• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2022/23

I think a quarter (or other percentage) of away tickets being made available for ballot whilst retaining the majority for LPs would make sense

I’ve always thought some sort of ballot process, even 10% would be fair. The current system is pretty close to the fairest way of distributing tickets, but it does fuel fans buying tickets purely for the points and selling them on, and the people at the bottom of the ladder can’t catch up or have to play the game otherwise they will be pensioners by the time they can get tickets for Arsenal away.

I’ve always thought some sort of ballot process, even 10% would be fair. The current system is pretty close to the fairest way of distributing tickets, but it does fuel fans buying tickets purely for the points and selling them on, and the people at the bottom of the ladder can’t catch up or have to play the game otherwise they will be pensioners by the time they can get tickets for Arsenal away.
Same, given the cost of a home ticket it's worth £60 on two tickets even with the intent of attending only one to protect the points. Especially if you are London based as the travel cost is negligible for those games.

I'm just not sure how you can realistically police the attendance of an away game by the purchaser.

53E231B3-1269-44BA-AD1F-7BB9EB9C7B89.jpeg Before they go on the ticket exchange I’m probably selling the following matches (all FV obviously) due to an unexpected family commitment

Arsenal
Emirates Marketing Project
West Ham
Chelsea
Safe standing area 254 row 25
CRN needed pm if interested

What's the reason why we go to City on Thurs 19th and then Fulham away on Mon 21st?

Other PL teams, aside from CIty (who play us on the Thurs and then Wolves on the Sun), play once in that week

What's the reason why we go to City on Thurs 19th and then Fulham away on Mon 21st?

Other PL teams, aside from CIty (who play us on the Thurs and then Wolves on the Sun), play once in that week

It's the game that was cancelled when the Queen died, and I guess this is the best date for the rearrangement, due to both being in the CL. At least I think that's why?

I don't see how that would stop passing tickets on, in fact makes it easier
Refreshing of QR codes or not revealing them until 2 hours before the event like Dice do appears to be the route to tackle passing on atm.

I would add though that tech is not for everyone and you also have to consider mobile/wifi reception at events and battery life on your phone. All barriers to it being a complete answer.

I think you've answered your own question. Passing on a screenshot is 10secs work?

It's easy to share, yes. But some people might be more wary of travelling half way round the country on the basis of a screenshot in case there are any checks. I think I would.
But maybe it won't make any discernible difference, and will just be a more efficient way of ticketing - unless the technology where the QR code is updated is eventually introduced.

This is the technology being used in this instance:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/safetix

It's worth bearing in mind that this is only currently possible between clubs using the same ticketing provider (us and West Ham both use Ticketmaster, hence the trial between the two clubs). As it stands, unless all PL clubs move to a single ticketing provider, this will be a minority and fixtures with a combination of ticketing providers would likely remain paper tickets. Forest and Arsenal also use Ticketmaster, with SeatGeek holding a lion's share of PL clubs.

You also have the issue of clubs being promoted and what ticketing provider they use. If it's different to the rest of the PL, digital tickets won't work for their fixtures. Of course, tech is forever changing and I'm sure it won't be long before these issues are ironed out.

Last edited:
It's easy to share, yes. But some people might be more wary of travelling half way round the country on the basis of a screenshot in case there are any checks. I think I would.
But maybe it won't make any discernible difference, and will just be a more efficient way of ticketing - unless the technology where the QR code is updated is eventually introduced.

If i have to miss a game, which is becoming a more regular occurance now i have a 1 year old, it's much easier to send a screenshot as opposed to transfering it through the official process - it'll be the same for this setup for away tickets i'd imagine

If i have to miss a game, which is becoming a more regular occurance now i have a 1 year old, it's much easier to send a screenshot as opposed to transfering it through the official process - it'll be the same for this setup for away tickets i'd imagine

Always screenshot for me, our systems are clunky and crap to navigate

Never had a problem sharing tickets this way

I've bought my seat for Milan, would be nice knowing when we play Forest so I can buy flights. If it's Saturday, I might stay for it.

Thursday 19th and Monday 21st? Either your calender or your maths needs an upgrade ;)

Back