• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

Don't think ManCity will win the league unless they improve their away form. Apart from Arsenal, none of the teams have been consistent this season. So, I think we still have a good chance to finish in top 4 or even 3 if we can improve our results in the coming matches.

Don't think ManCity will win the league unless they improve their away form. Apart from Arsenal, none of the teams have been consistent this season. So, I think we still have a good chance to finish in top 4 or even 3 if we can improve our results in the coming matches.
ManCity's away form will defenitely improve. And soonly enough. Reasons why the lost so many points in away games were mainly continuous CB injuries and individual moments of madness. Their squad depth especially in attack and midfield is enormous. I also think they'll go for a centre-back in winter.
I suppose the title race will be between them and scum. MC to finish higher in the end. Arsenal to celebrate "10 years without trophies" feast in 2015.
Chelsea for a third.

We should beat Everton, ManUre and Pool to gain the last spot, which currently seems to be a tough task. However, reds and dippers have enough problems with their squads and perfomance as well.

Personally, I think we will do well to improve on our present position, unless we add more goals per game.

5th is our best bet. Are we really going to beat the likes of city, Arsenal, Chelsea and United to the top 4? I don't think we have it in us. I would like to finish 5th and a cup final but i think Liverpool will beat us to 5th easily.

5th is our best bet. Are we really going to beat the likes of city, Arsenal, Chelsea and United to the top 4? I don't think we have it in us. I would like to finish 5th and a cup final but i think Liverpool will beat us to 5th easily.

Liverpool will begin to drift now. Sturridge injured, Coutinho off form and carrying a slight knock, Suarez is a brilliant player, but can't be trusted to go a whole season without some heinous act.

I still believe Arsenal will run out of steam. It isn't losing someone like Ozil or Ramsey that will cost them, but losing either Koscielney or Mertesacker (18 months ago I would never have believed I would hold that opinion!)

I see us just about finishing 6th. City and Chelsea will be clear of Arsenal and United in 3rd/4th although not sure where those two sets will finish between themselves. Liverpool have more goals in them and I think they will have enough to finish above us this season with Everton and Southampton putting the pressure on us for 6th place.

I personally wouldn't complain too much at that, i think it is probably an accurate portrayal of how good we are currently although it would taste a lot sweeter if we managed to win one of the cups. I think i'll go with this:

Emirates Marketing Project
Chelsea
Manchester United
Arsenal
-------------------------
Liverpool
Tottenham
Everton
Southampton
Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Swansea
West Bromich Albion
Aston Villa
Stoke City
Norwich City
Cardiff City
Hull City
West Ham United
------------------------
Sunderland
Fulham
Crystal Palace

Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project, Manchester United, Tottenham.

The top 4 will come from these teams, probably top 7 unless Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Southampton overachieve considerably.

I think it's likely to be 3 from ****, Chelscum, City and United and 1 of the other 3. You'd expect ****, Chelscum and City to make it given their squads and spending power. The big question mark is United. They are bunch of cloggers with a couple of cheating wingers and two very good forwards. We'll know a lot more a month from now. European competitions are heading for a break as well, so everyone will be on equal footing.

I think we're in a battle with Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine for 6th.
Man C will win the league.

Can see United spending serious money in January if their form doesn't improve.

Everton will eventually fail away IMO. Unless Suarez leaves in January or gets injured then Liverpool are going to be a threat all season.

Can see United spending serious money in January if their form doesn't improve.

Everton will eventually fail away IMO. Unless Suarez leaves in January or gets injured then Liverpool are going to be a threat all season.

But will they trust Moyes with it? He hasn't fared well with his expensive signings in the past.

They need a top class CM and have done for years now.

1. Emirates Marketing Project
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool

5. Everton
6. Tottenham
7. Manchester Utd

8. Southampton
9. Saudi Sportswashing Machine

10. West Brom
11. Swansea
12. Aston Villa

13. West Ham
14. Norwich
15. Fulham
16. Cardiff
17. Sunderland

18. Stoke
19. Hull
20. Crystal Palace

I've managed to watch a lot more games this season than last and feel confident in my prediction, give or take a few spaces. Hull will collapse in the second half of the season, Stoke will finally fall off with so few goals in their team. Gus will keep Sunderland up, Meulensteen likewise for Fulham judging by their performance last night. Norwich and West Ham should have the capacity to stay afloat with their good squads.

Three-way war between WBA, Swans and Villa for midtable. Southampton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine will do well because they have good players but they have a real lack of depth and no standout players which you tend to need to keep up with the big boys.

I really hope we finish above Man United and think we can take advantage of their poor choice of manager. I'm by no means a big AVB fan but it's ridiculous how much stick he garnered for a bad run when Moyes has United below us with a better squad yet the only real criticism is the Sun's 'CHUMP' headline. Everton have the look of a strong team this season and I foresee them pushing Liverpool close for 4th but having Suarez in such dynamite form will push them over the line.

Top three will fight it out for the title, I am worried Arsenal might do it if they buy a top striker in January but here's hoping (even though I'm not overly fond of them!) City have enough in the tank to finish above Chelsea and l'****.

It's very open and tough to call, we COULD get fourth but we would need a few huge chunks of luck IMO (we can't keep scoring long range goals without Bale, surely) and for a couple of other teams to underachieve.

COYS

gmmc.jpg

But will they trust Moyes with it? He hasn't fared well with his expensive signings in the past.

They need a top class CM and have done for years now.

replacing Fergie was always gonna take time, they obviously took a long time deciding on Moyes as first choice (with SAF's age they must have had a contingency plan for some time, had anyone else have been offered it first it would be public knowledge by now) so I can't see them doing anything hasty, unless they drop out of the top half completely I think he will (rightly) get a minimum of 2 years

I'm not confident of us doing much this season but the one thing I will say is that despite us being terrible so far, we're three points off 4th and £100m worth of players - Capoue, Chadli, Paulinho, Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado really haven't got going yet at all, surely as the season goes on, this lot(or at least some of them) will seriously kick into gear and help push us forward.

Back