• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

I'm not confident of us doing much this season but the one thing I will say is that despite us being terrible so far, we're three points off 4th and £100m worth of players - Capoue, Chadli, Paulinho, Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado really haven't got going yet at all, surely as the season goes on, this lot(or at least some of them) will seriously kick into gear and help push us forward.

Indeed. I actually expect that compared to last season, we should have an even better second half because the potential of our players is much greater. I mean, rather than waiting for Dempsey to settle in we are waiting for Lamela and Eriksen...rather than waiting for Ade to adapt to AVB's methods we are waiting for Soldado...rather than being forced to over-use Parker we have Paulinho and Capoue alongside Sandro.

Yes no Bale, but I think we've got a great chance of a good second half of the season that's going to be impress a lot of people.

Indeed. I actually expect that compared to last season, we should have an even better second half because the potential of our players is much greater. I mean, rather than waiting for Dempsey to settle in we are waiting for Lamela and Eriksen...rather than waiting for Ade to adapt to AVB's methods we are waiting for Soldado...rather than being forced to over-use Parker we have Paulinho and Capoue alongside Sandro.

Yes no Bale, but I think we've got a great chance of a good second half of the season that's going to be impress a lot of people.

I look at our like for likes and despite playing poorly were up!!!

Thats scary as we as fans have been quick to criticise but if were actually getting better results then isn't that the ultimate goal?

Were also the team with the biggest scope for improvement which can only be a good thing 9whilst highlighting how poor we have been)

I think United will struggle to crack the top 4 unless they get a top class CM in January. also think they need a top class CB to partner Vidic. The bad news for us is I can't see us finishing above Liverpool unless Soldado finds some form quickly. Suarez is white hot our only hope is that he gets suspended or injured.

1. Chelski
2. Emirates Marketing Project
3. Scum
4. Liverpool
5. Spurs
6. United

I think United will struggle to crack the top 4 unless they get a top class CM in January. also think they need a top class CB to partner Vidic. The bad news for us is I can't see us finishing above Liverpool unless Soldado finds some form quickly. Suarez is white hot our only hope is that he gets suspended or injured.

1. Chelski
3. Scum
4. Liverpool
5. Spurs
6. United

United are interesting. I read something on Football 365 today that worked out that they needed to get 70-72 points (based on an average of teams getting CL in past seasons) and that is something like 16 wins and 4 draws from the remaining games. And it's possible, but I also look at them and think:

Ageing centre backs / Young Centre backs that are no great shakes
Average midfield - Fellaini will likely improve but I think we have them beat there. Out wide, any combination of Nani/Young/Valencia/Zaha is easily competed with by our options.
Upfront - they have great options but if Soldado starts firing as I expect him to (having given United their due that Fellaini will start playing better too) and if we sign a Defoe replacement as expected then we have room to improve there too.

I think we can genuinely finish ahead of them this year. Massive shame we didn't get the win we deserved against them last week.

United are interesting. I read something on Football 365 today that worked out that they needed to get 70-72 points (based on an average of teams getting CL in past seasons) and that is something like 16 wins and 4 draws from the remaining games. And it's possible, but I also look at them and think:

Ageing centre backs / Young Centre backs that are no great shakes
Average midfield - Fellaini will likely improve but I think we have them beat there. Out wide, any combination of Nani/Young/Valencia/Zaha is easily competed with by our options.
Upfront - they have great options but if Soldado starts firing as I expect him to (having given United their due that Fellaini will start playing better too) and if we sign a Defoe replacement as expected then we have room to improve there too.

I think we can genuinely finish ahead of them this year. Massive shame we didn't get the win we deserved against them last week.

agree on all your points but what about Liverpool? I think we have a better overall squad but we cannot score at the moment. THink they will hammer the lower tier teams and we will struggle as we have when teams park the bus

agree on all your points but what about Liverpool? I think we have a better overall squad but we cannot score at the moment. THink they will hammer the lower tier teams and we will struggle as we have when teams park the bus

For Liverpool I'm predicting a Spurs cica 11/12 season collapse to be honest. They are looking great right now but I don't think they're true level is to waltz past teams like they are doing so easily now. They have some good players and have Suarez, but a great player on their own doesn't guarantee the success you want as we showed with Bale, and the season before we had Bale, Lennon, Rafa, Modric, in form Ade and still would have only got 5th had Chelsea not forfitted the league.

Arsenal will come down a bit too - they have even better players than Liverpool and world class in Ozil, but their level just isn't to steamroller any team as they have done so far. They will have a tricky period for sure which will bring them much closer to us. I'm really sure of it.

Our level on the other hand, I think we have depth and quality in every position (I'm aware of left back issues though) and I think we should be around 3rd, although this year we might be too far behind ultimately because of the new signings. I'm not actually as blown away by City's squad as most seem to be as I think comparing it to ours we almost stack up. They shade it but the gap isn't massive for me.

