• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2017/18

We're in a unique situation here. Pretty certain no club has ever gone 'overnight' from a 30k+ stadium to a 90k one like we are doing. This on top of being closely surrounded for home games by major rivals in such a large stadium. So with an extra 50k+ tickets available I'll be amazed if it all goes smoothly, especially for our A games against London clubs. Chelscum will doubtless descend in numbers, the chance of gatecrashing our party will likely be too much for them to resist even though it will mean registering on our database.

You'll have to have bought a ticket previously, you can't just register now and get one. We'll have to see tomorrow, but I think Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham at least will come with some restricitions.

Good points SOTM. It's going to be very interesting how the club balance the need to sell the thousands of empty seats v doing their best to ensure there's no trouble at the game.

For me the club set the prices too high this season, now coupled with the lack of new signings, have left us facing an embarrassing situation with lots of empty seats in a game between last seasons 'top two'. A London derby to boot.

I don't think registering on our database is going to be enough of a deterrent to Chelsea fans. Surely it will be something like you have bought something from the club, and/or maybe a date cut-off as well, (e.g July 1 this year, anyone 'registering after that won't count for ticketing purposes for this game?)

Gonna be fascinating what the club come up with, I assume they have had input from the police, and maybe THST too?

It's a question of how low we'd have to go to guarantee filling the stadium. Getting 80,000 at the current prices generates more income than cutting every ticket by £5 to get 90K.

You'll have to have bought a ticket previously, you can't just register now and get one. We'll have to see tomorrow, but I think Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham at least will come with some restricitions.
Thanks, did not know that, so hopefully okay for the Chelsea game at least. Although the Spammers had a few problems when they moved to Stratford so it could still get interesting.

Good comments Jordinho.

For me, it's better to see the ground full and if necessary lose out a little on overall revenue.

I can live with oppo fans laughing at us if we fail to sell out v Chelsea, but I'd rather not hear the jokes and jibes. Especially as after we sold all our STs various fans on Twitter were claiming 'we're gonna sell out Wembley, blah, blah.'

This "only when sold out first" restriction is really brick! So as a member, trying to get the best seats from what's left each time (i completely appreciate that STHs should have the best picks), I have to buy a seat in an upper tier but then can find out there were actually better seats available through STHs that couldn't turn up!? By which time it's too late to do anything about it.

If the Club know in advance that STHs have made their seats available, i don't see why they can't show those as green when members go online to purchase theirs??

The way i read it, ST holders can register there ticket for sale at anytime and WILL be available for members to purchase. The 'sold out' requirement only comes into play when you want to sell it to a non-member.

The way i read it, ST holders can register there ticket for sale at anytime and WILL be available for members to purchase. The 'sold out' requirement only comes into play when you want to sell it to a non-member.

I think they just mean that when sale opens for One Hotspur members, seasons tickets can be listed as available for sale. Sale starts when the rest have sold out.

It's a question of how low we'd have to go to guarantee filling the stadium. Getting 80,000 at the current prices generates more income than cutting every ticket by £5 to get 90K.
I just don't understand why people should care what other fans think about thier club or fans, most people who follow football now have little concept of the game or sportsmanship. I don't think there is a football club in England that could sell 80,000 every home game, United aren't a football club they are an event for tourist and people with low esteem issues. If we play well people will want to watch. I also find it amusing the number of "fans" complaining about the handling of reselling thier tickets after the years of moaning they can't get a ticket, I've never sold my ticket and always find someone to go in my place if I can't go.

I just don't understand why people should care what other fans think about thier club or fans, most people who follow football now have little concept of the game or sportsmanship. I don't think there is a football club in England that could sell 80,000 every home game, United aren't a football club they are an event for tourist and people with low esteem issues. If we play well people will want to watch. I also find it amusing the number of "fans" complaining about the handling of reselling thier tickets after the years of moaning they can't get a ticket, I've never sold my ticket and always find someone to go in my place if I can't go.

I wish i could give that more then the one like. You have summed it up 100%.

As I say, I can live with what other fans say. But it would have been great PR to have sold 86k for the Chelsea game and have broken the all-time record for an English club home attendance

(Currently held by us, but for a CL game) It would have made big news I think, especially if we won. I think our record breaking attendances in the CL didn't get the publicity they deserved because we lost both games, also I think with Sky etc, a PL all-time record would generate more 'noise'

As I say, I can live with what other fans say. But it would have been great PR to have sold 86k for the Chelsea game and have broken the all-time record for an English club home attendance

(Currently held by us, but for a CL game) It would have made big news I think, especially if we won. I think our record breaking attendances in the CL didn't get the publicity they deserved because we lost both games, also I think with Sky etc, a PL all-time record would generate more 'noise'
1. give it time, still more than a fortnight to go
2. it's Cheatski, the champions and currently our fiercest rivals
3. it's Wembley
4. we finished second last season for the first time in half a century
5. loads of people still on holiday
6. the media will stir things up nicely in the build-up to the game

So it could still be a sell-out.

Sure hope you're right SOTM.

I think by this time tomorrow when it has gone to GS, we'll be in a lot better position to guess what's going to happen.

I think it will, I went in to get a guest ticket earlier and only the top tier was really available

when it goes to general tomorrow we'll have the usual bun fight

I received a text message (not something I've received from the club before):

Spurs vs Chelsea, Sun 20 Aug.
Members' guest on-sale now open.
Buy up to three tickets for friends and family today

They had said on the official site in the ticketing advice that the one day guest window would allow you to buy just 1 guest ticket. (i'm not talking about that press release above)

Already changing policy to fill the behemoth up?

I think it will, I went in to get a guest ticket earlier and only the top tier was really available

when it goes to general tomorrow we'll have the usual bun fight
Yeah.....i purchased tickets earlier. It was weird that there was quite a chunk of availability in the Club Wembley and Upper tier directly above the Away section lower tier.

Back