• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2016/17

The price of progress and success I suppose. Away games becoming a rarity for mere mortals, and if we don't get to a Cup Semi or Final before the new Stadium opens and 40k new ST holders, I probably will never get to Wembley again. Bronze membership is fast becoming worthless.

Its not really to do with the progress, it simply is this cap. This never happened before and yet they are trying to deny that the cap has caused a higher uptake of ST applying by comparison to seasons gone by. More and more people who wouldn't normally bother going to Chelsea as an example because of the price have blatantly applied, its got nothing to do with our form, lets face it and it has required a higher points total than last season when we had to win to stay in the title race.

Knew it at the time that it was a complete nonsense and nothing has changed my mind. As I've advocated before, 10-15% of away allocation should be purely for members to apply for so they are rewarded for going to those games and putting in the miles when we aren't challenging and have a chance when the big fixtures come around.

Its not really to do with the progress, it simply is this cap. This never happened before and yet they are trying to deny that the cap has caused a higher uptake of ST applying by comparison to seasons gone by. More and more people who wouldn't normally bother going to Chelsea as an example because of the price have blatantly applied, its got nothing to do with our form, lets face it and it has required a higher points total than last season when we had to win to stay in the title race.

Knew it at the time that it was a complete nonsense and nothing has changed my mind. As I've advocated before, 10-15% of away allocation should be purely for members to apply for so they are rewarded for going to those games and putting in the miles when we aren't challenging and have a chance when the big fixtures come around.

I think that is fair really, still gives 85% of the tickets still to ST's and as you say gives loyal members who have been going to lots of games in the previous 5 seasons some reward

Forgetting that Corporates also have a % of the away allocation which may well be increasing when the new stadium arrives.

They do get an allocation but it's still done in points or even a draw. I tried getting pooscatsle tickets through a box holder I know who has had it for years.... the club put all the tickets into a ballot and they didn't get any despite spending almost 6 figures a season at the club

I have emailed the trust in order for them to suggest the percentage set aside for members given the impact of the cap. I have no doubt they will say they can't implement anything this season but even if they were to take it forward then its a result. As it stands, this system is treating members as less important which is totally wrong.

I thought it went that members come after season ticket holders irrelevant of loyalty points

It's not something I agree with but in order to fix it they would need to align the points given to season ticket holders so that they get the same as a member sound for attending every game

The problem here also is that the members who would get the 10/15% would be on a crazily high points

I'm going Chelsea this season as it's £30.... that's the only reason. I wouldn't pay £60 for that place

321 for Chelsea last season....317 this season.

The £30 cap will be saving me a fair few quid this season!

I think for away games there's a case to be made that it should go purely on LPs - so a member with 200 points has a better chance of a ticket than a ST holder with 100

I think for away games there's a case to be made that it should go purely on LPs - so a member with 200 points has a better chance of a ticket than a ST holder with 100

I'm a season ticket holder but I agree

They just need to make sure that season ticket holders get the same points at the beginning of the season a member would for attending every game

I'm a season ticket holder but I agree

They just need to make sure that season ticket holders get the same points at the beginning of the season a member would for attending every game

ST holder should get more over a season - a signing on bonus or whatever as it's still a commitment made before a ball has even been kicked, which should be rewarded

ST holder should get more over a season - a signing on bonus or whatever as it's still a commitment made before a ball has even been kicked

Yeah I would say you get that advantage by getting all your points at the beginning like we do at the moment

The problem here also is that the members who would get the 10/15% would be on a crazily high points

I'm going Chelsea this season as it's £30.... that's the only reason. I wouldn't pay £60 for that place

It would be the case however it would be members and ST holders enjoying that privilege rather than just ST Holders. I think what it would also do would spur members on to go to some more of crappy home league games/cup games which of course is a bonus for club in terms of a bum on the seat and give members a realistic chance of competing for an away ticket.

The second part of your response is a case in point. Quite a few have felt that way about the £64 a ticket and I understand that but now I cant go in 2 weeks time because it is sold out despite having gone and paid that £60 odd despite our record there on numerous occasions. So that demonstrates to me that the cap is having an unintended consequence. Whereas before the tickets kind of found their level in that people just decided it wasn't worth the money so it nullified to a degree the points aspect, now it is so much cheaper that people apply and may not even go but will sell their ticket and keep the loyalty point.

