• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2023/24

But in what way? Buy a ticket for £30 with no intention of going to the match, get your loyalty points, flog your ticket?

The system needs looked at, everything should be digital by now with updating QR codes, or those Tickermaster tickets with the floating barcode.
Was stood in front of a few blokes at Fulham away in the cup earlier this season who were discussing this, they all have enough LPs to get a ticket for every game so all apply for every game and share them amongst their friends and family.

I’ve been the recipient of tickets via this method before (City away in 2010…) so won’t be a hypocrite but yeh, it needs changing at some point.

It's probably way too early to predict but does anyone think either of the home games for Luton or Forest at the end of March/early April will get moved from Sat 3pm? Tickets are on sale next week and I wanna take the kids to a weekend game and not a Friday night game
Have spent £1500 on flights and hotel for me and my son to go to London for the Luton game (his first), so I fully expect it to be moved to a late Friday night kickoff. Could be interesting with a 7 year old accustomed to be asleep at 8pm. 😬

Have spent £1500 on flights and hotel for me and my son to go to London for the Luton game (his first), so I fully expect it to be moved to a late Friday night kickoff. Could be interesting with a 7 year old accustomed to be asleep at 8pm. 😬
Yeah same. I took my 7 and 9 year olds to an England game recently and they were still awake and going mental at midnight lol

Was stood in front of a few blokes at Fulham away in the cup earlier this season who were discussing this, they all have enough LPs to get a ticket for every game so all apply for every game and share them amongst their friends and family.

I’ve been the recipient of tickets via this method before (City away in 2010…) so won’t be a hypocrite but yeh, it needs changing at some point.

I’ll admit I’ve done the same and have used my mate’s ticket. I know I’m not helping myself or the system but it’s the only friggin way I can get a ticket for an away game unless it’s a cup game and we get additional allocation. Been a ST holder since 2015 but I don’t seem to be making any headway in catching people up. Seem to be falling further behind if anything.

But in what way? Buy a ticket for £30 with no intention of going to the match, get your loyalty points, flog your ticket?

The system needs looked at, everything should be digital by now with updating QR codes, or those Tickermaster tickets with the floating barcode.
Many away tickets are now downloaded to STs registered phone (just like home tickets are)...harder to pass on and risky if you only have a screen shot.

The way things are going we could get to 2 weeks notice it was left to these fools
If they had their way it'd probably be like it used to be in Spain (still is?). Have to book the whole weekend in Barca because they don't announce when El Classico is going to be until the day before.

Thankfully the old bill will have the ultimate say.

That said, the fvcking railways are making getting to the game (or home) a lottery these days :mad:

That said, the fvcking railways are making getting to the game (or home) a lottery these days :mad:
I've not got direct trains to London for 4 out of the next 6 games, so my 35 min journey now becomes 100 mins as it's train, bus, tube
Totes amazeballs

I've not got direct trains to London for 4 out of the next 6 games, so my 35 min journey now becomes 100 mins as it's train, bus, tube
Totes amazeballs
Know what you mean. Current 4 including last night are (1) 30 mile drive, train, tube o/ground then reverse, (2) train, tube, o/ground then reverse with added bus 30 miles past Leeds to York and train back (3) train Leeds to Manchester then Euston, tube o/ground and reverse (4) train Leeds to Sheffield then St Pancras tube, o/ground and reverse.

Last night my train down was cancelled and they put on 5 carriages to accommodate passengers from 2 x 10 carriage trains. And the same coming back. They were dancing (standing) in the aisles.....

Know what you mean. Current 4 including last night are (1) 30 mile drive, train, tube o/ground then reverse, (2) train, tube, o/ground then reverse with added bus 30 miles past Leeds to York and train back (3) train Leeds to Manchester then Euston, tube o/ground and reverse (4) train Leeds to Sheffield then St Pancras tube, o/ground and reverse.

Last night my train down was cancelled and they put on 5 carriages to accommodate passengers from 2 x 10 carriage trains. And the same coming back. They were dancing (standing) in the aisles.....
I can only applaud fans like you (and @DeanoAustin, @nelto, @Jordinho and many others that I can’t recall right now) who put in so much time, effort and money to travel from afar to watch us play. It shames me when I moan about having to go a few miles out my normal route to an alternative station or a bus replacement when the inconvenience is minimal really, when compared to others. Unfortunately you are invisible to the broadcasters.

Transport in the UK is such a brick show that I don't know how you all put up with it. Going to and from Luton last October took me the whole day...and that was from Paddington.

In Japan I get profuse apologies and a late note if the trains are delayed by a couple of minutes.

Having done a bunch of pre/post-season international matches I'm all for them. But this seems a bit much...

I am guessing if they are planning to do it, it would be the weekend we were due to play Chelsea. We play Wolves at home Feb 17 and then do not play again until Palace on Mar 2
The 5th round matches of the FA Cup are midweek around 28 February. Its a long round trip for a game in mid-season though

I am guessing if they are planning to do it, it would be the weekend we were due to play Chelsea. We play Wolves at home Feb 17 and then do not play again until Palace on Mar 2
The 5th round matches of the FA Cup are midweek around 28 February. Its a long round trip for a game in mid-season though
It's post-season. May 22 is the proposed date, which wouldn't work if we had made it to the Final.

Back