• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Manager 2017

StephenH

David Ginola
Anybody playing it?
Is it any good?
Last version I played was 2015 which was little too easy but still fun.

I've got it - much faster on my Mac this year so for that reason I really like it but other than that not really many groundbreaking features. If you enjoy reading nonsense on social media, fortunately they've added that this year (it actually is kind of interesting to read.)

Just as addictive as ever too.

I've got it - much faster on my Mac this year so for that reason I really like it but other than that not really many groundbreaking features. If you enjoy reading nonsense on social media, fortunately they've added that this year (it actually is kind of interesting to read.)

Just as addictive as ever too.

Ill give it a go till xmas then give to my 9yo grandson - he loves 2015!

Downloaded this tonight. Two games in, as Spurs, have sold Ben Davies. I signed Michael Keane & Assensio. I tried to get rid of Sisokko but he wouldn't accept Monaco's contract.

I beat Leicester 3-1 away, and Watford 1-0 at home.

I haven't played FM in years..so I'm still catching up on the ways of the game, but it's a fun distraction for now.

Was going to buy it earlier in the week but might leave it for now......don't want to get sidetracked coming upto Christmas. Its that type of game that for the next month you use every 'spare' moment playing it!

I've really cooled on the latest versions, tbh. '05, '06 and '07 were the best ones in terms of the time I spent on them (as much as humanly possible, given that I was a feckless student ), and I found the ones from '08 to '12 really enjoyable - my greatest success came in the last one, when I made Rochdale unbeaten Prem champions and was a whisker away from winning the CL three times on the spin, thanks almost entirely to a GHod-like regen named Pauletto from Brazil who scored 55, 59 and 63 goals respectively.

Then something changed in '13, and the ones afterward - you couldn't just find a successful tactic or two and transplant them across teams anymore, and a lot more work was needed to tailor your tactics to individual games and leagues. As someone who viewed games in the match engine in 'Extended' highlights mode up until that point, it was a struggle to watch the whole thing and actually pinpoint what was going right and wrong. I missed '15 because of straightened financial circumstances :p , then '16 came out and just broke me entirely - it took way too much time to figure out what was going wrong as I kept getting sacked, and '16 in particular was horrible because the match engine excessively rewarded tactics that used traditional wingers getting down the line and getting balls into the box - I have a pathological fudging aversion to playing that way, since I nearly always go for some variation of narrow teams with wing-backs and one-two passes in the final third. :)

I don't know if I'll pick up '17, in all honesty. If you guys like it, do let me know - also, I'd love to hear if they fixed that whole 'wingers are gods' thing from the '16 ME.

I've really cooled on the latest versions, tbh. '05, '06 and '07 were the best ones in terms of the time I spent on them (as much as humanly possible, given that I was a feckless student ), and I found the ones from '08 to '12 really enjoyable - my greatest success came in the last one, when I made Rochdale unbeaten Prem champions and was a whisker away from winning the CL three times on the spin, thanks almost entirely to a GHod-like regen named Pauletto from Brazil who scored 55, 59 and 63 goals respectively.

Then something changed in '13, and the ones afterward - you couldn't just find a successful tactic or two and transplant them across teams anymore, and a lot more work was needed to tailor your tactics to individual games and leagues. As someone who viewed games in the match engine in 'Extended' highlights mode up until that point, it was a struggle to watch the whole thing and actually pinpoint what was going right and wrong. I missed '15 because of straightened financial circumstances :p , then '16 came out and just broke me entirely - it took way too much time to figure out what was going wrong as I kept getting sacked, and '16 in particular was horrible because the match engine excessively rewarded tactics that used traditional wingers getting down the line and getting balls into the box - I have a pathological fudgeing aversion to playing that way, since I nearly always go for some variation of narrow teams with wing-backs and one-two passes in the final third. :)

I don't know if I'll pick up '17, in all honesty. If you guys like it, do let me know - also, I'd love to hear if they fixed that whole 'wingers are gods' thing from the '16 ME.

I've got it. But there are only so many thing they can "upgrade"!
It's OK but not different enough from my last version 2015 IMHO

I've got it. But there are only so many thing they can "upgrade"!
It's OK but not different enough from my last version 2015 IMHO

Yeah, that's fair enough, I suppose - I can't expect them to account for my tactical inflexibility, after all. :p Let me know how your game goes, mate - if you find it's easier and less time-consuming than 15 perhaps was, I'll definitely look at picking it up in the Christmas sales.

Back