• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Flu remedies

ringo

Tim Sherwood
Currently got flu - don't know which version.
Day 6 - don't feel too bad now - but struggling to a) shift nasty repetitive cough b) get past the magic "it's all feeling better from here" point. [Had some evil nights]

Resting up in theory not a problem as self-employed and work from home.

Question for those who have had flu this season:

1) how long before you felt normal again?
2) Any successful strategies for getting well sooner?
3) Drug regime (non-recreational)

Thanks all.

1) I'm 14 days in today, I started feeling better on Sunday, so 5 days ago, but I'm still coughing as mad, and there's enough snot in my nose to feed a family of four for a couple of months, so still not feeling "well", but I've been at work every day this week.
2) Don't freeze, drink lots of water, stay still as much as possible, but get some fresh air every now and then as well
3) I've started my past five days with 1000mg of Paracetamol

Drink loads, rest as much as you can

Honey, hot water and lemon slices

No cold and flu remedies from the chemist as all they do is suppress the symptoms

1) I'm 14 days in today, I started feeling better on Sunday, so 5 days ago, but I'm still coughing as mad, and there's enough snot in my nose to feed a family of four for a couple of months, so still not feeling "well", but I've been at work every day this week.
2) Don't freeze, drink lots of water, stay still as much as possible, but get some fresh air every now and then as well
3) I've started my past five days with 1000mg of Paracetamol

14 days! and only feeling better after nine days. and then not properly. brick.
oh well -- I've got the mad coughing going on and also struggling a bit with body temp during night.

seems like drinking water is important, i will drink more

14 days! and only feeling better after nine days. and then not properly. brick.
oh well -- I've got the mad coughing going on and also struggling a bit with body temp during night.

seems like drinking water is important, i will drink more

Yeah, it's a mare over here. Lots of co-workers, family members and friends out cold with it too. My son has been sick over a week now too, and my dad has stayed home from work for two weeks - the first time he's ever done that, and he's 64 (a proper workaholic, to tell the truth, but very physically healthy for his age), and he's still got a cough and a fever.

Have you tried crying? Like really howling it out. And get yourself a bottle of aquavit, that thing can cure AIDS.

Serves you right for going outside. Freaks. Of course you're gonna catch a cold. It's really cold outside, and lots of people have got colds. Just stay home until retirement age.

There is no cure, only comfort from meds and alcohol if that is your thing. Over 200 identified variants of the badly named 'common cold' and counting, the rhinovirus being the most common (which freaks people out when you tell them you have it - try it). The flu is just one family of the not so 'common cold' which you don't get from being cold. You can't vaccinate against them all, just the freaky ones. So let's hope it does't mutate into something crazy or we are all fudged really. Get drunk and get a shotgun. Good spread (sic. Bill Burr).

Last edited:
which you don't get from being cold
I disagree. I am almost guaranteed to get a cold if I go out in a t-shirt with wet hair... but I very rarely get a cold, as I always wrap up warm.
I know scientists say being cold has nothing to do with it, but I personally feel there is a direct causation and correlation.

I disagree. I am almost guaranteed to get a cold if I go out in a t-shirt with wet hair... but I very rarely get a cold, as I always wrap up warm.
I know scientists say being cold has nothing to do with it, but I personally feel there is a direct causation and correlation.
Well there's always one weirdo.

Well, freezing alone won't make you sick, but it might weaken your immune system to make you more likely to catch a cold when one with the virus is around. ;)

You have hair?

I thought that (some) scientists had found there was causation, although perhaps this Yale Uni study has since been debunked...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...cause-colds-study-finds-idUSKBN0KE1OK20150105

Hee hee!
That would be WOOOOOOOOMPH!
I had loads of hair. It had always been a bit too thick if anything. Never thought about losing it, and then... oh jeez, what is that... WHAT IS THAT!
I have thick, lustrous hair. The thought of losing it is non existent. I've had dreams, no, nightmares though, were I went bald. What's this thread about again?

Back