Ultimately I think it should be between Arsenal and is for 3rd and 4th, and if we can feel them in it should be us with the momentum towards the end this time.

That's the dream :)

For Liverpool I'm predicting a Spurs cica 11/12 season collapse to be honest. They are looking great right now but I don't think they're true level is to waltz past teams like they are doing so easily now. They have some good players and have Suarez, but a great player on their own doesn't guarantee the success you want as we showed with Bale, and the season before we had Bale, Lennon, Rafa, Modric, in form Ade and still would have only got 5th had Chelsea not forfitted the league.

Arsenal will come down a bit too - they have even better players than Liverpool and world class in Ozil, but their level just isn't to steamroller any team as they have done so far. They will have a tricky period for sure which will bring them much closer to us. I'm really sure of it.

Our level on the other hand, I think we have depth and quality in every position (I'm aware of left back issues though) and I think we should be around 3rd, although this year we might be too far behind ultimately because of the new signings. I'm not actually as blown away by City's squad as most seem to be as I think comparing it to ours we almost stack up. They shade it but the gap isn't massive for me.

Ultimately I think it should be between Arsenal and is for 3rd and 4th, and if we can feel them in it should be us with the momentum towards the end this time.

That's the dream :)

Can you seriously see us overhauling Arsnl from our current respective positions?

More like a prayer than a dream IMO

Can you seriously see us overhauling Arsnl from our current respective positions?

More like a prayer than a dream IMO

To be honest it's not that likely, probably more for next season. We've been hamstring by the upheaval we had player wise.

But who knows...I think they will have a bad run and if we can be consistent and pull them closer, their jitters and our momentum could swing it our way this time.

1. Chelski
3. Scum
4. Liverpool
5. Spurs
6. United

Or sold [-o<

I'll be happy with 5th.

I think that is our level. Anything above 5th and I'd be over the moon with. Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool all have at least one World Class player in their teams. I do think however based on squad game we will finish above Liverpool. I actually think it will be between us and Everton for fifth, but once again regarding squads I think we'll just about pip it.

I think the league will finish like this:

1. Emirates Marketing Project
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Man Utd
--------------
5. Tottenham
6. Everton
7. Liverpool
8. Saudi Sportswashing Machine
9. Southampton
10. West Brom
11. Swansea
12. Norwich
13. Stoke
14. Aston Villa
15. Hull
16. Fulham
17. West Ham
-------------------
18. Cardiff
19. Sunderland
20. Crystal Palace

True about how world class players can get you results. Rooney got them a draw against us. But you need a squad to get top 4 and neither United or Liverpool have a good enough one IMO.

A sensible bet would be a top 3 of Arsenal, City and Chelsea in any order. I found it amusing today talking to a couple of Gooners at work how worried they were about the Everton game. I don't think they have a lot to be worried about.

But if their worries are confirmed then if you had to choose between City and Chelsea then the sensible bet would be Chelsea. But if City can score a few away against Southampton then they may go on a rampage.

I think if the top three win this weekend they wont be dislodged. But if they all don't it could get very interesting. Only of course if we win as well.

Fourth is the minimum I am still looking for this season. January transfer window is vital and not so far away.

We have everything except goalscorers.

Last edited:
I am convinced that if we are to finish in the top 4 it will have to be above Liverpool. People count them out of the race at their peril imo: I don't see much difference between their team now and ours four years ago in Redknapp's first full season

we're not finishing 4th [-X

i'd love to be proved wrong

but I dont want us to finish in a europa cup spot, best way to get back into the CL is to avoid the thursday sunday scheduling

gmmc.jpg
Jordinho, where did you get this? Or did you make it yourself? Fantastic visualisation.

FWIW, the corresponding results of the Top 7 thus far this season...
FixtureSpursARSEnalLiverpoolMan_UtdChelseaEvertonMan_City
Palace (a)1-02-0---0-0-
Swansea (h)1-0-----3-0
ARSEnal (a)0-1n/a0-2----
Norwich (h)2-04-15-1---7-0
Cardiff (a)1-03-0-2-2--0-0-2-3
Chelsea (h)1-1---0-0n/a1-0-
West Ham (h)0-3-4-1----
Villa (a)2-0-1-0--2-02-3
Hull (h)1-02-0--2-02-12-0
Everton (a)0-0-3-3-0-1n/a-
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h)0-1--0-1-3-24-0
Emirates Marketing Project (a)0-6--1-4-1-3n/a
Man Utd (h)2-2-1-0n/a--4-1
Fulham (a)2-13-1-3-1---
Sunderland (a)2-13-13-12-14-3-0-1
Relative Pts / Goal Diff to us(n/a)(= / +7)(+5 / +8 )(-2 / +3)(-1 / =)(+1 / +5)(-4 / +9)

Last edited:
Back