• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini - New Technical Director

Re: Franco Baldini

I think if we get him in early we can really motor on in the market. The days of buying early and decisively went with Comolli / Arnesen - I think Levy finds it tough on his own

I think if we get him in early we can really motor on in the market. The days of buying early and decisively went with Comolli / Arnesen - I think Levy finds it tough on his own

id like to think the targets this summer would be from Levy/AVB rather than a newly appointed DoF who probably doesn't have much knowledge of our team and what we require?

though having a DoF in place and working on an already established list of targets would no doubt speed things up

the guy was a complete failure at roma - why is levy/avb after a failed director - this is an important recruitment for the club!

id like to think the targets this summer would be from Levy/AVB rather than a newly appointed DoF who probably doesn't have much knowledge of our team and what we require?

though having a DoF in place and working on an already established list of targets would no doubt speed things up

He's mates with AVB so I imagine he knows our team very well and has probably already been a sounding board for targets.

the guy was a complete failure at roma - why is levy/avb after a failed director - this is an important recruitment for the club!

He lost a power struggle, but that's to Roma's detriment.

After Moggi he's probably the most connected man in the game.

His signings include:

Roma

Marcus Assuncao
Hidetoshi Nakata
Cristano Zanetti (aged 22)
Emerson
Walter Samuel (aged 22)
Antonio Cassano (aged 18)
Daniele De Rossi (aged 18)
Cristian Chivu
Phillipe Mexes
Gabriel Batistuta
Pep Guardiola
Christian Panucci
Vincenzo Montella

Real Madrid

Fernando Gago
Gonzalo Higuain (aged 18)
Marcelo
Fabio Cannavaro
Ruud Van Nistelrooy
Emerson

Roma

Marquinho
Pjanic
Kjaer
Gago
Osvaldo
Krkic
Lamela
Borriello
Stekelenburg

He certainly has an eye for talent. I just hope we allow him freedom to use it.

He certainly has an eye for talent. I just hope we allow him freedom to use it.

He seems to be able to both spot young talent before it blossoms, and recruit top name players at their pinnacle (Batistuta, Guardiola, RvN, Cannavaro) - sort of the Leandro + Villa approach.

GB why did you bold some of those players?

The top 5 because they were young players he discovered who went on to become world class.

The bottom 3 because they are current Roma players who we've already been linked with this window.

The top 5 because they were young players he discovered who went on to become world class.

The bottom 3 because they are current Roma players who we've already been linked with this window.

Cristiano Zanetti was nowhere near world class imo.

Anyway i'm excited by Baldini. I like the fact that he takes risks with kids and doesn't simply take the safe approach.

David Pleat is the puppet master at Spurs. No-one buys a player without his say so

000422_01.jpg

With Baldini Italy, Spain and Argentina, AVB Brazil and Portugual, and Freund Germany, that's some impressive knowledge and networks.

We had knowledge of Brazil before AVB through our link-up with Internacional. There is an exchange of scouting info there. We will get a lot more insight into these markets through our link-up with Real Madrid. One of the conditions of the Modric sale was that we have access to Real's scouting database and player profiling - I don't think people realise how significant this can be for us in the future.

We had knowledge of Brazil before AVB through our link-up with Internacional. There is an exchange of scouting info there. We will get a lot more insight into these markets through our link-up with Real Madrid. One of the conditions of the Modric sale was that we have access to Real's scouting database and player profiling - I don't think people realise how significant this can be for us in the future.

Baldini has signed something like 12 teenagers from Brazil in the past two years. He probably created Real's scouting database when he was there!

Our 'link-ups' with inter and real are meaningless. They achieve nothing. Just attempted PR stunts

how do we know this? i didnt realise but its bloody good if we do

but having said that...what database do real have that we wouldnt know about?

how do we know this? i didnt realise but its bloody good if we do

but having said that...what database do real have that we wouldnt know about?

Real have strong scouting ties in Africa, thats an area that we might not be as well informed about.

Back