• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Former Player Appreciation Thread

Nice to see Pat Jennings is still appreciated.

New Year Honours: Pat Jennings 'absolutely delighted' with CBE
Jennings is involved with cross-community charity work and in grassroots football with the Irish FA. He says his work in football reminds him of when he started out playing the sport.

"It brings it right back to me. Those sorts of people in grassroots football nowadays, they are the people who set me up way back 65 years ago.

"I love going around the country acknowledging the work those people do.

"My weeks wouldn't be the same if I wasn't involved with those charities. They are all great causes so it is great to be able to do something to support them."

and Everton have (apparently) said they don't want him back!

Regardless of reason or fault, it's just a very sad state of affairs really, the way his career has gone downhill.

Where do people think it did go downhill?

My twopenny's worth is:
1. That injury he got from Pickford in the 6-2 win at Goodison before xmas 2018
2. then still being picked when returning but still sub-par in Spring 2019 instead of being made to fight for his place a bit more
3. Joseball

Regardless, sad waste of talent:(

My twopenny's worth is:
2. then still being picked when returning but still sub-par in Spring 2019 instead of being made to fight for his place a bit more
3. Joseball

When I was there for PL work it was said he had really bad family issues affecting him, he always seemed abit of a shell when I saw him, literally just being, no emotion good or bad, literally hardly saw him talking.

Sadly, it this move gets cancelled I think there is a HUGE chance he calls time on his career

My twopenny's worth is:
3. Joseball

I think it coincided when he started getting involved in the fashion side of things. I don’t think he has ever fell out of love with the game, or isn’t trying etc but he has focused on his fashion label etc and at the top level these days, if you aren’t putting 100 per cent into your football you’re going to fall short. He is still trying but not as intensely now he has other interests and it’s showing. Just my opinion. Will always hold him in high regard :(….

An incredible player, another of those special players we've got to watch at The Lane over the years. 5x Champions League winner, nothing to prove to anyone. Hope he enjoys his retirement.

It went a bit sour for him at Madrid, but they're a bunch of clams anyway.

Back