• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini

Re: Has Franco Baldini been sacked already?

I saw him in the Directors box a few games ago on TV, he's still around.

DanceOff_zps2b7796fa.gif

Actually, there's only one player there I'd express negative sentiment towards, and that's Paulinho.

Soldado has had a brutal time, which can happen to anyone, but has still retained a sort of dignity and has tried hard physically and emotionally.

Lamela hasn't had a crack. Nor has Capoue after his injury.

Chadli seems like an honest trier, and does have some skills.

Eriksen and Vlad have done well.

All in all, you can't really bash any of them that hard, other than Paulinho.

I'd rather he was sitting in the directors' boxes at Boca Juniors, River Plate, Corinthians, Sao Paulo, Sociedad, Feyenoord and Partizan etc. at a weekend, like his job entails.

The whole point of a DoF is that he can be dedicated full-time to that kind of stuff.

Very well put

I'd rather he was sitting in the directors' boxes at Boca Juniors, River Plate, Corinthians, Sao Paulo, Sociedad, Feyenoord and Partizan etc. at a weekend, like his job entails.

The whole point of a DoF is that he can be dedicated full-time to that kind of stuff.

This hopefully.

I'm sure I saw him at the game at St James' Park or the Wonga arena or whatever.

Actually, there's only one player there I'd express negative sentiment towards, and that's Paulinho.

Soldado has had a brutal time, which can happen to anyone, but has still retained a sort of dignity and has tried hard physically and emotionally.

Lamela hasn't had a crack. Nor has Capoue after his injury.

Chadli seems like an honest trier, and does have some skills.

Eriksen and Vlad have done well.

All in all, you can't really bash any of them that hard, other than Paulinho.

Yeh a few months back I had this argument with a friend who was claiming all our signings were ****.

Eriksen - Looks a good signing
Chadli - Looks a decent squad player but really I think that's all he was signed for
Chiriches - Looks a potential 1st team player, think he was signed as a squad player
Lamela - Spent pretty much his entire time injured
Capoue - Same as Lamela, looked good at start of season in midfield

Only two I struggled to defend were Paulinho and Soldado. Soldado was mainly down to the price tag as just watching him you can see theres a player in there somewhere.

I think the biggest mistake of the summer was not paying the extra Villa wanted for Benteke

That was classic Levy - or so it appeared, ie negotiate tighter than a ducks **** - and lose the deal. Then we go to the other extreme, it seems bizarre, not that we really know how transfer negotiating is done.

I think the biggest mistake of the summer was not paying the extra Villa wanted for Benteke

That was classic Levy - or so it appeared, ie negotiate tighter than a ducks **** - and lose the deal. Then we go to the other extreme, it seems bizarre, not that we really know how transfer negotiating is done.

About a month ago there was story doing the rounds on some of the 'news now' sites that Benkete was 'done' to point where he had a medical at Hotspur Way. It was said that whilst this medical was going on AVB walked in and pulled the plug saying that Benteke was not his type of player.

Benteke, really?

Soldados scored twice as many this season hasn't he?

James Beattie mkII

Weird things was that news about the Dnipro Guy konyeplanko or whatever. The Dnipro rep said that he was dealing with out club president. I assumed he meant Levy. So what is Baldini doing then?

Weird things was that news about the Dnipro Guy konyeplanko or whatever. The Dnipro rep said that he was dealing with out club president. I assumed he meant Levy. So what is Baldini doing then?

Isn't it clear that Levy signs the players?

Isn't it clear that Levy signs the players?

yes! but i thought Baldini was supposed to take over? if not why the hell have we got him. he just finds players and levy signs them?

yes! but i thought Baldini was supposed to take over? if not why the hell have we got him. he just finds players and levy signs them?

Thats what he SHOULD be doing. I just don't think Levy is very big on director of football types. AVB wanted him and Levy got him, it's why it' quite surprising he wasn't sacked when AVB went.

Thats what he SHOULD be doing. I just don't think Levy is very big on director of football types. AVB wanted him and Levy got him, it's why it' quite surprising he wasn't sacked when AVB went.

wtf???? who brought Arnesen to the club?? Commoli?? heck even Pleat was kept at the club in a dof capacity...........the one manager who absolutely insisted on not working with a dof was Redknapp.

Benteke, really?

Soldados scored twice as many this season hasn't he?

James Beattie mkII

Benteke 9 in 24 at a rate of a goal every 216 minutes
Soldado 6 in 24 at a rate of a goal every 285 minutes

damn you and your stats ;), i'd have guessed he only had 4 or 5

plus i assume thats PL goals only as I was sure Bobby had 12 this season?

Benteke 9 in 24 at a rate of a goal every 216 minutes
Soldado 6 in 24 at a rate of a goal every 285 minutes

Benteke 7 goals ( in open play ) in 24 games.
Soldado 2 goals ( in open play ) in 24 games.

puts a slightly different slant on it.

Back