Pretty frustrating overall. Its actually the one away game I really wanted to see after how it kicked off last season and having been there and felt the emotion I just knew the next game between the two would be worth the £64. Ah well, not to be.

Season Ticket Holders get 25 points for renewing and we get 15 points for renewing. Maybe it should be slightly changed and a ST Holder should get 30 and a member should get 10 so in order to break even with a ST holder then a member would to go to at least 4 Cat C games in a season before taking any additional points into account.

Its never going to be a perfect system and they don't even need to align the points because that is just open to so many suggestions. I just think having an individual window for members to apply for we shall say 15%/20% of an allocation is a fair way to go. For a 3,000 allocation that gives members 450-600 tickets to apply for which is the standard, for somewhere like Bournemouth it would be around 200/300 tickets and for somewhere like Man United away in the FA Cup it would be 1,750/2,000 for members out of a 10,250 allocation.

It gives everyone a bit of a go at that away day experience and certainly encourages more members to really attend a number of fixtures to get their points up rather than feeling like they aren't valued quite as highly when we all support the same team and roughly want the same things out of it.

It would be the case however it would be members and ST holders enjoying that privilege rather than just ST Holders. I think what it would also do would spur members on to go to some more of crappy home league games/cup games which of course is a bonus for club in terms of a bum on the seat and give members a realistic chance of competing for an away ticket.

The second part of your response is a case in point. Quite a few have felt that way about the £64 a ticket and I understand that but now I cant go in 2 weeks time because it is sold out despite having gone and paid that £60 odd despite our record there on numerous occasions. So that demonstrates to me that the cap is having an unintended consequence. Whereas before the tickets kind of found their level in that people just decided it wasn't worth the money so it nullified to a degree the points aspect, now it is so much cheaper that people apply and may not even go but will sell their ticket and keep the loyalty point.

Pretty frustrating overall. Its actually the one away game I really wanted to see after how it kicked off last season and having been there and felt the emotion I just knew the next game between the two would be worth the £64. Ah well, not to be.

Make no mistake I've paid the premium prices many times and seen much worse Spurs sides but I stopped going to as many away games purely because of family commitments and actual boredom (only so many drink sessions you can do)

I'm all for fair allocation against loyalty points full stop... otherwise what's the point

@Libero you get 15 points for renewing plus points for every game. We don't get any points for the 19 home league games which at a guess is 5 x 1 pointers (5 points). 7 x 3 pointers (21 points). 7 x 5 pointers (35 points)

So if you go every home game in the league as I do, but as a member you would have in a season 76 points vs my 25 (although I may be well out on my points guess)

It's why I say they have to harmonise the points to start with

If they did that then I'm all for the system working properly

@Libero you get 15 points for renewing plus points for every game. We don't get any points for the 19 home league games which at a guess is 5 x 1 pointers (5 points). 7 x 3 pointers (21 points). 7 x 5 pointers (35 points)

So if you go every home game in the league as I do, but as a member you would have in a season 76 points vs my 25 (although I may be well out on my points guess)

It's why I say they have to harmonise the points to start with

If they did that then I'm all for the system working properly

Oh I agree but the reality is that members will very rarely ever do that amount. It just isn't possible now to harmonise the points between the two different structures unless you reset everyone back to zero which is why I am of the opinion they should just have a separate, smaller allocation period for members. I will be a ST holder in a year or so time so actually I could just say maintain the status quo because it will suit me to a degree even though my points will lopped but I just think its a fairer way all round. Anyway, I shall not carp on anymore........what will be will be

Oh I agree but the reality is that members will very rarely ever do that amount. It just isn't possible now to harmonise the points between the two different structures unless you reset everyone back to zero which is why I am of the opinion they should just have a separate, smaller allocation period for members. I will be a ST holder in a year or so time so actually I could just say maintain the status quo because it will suit me to a degree even though my points will lopped but I just think its a fairer way all round. Anyway, I shall not carp on anymore........what will be will be

Actually what your talking about is easy

The loyalty points run for 5 years so you just give a season ticket holder the increase the number of years he has had his season ticket up to 5. They would keep any relevant additional points too

So in theory a season ticket Holder of 5 years would have a minimum 380 loyalty points

Would blow most members out of the water but at least then it would be fair as you could apply the loyalty points across the board

Your suggestion would never happen otherwise as the argument is always that a season ticket holder pays in advance for all games and can't pick and choose... plus of course there is the supply and demand issue

This is how I see it. Along similar lines I've been going to my "local" away games for the last 20 years. I haven't had a problem getting a ticket for Saudi Sportswashing Machine/Sunderland/Middlesbrough until last season. Saudi Sportswashing Machine, obviously was because we thought we might be lifting the title on the last day but it continued into the Middlesbrough game this season.

