• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Former Player Appreciation Thread

It’s quite sudden, I hope he’s ok.

He's been planning it for a while according to rumours, and ended up postponing it once Wales made it to the World Cup so he went to the US for those extra 6 months etc. They say he wants to try and go pro at Golf but who knows. We'll have to wait and see. I do wonder if he will go into the details regarding all his injury woes over the last 5 years or so at some point, Def seemed some underlying problem holding him back somewhat. Still, won a brick load of Champions League and can't really complain can he!

Yeah, it was more like a Defoe highlights. Posted it before I watch the entire video....

They should just show the goals and highlights from his last season here - that was insane. As good a season as you'd get from one player. He carried us massively back then, with some ridiculously great and important goals. Found this, which shows a lot of them:

Number 2 is my favourite Bale goal - outrageous technique to score there. Still gives me goosebumps watching it. That's so incredibly hard to pull off, yet he makes it look so easy.
I could never understand how more wasn't made of that goal, unbelievable technique and athleticism. Still hard to top his overhead in the CL final and to make it even sweeter it stopped those scouse clams from winning it.

I'm too young to have seen Hoddle, Gazza et al but I feel like I'll be talking about Bale like people talk about them. Watched him go from an awkward young kid into a genuine superstar in what felt like a few months. That goal away to West Ham is the one that will always stick out for me.

Number 2 is my favourite Bale goal - outrageous technique to score there. Still gives me goosebumps watching it. That's so incredibly hard to pull off, yet he makes it look so easy.

I could never understand how more wasn't made of that goal, unbelievable technique and athleticism. Still hard to top his overhead in the CL final and to make it even sweeter it stopped those scouse clams from winning it.
Totally agree. One of the best goals I've ever seen!
Head high volley in the top corner, and he makes it look so easy and natural. It's an outrageous goal!

The CL final overhead kick is the greatest goal ever scored imo.

His volley against Stoke was brilliant too.

The fact he won’t be in the discussion for 1 of the best ever is what is wrong with the game and the fans nowadays. He has achieved more than a lot of those players people will pick in their list of top 10 best ever players.

The fact he won’t be in the discussion for 1 of the best ever is what is wrong with the game and the fans nowadays. He has achieved more than a lot of those players people will pick in their list of top 10 best ever players.

Best player we’ve ever had imo, and one of the best ever.

Done absolutely all the game asked, anyone saying it was a wasted career or he underachieved are talking jive

Done absolutely all the game asked, anyone saying it was a wasted career or he underachieved are talking jive

Certainly not a wasted career, but for me retiring so young is a waste of a very special talent, still a lot to offer.
Unless of course its injury driven.
I think he handled his career badly the last few years, but I wish we could handle it that bad .
Thanks for memories and best of luck in whatever he does.

Best player in a spurs shirt i've watched, even when before he achieved his potential.
So glad for what he did in R Madrid and the little Cameo return recently.

Back