• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

Mercedes seem to closing the gap now. Does that bode well for next season or is it impossible to tell as it's still too early?

Red Bull just so far ahead on the straight line speed, it's difficult to judge. Look at the Vegas track, it's basically a rectangle with a couple of turns, sort of race Red Bull will just thrive in.

Saying that, Ferrari were meant to have the best car this year. And in many cases, it did. But Red Bull (whom i despise) have been top banana on strategy calls. Ferrari have this fear mentally and it's totally cost them this year.

It's a shame, because he's driven in a really balanced way this season. But as soon as something isn't all about him, he shows his true self and throws his toys out.

Really hope Mercedes can keep the car this good for next season.
And Ferrari all go on a communications and race management course.
Will make next season great!

It's clear Red Bull won by doping last season.
The difficulty next season is Red Bull will still focus on Verstappen as No.1 driver, whereas Sainz & Leclerc and Hamilton & Russell don't have a clear cut distinction.

Should be a really good season next season.

Max "I've given my reasons" Verstappen.....the reason is you're a bellend.
Hopefully Perez will return the favour next season when Verstappen really needs it.

Some really stupid driving in this GP so far.

Mad Max barged Lewis off the road in Brazil again.
Where was he supposed to go? I'm with Brundle on that one. He had the right to be there, and Lewis left no space for him. That said, both could have done more to avoid it, but it's racing. No one wants to give in.

Well done George and Hamilton aswell for the 1-2.

How pathetic is Max, refused to give Perez his place back - he’s already won the Championship FFS.
Can’t stand the guy…..
No point in giving the place back, as he had a 5 second time penalty anyway.

Where was he supposed to go? I'm with Brundle on that one. He had the right to be there, and Lewis left no space for him. That said, both could have done more to avoid it, but it's racing. No one wants to give in.

He stuck it down the inside of a tight turn from half a car length back. Can’t make the move without contact, rightly got a penalty.

As a Lewis fan boy i think the Max penalty was harsh, i'd put it down to a racing incident.

But, absolutely no defence of his petulence which literally impacts the team. Even @Kandi1977 surely can't defend that. Red Bull are within touching distance of their first ever 1-2 in WDC. Just childish and has really made himself a totally needless issue.

Next year now, if Red Bull ask Checo to relent, will he bother? Will be interesting. Such a non-issue turned into something by Max himself.

Lewis in 2017 swapped back for Valteri. Because he's not a clam.

As a Lewis fan boy i think the Max penalty was harsh, i'd put it down to a racing incident.

But, absolutely no defence of his petulence which literally impacts the team. Even @Kandi1977 surely can't defend that. Red Bull are within touching distance of their first ever 1-2 in WDC. Just childish and has really made himself a totally needless issue.

Next year now, if Red Bull ask Checo to relent, will he bother? Will be interesting. Such a non-issue turned into something by Max himself.

Lewis in 2017 swapped back for Valteri. Because he's not a clam.
It's a competition. You should earn your rank on merit, not on being let through on purpose. Ferrari didn't let Leclerc pass Sainz, and rightly so. They're fighting for 1st losers place of the drivers championship. Had it been for the TEAM championship win, it would be an entirely different matter.

It's a competition. You should earn your rank on merit, not on being let through on purpose. Ferrari didn't let Leclerc pass Sainz, and rightly so. They're fighting for 1st losers place of the drivers championship. Had it been for the TEAM championship win, it would be an entirely different matter.

ha. banter. I'll remember that all the times Perez has let Max through or been instructed not to challenge like Spain this season.

ha. banter. I'll remember that all the times Perez has let Max through or been instructed not to challenge like Spain this season.
Team orders are ridiculous anyway, regardless of why and who. Unfortunately it's no way of stopping it. If forbidden, there's always ways to get around it.

He wouldn't have won the title last season had Perez not let him through a few times.

It's a team sport, not being a team player will cost him in future.

Abu Dhabi was insane! great trip, been ages since my last GP.

The seats we had were fantastic, right at Turn 9 so end of the DRS Straight allowing loads of overtaking.

Can see why so many took issue with Mazepin too. At the speeds they're going, you're putting your life on the line, but you're also putting it in the hands of fellow competitors. People like Mazepin shouldn't be trusted with that.

Abu Dhabi was insane! great trip, been ages since my last GP.

The seats we had were fantastic, right at Turn 9 so end of the DRS Straight allowing loads of overtaking.

Can see why so many took issue with Mazepin too. At the speeds they're going, you're putting your life on the line, but you're also putting it in the hands of fellow competitors. People like Mazepin shouldn't be trusted with that.
Yeah, it's quite something watching it live. Haven't been since Singapore and Malaysia in 2017

Must confess that I never really saw what was better about watching a GP live at the track as opposed to on TV.... Though I'm anything but a motor racing enthusiast I'll admit.

Years ago I went to Silverstone with a friend who was one of those weird people who are really into cars (I had posters of attractive women up on my walls as a teenager and he instead had pictures of cars on his).... Anyway, it pee'd down with rain all day as we sat there and watched cars speed past us, with some of the crowd cheering when it happened to be a red car with yellow bits on going past and a larger portion of the crowd cheering when it happened to be a British driver going past. We then queued for hours trying to get out after the race.

I guess it might've been more fun in the sunshine and while putting away copious amounts of booze instead of driving to and from the event but then again any even is made better by that! :D

Back