• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini

Does soton have a dof like baldini? I think levy might just want to have a look at how they are set up, after all they've been developing youngsters more successfully and far longer than we have.

Owner Katharina Liebherr

Chairman Ralph Krueger

Chief Executive Officer Gareth Rogers

Football club directors David Bence

Parent company directors Gareth Rogers, Les Reed

Technical Director Martin Hunter

Honorary President Terry Paine MBE

Head of Football Development and Support Centre Les Reed

First Team Manager Ronald Koeman

Head of Recruitment Paul Mitchell

Not a director of football but they pretty much worked in the way one does when cortese was there. Same with the way Swansea have worked.

They all perform the tasks needed to run a football club, whatever their titles are or who's responsible for what.

Does soton have a dof like baldini? I think levy might just want to have a look at how they are set up, after all they've been developing youngsters more successfully and far longer than we have.

Yes - Les Reed replaced Cortese, and has been Mitchell's boss.

Amazes me that Baldo's still got a job. He's meant to oversee our incoming transfers so the way he spent the Bale money is the equivalent of a manager getting us relegated. GHod knows why Levy's keeping him - he's not tolerant of managers failing so why's he tolerating Baldo's c0ck-ups?

Amazes me that Baldo's still got a job. He's meant to oversee our incoming transfers so the way he spent the Bale money is the equivalent of a manager getting us relegated. GHod knows why Levy's keeping him - he's not tolerant of managers failing so why's he tolerating Baldo's c0ck-ups?

Maybe because most of the players signed that window were not his and the job of sporting director involves more than just signing players

Read back a few pages, it is all explained somewhere - getting deals done versus identifying targets as a committee

Owner Katharina Liebherr

Chairman Ralph Krueger

Chief Executive Officer Gareth Rogers

Football club directors David Bence

Parent company directors Gareth Rogers, Les Reed

Technical Director Martin Hunter

Honorary President Terry Paine MBE

Head of Football Development and Support Centre Les Reed

First Team Manager Ronald Koeman

Head of Recruitment Paul Mitchell

Ok scratch my last post....where would baldini fit in this....technical director? Head of football development ?

Interesting why Mitchell doesn't want to report to Baldini though. Did he think he wasn't getting enough credit for soton's success? Seriously not heard about him til now.

I'm sure he will report to Baldini. Mitchell is just an uber-stats guy, not a decision maker or negotiator

because of the amount of money involved, look how long it takes levy to spend a million quid buying a tin roofed shed in n17 that's holding up a multi million property development, he's not gonna hand over 30m just like that on the say so of 1 person he's only been working with for a fortnight

if I'm wrong and that is the case then we have far bigger problems and levy is truly an idiot

either way, baldini is at best innocent, at worst incompetent, but the responsibility for last summers transfer dealings does not rest with him

It's not what i prefer that matters..it's your opinion and i'm asking how you came to that conclusion?

We've covered this a billion times before, KD. The gap between him arriving and some of the signings mean that it is unlikely that they were players identified by him. I think that it is more likely that the players signed at the end of the window when Chelsea gazzumped us on Willian were his.

We've covered this a billion times before, KD. The gap between him arriving and some of the signings mean that it is unlikely that they were players identified by him. I think that it is more likely that the players signed at the end of the window when Chelsea gazzumped us on Willian were his.

Paulinho - we were in negotiations before Baldini joined - has said himself he was an AVB target;
Chadli - Supposedly been tracked by the club since playing against us in the Champions League;
Soldado- was linked to us under Redknapp in fact I believe we had previous bids rejected looks like we were weighing up him or Damiao for years trying to get the price or situation of either to come within acceptable boundaries;
Capoue - Honestly have no idea about this one seemed to come from left field a bit may have been anyone's recommendation but I note he went straight in AVB's team;
Chiriches- no idea again but I'm sure their president said something about Chelsea tracking him too so may have been on AVB's radar for a while;
Eriksen- been tracked by Spurs for ages if you believe Sherwood. Typical Levy deal

2bh I wouldn't be surprised if it was only Lamela that Baldini pushed for

Back