• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football and TV

The current model is, there are a lot of people who can't afford pay to view TV and it's their only chance to see some football. It would be better if it went back to being an "old fashioned" highlight show, get rid of all the pundits and waffle just intro and summary. I stopped watching when I worked out that it averaged 50%ish action and the rest chat and replays.

Gone are the days when MOTD was your only option if you didnt have Sky. All the highlights, goals, even the live matches and match replays can be found online for free pretty easily. I doubt many youngsters these days are paying any attention to MOTD when they have phones and laptops to watch whatever they need, whenever they need.

Gone are the days when MOTD was your only option if you didnt have Sky. All the highlights, goals, even the live matches and match replays can be found online for free pretty easily. I doubt many youngsters these days are paying any attention to MOTD when they have phones and laptops to watch whatever they need, whenever they need.

The world does have people other than youngsters, and why would anyone want to watch football on a phone or 15in screen? Somethings in games aren't clear on a 60in TV. Just gadget mad.

The world does have people other than youngsters, and why would anyone want to watch football on a phone or 15in screen? Somethings in games aren't clear on a 60in TV. Just gadget mad.
True, most TVs are smart TVs nowadays too though so my boys watch football on various apps or you tube on the main TV in the living room.

I think Lineker will soon be replaced with a variety of rotating presenters and it just won't work as it's already a dying show, much like Football Focus and Question of Sport etc.

Back