the summer before with Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele and Sigurdssen. Think about it, if we had to sell those 4 we would get our money back and for Lloris and Verts we get twice what we paid for them!!! From a player asset point of view id say we are in a healthy position and Levy must be relaxed about this.

We did well with Eriksen to be sure, and I don't think we've seen the best of him by a long shot. Willian is overpriced but that was the market value and it was cost we were willing to pay too. Willian is getting better and better unfortunately but he's a prick so I'm not overly disappointed we missed out on him. I'd say that was a particularly disappointing transfer for AVB, one of many targets we wanted but didn't get.

Considering the turmoil at the club I'm willing to give all our new signings another season before they make my **** list.
me too, however im hoping Paulinho has a great world cup, Real Madrid are sufficiently impressed, and take him off our hands for 20 mill plus. Ive given him all the chances but i just dont think he is suited to PL football and actually our team needs a different type of central midfielder

Back