It doesn't sit right with me that I've sat through 0-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7 defeats up here and now because we've improved (and add in the cap) I'm now being bumped because guys who go to home games have decided they fancy the trip north despite not bothering for the last 20 years.

I think the cap has accelerated something that has been happening anyway over the last 2-3 years.
Up until the cup semi-final against Sheff Utd in 2014 I could basically apply for and get a ticket for any away game outside of London. For that game I was unsuccessful until Spurs got a larger allocation later on. I then applied for Wembley and expected to get a ticket, having had enough LPs for the finals and semi-finals of 2008/9/10/11. I nearly fell on the floor when I discovered I wasn't successful. From that point forwards its been proving more & more difficult to be successful to get tickets.

My LPs have remained pretty constant over the last 10 years, I go to something between 10-15 games per season. As I say that's been enough to go to Wembley cup finals etc but it appears that I'm being overtaken by people who are able to attend more games. My theory is that there is now a younger generation of Spurs fans who are going to games, have few outgoings so can spend more heavily on attendance and as a bonus are seeing Spurs at their most successful since the mid 80s. Add that to the £30 cap and you've got a perfect storm.

I can't see a fair way to solve things for people like me as it would be unfair to genuine ST holders who do want to attend more away games. I'll just have to suck it up and get on with it and use accounts like @hotspurtickets to get any spares. I have tried to go to more away games this season but have found pretty much every away game has gone to ST holders only! If you can't get a ticket how can you increase your LPs??
What I don't like is that there seems to be a significant number of people who are buying away tickets with no intention of attending the game. They are using it to accrue LPs to keep them at the head of the queue for games they do want to go to. That cannot be fair in anyone's book.

This is how I see it. Along similar lines I've been going to my "local" away games for the last 20 years. I haven't had a problem getting a ticket for Saudi Sportswashing Machine/Sunderland/Middlesbrough until last season. Saudi Sportswashing Machine, obviously was because we thought we might be lifting the title on the last day but it continued into the Middlesbrough game this season.

It doesn't sit right with me that I've sat through 0-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7 defeats up here and now because we've improved (and add in the cap) I'm now being bumped because guys who go to home games have decided they fancy the trip north despite not bothering for the last 20 years.

I think the cap has accelerated something that has been happening anyway over the last 2-3 years.
Up until the cup semi-final against Sheff Utd in 2014 I could basically apply for and get a ticket for any away game outside of London. For that game I was unsuccessful until Spurs got a larger allocation later on. I then applied for Wembley and expected to get a ticket, having had enough LPs for the finals and semi-finals of 2008/9/10/11. I nearly fell on the floor when I discovered I wasn't successful. From that point forwards its been proving more & more difficult to be successful to get tickets.

My LPs have remained pretty constant over the last 10 years, I go to something between 10-15 games per season. As I say that's been enough to go to Wembley cup finals etc but it appears that I'm being overtaken by people who are able to attend more games. My theory is that there is now a younger generation of Spurs fans who are going to games, have few outgoings so can spend more heavily on attendance and as a bonus are seeing Spurs at their most successful since the mid 80s. Add that to the £30 cap and you've got a perfect storm.

I can't see a fair way to solve things for people like me as it would be unfair to genuine ST holders who do want to attend more away games. I'll just have to suck it up and get on with it and use accounts like @hotspurtickets to get any spares. I have tried to go to more away games this season but have found pretty much every away game has gone to ST holders only! If you can't get a ticket how can you increase your LPs??
What I don't like is that there seems to be a significant number of people who are buying away tickets with no intention of attending the game. They are using it to accrue LPs to keep them at the head of the queue for games they do want to go to. That cannot be fair in anyone's book.

Man U have a system where they bring staff to check people's ID. If you buy an away ticket and can't make it you have to notify the ticket office in advance or you'll be banned from going to away games.

There was a story about a guy who lost his season ticket after falling ill and not calling it in, which was a bit harsh, but I'm in favour of the ID. I'll never be able to go as an away supporter to anything but the brickst fixtures, but I think it's the only way to stop the hoarding of LPs.

Back