• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini

Playing him at LB is a little different to wanting to get rid of him though.

You don't let a big talent go just because he's not first choice.

Why didn't Comolli tell Jol to play Bale at left wing if he was so clever?

I think you would have to either naive or stubborn to believe Redknapp didn't want to get rid of Bale at one point, but that doesn't mean he should get at least SOME credit for his improvement. After all, AVB gets credit (from some anyway).

Didn't Jol always play him on the wing? If not the majority of the time? His debut against Man Utd was him on the left wing, I'm sure he played on the left wing before getting injured and then when Ramos come in decided to play him left back before he got sent off, suspended, arry come in and preferred Ekotto.

Could be wrong however but that's how I remember it.

I don't remember that tbh.

Ramos definitely played him at left back. Comolli should have mentioned it to Ramos as well then.

Who was actually playing infront of Bale at left mid under Ramos? was it Modric?

07/08 http://www.myfootballfacts.com/TottenhamHotspur2007-08ResultsTeamLine-Ups.html
Jol played him 5 times on the wing and 4 times at left back
Ramos played him 3 times as left back

08/08 http://www.myfootballfacts.com/TottenhamHotspur2008-09ResultsTeamLine-Ups.html
Ramos played him 5 times on the wing and 6 times at left back

Playing him at LB is a little different to wanting to get rid of him though.

You don't let a big talent go just because he's not first choice.

It's called making a mistake. I repeat what I said before, just because he wanted to get rid of him doesn't mean he shouldn't get credit for his good form after that time passed. AVB gets credit so why doesn't Redknapp? I think I know the answer but I've asked the question anyway :lol: Either give both of them credit or don't credit any of them.

It's called making a mistake. I repeat what I said before, just because he wanted to get rid of him doesn't mean he shouldn't get credit for his good form after that time passed. AVB gets credit so why doesn't Redknapp? I think I know the answer but I've asked the question anyway :lol: Either give both of them credit or don't credit any of them.

Redknapp definitely deserves credit for developing Bale, he improved massively under him, as he also did under AVB.

If we're going to credit anyone other than Bale himself it should be the guys on the training pitch, Jordan and Bond, and not the one sitting in his office, chatting on the phone. Same with Modric. Those two not only had the talent, but the commitment as well. All that was needed was to put them on the pitch.

If we're going to credit anyone other than Bale himself it should be the guys on the training pitch, Jordan and Bond, and not the one sitting in his office, chatting on the phone. Same with Modric. Those two not only had the talent, but the commitment as well. All that was needed was to put them on the pitch.

I think that it is harsh and a little petty to not give Redknapp any credit for Bale's development. Ferguson didn't spend much time on the training pitch either but most people wouldn't deny that he was instrumental in Ronaldo's development.

So the same goes for AVB then?

I think that it is harsh and a little petty to not give Redknapp any credit for Bale's development. Ferguson didn't spend much time on the training pitch either but most people wouldn't deny that he was instrumental in Ronaldo's development.

Ferguson had a semblance of a long term plan at least. Redknapp just gets rid whenever someone isn't performing.

I will give AVB credit for changing his system to get the most out of Bale. He probably spends more time coaching the players in a day though than Redknapp do in a month.

Redknapp played him in the middle against Norwich. He also regularly swapped him and Lennon over only for our fans to sing "he plays on the left". You can't have it both ways, just about all of our players improved when Redknapp took over from Ramos. It's starting to look really petty.

I'm loving the last few pages guys :)

Can we all just agree none of them are with us now and move on? ;)

We played quality football under HR. No doubt. We had world class players at his disposal though so we were entitled to in all honesty. I'd love him here still from a football POV but there is no guarantee we'd be any better off.

Yep I agree with this and from what I hear Eriksen is the next in line as he practically lives at the training ground.

I will give AVB credit for changing his system to get the most out of Bale. He probably spends more time coaching the players in a day though than Redknapp do in a month.

Was that why we looked so turgid and boring and the longer he was in place the more our results went down hill?.... Perhaps he should've deferred the coaching to somebody who could actually coach like Redknapp did?

Yep I agree with this and from what I hear Eriksen is the next in line as he practically lives at the training ground.

No doubt though if Eriksen does come on as he could (should!) then those same people who would never credit Redknapp for a players development would credit Pochettino. It was the same with Sherwood as well.... His improved performances out of Eriksen were put down to 'Eriksen simply having adapted to the English game'. The support of a good manager is instrumental in a player developing. It's not just about work on the training pitch it is about giving that player the confidence to play and the right system to play in.

Back