• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

And we'll need to wait until next season for the next decent one at a guess :(
That depends on what slowed the Red Bulls down.

Karen Halliwell has been at pains to insist that it wasn't the directive on flexible parts that took their pace away. Usually when he whines like that it's because it's true.

If their dominant pace is back in Japan then the rest of the season will be boring, but if they're slow there then the close could be fun.

Karen Halliwell has been at pains to insist that it wasn't the directive on flexible parts that took their pace away. Usually when he whines like that it's because it's true.

If their dominant pace is back in Japan then the rest of the season will be boring, but if they're slow there then the close could be fun.

For MV's car to be so far ahead of everyone else is just odd - it does suggest something is/was a bit off. Red Bull are certainly no strangers to stretching the rule book so although it's technically still there the words are incomprehensible. I'm sure the FIA (and the other teams pushing them along) have spent a lot of time trying to work what's going on.

Maybe it is just coincidence. And there is no doubt the RB is fab car and MV is an excellent driver, but the gap just too big to not be suspicious.
MV's race pace at the weekend was good on a circuit not suited to the RB - kinda where you'd expect it to be under normal conditions.

Guess we'll see over the next few races.

Ok, that's funny!!

Whatever happened to British Touring Car? It used to be huge when I was a kid watching it on TV. Is it still a thing?

Whatever happened to British Touring Car? It used to be huge when I was a kid watching it on TV. Is it still a thing?

Grew up watching it some form of tourin cars...as a juvenile always laughed when the name winklehock was mentioned.

Plato, Hoy and Richard Rydell were names I seem to remember

Last edited:
I used to go to TC at Silverstone and Brands, great fun, especially with it basically being a load of dad’s cars. It got kind of ruined when Audi were allowed to put 4WD cars in, even with the weight penalty they were miles ahead.

Plato was really impressive in his early years as he wasn’t with a works team.

The computer game was great too.

Was involved with this back in the day, but against the RS500’s and their bloody turbos it was almost impossible to win anything

1eb94e9c1eff4db4d1d30fcad14d7476.jpg

They used to take all the wings and door skins off and hand make aluminium ones to try and cut down on the weight.

They also took the opportunity to widen the arches slightly to increase the track and improve the front geometry, if I remember rightly

This season would be a really good watch without Verstappen in F1
Really thought Norris would get his 1st win but MV again
Hamilton flying though could be a good end

Two of the four cars tested had low planks. I wonder if that would extrapolate if they had tested the whole field?
I actually thought about that during the race, because I noticed from the on board camera on Hamiltons car, it was bouncing like crazy. Almost looked worse than it was when they initially got the cars with ground effect downforce. Didn't notice it on other cars I saw from the on board camera.

Chuffing boring race atm. Could tell in the first race, this season was a right off.
Mexico is always terrible. The track is poorly designed (especially the pointless driving bit around the grandstand) and the air is too thin for any decent tow on the straights.

If Norris hadn't been out of position it would have been very boring indeed.

Back