• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

First game at White Hart Lane - 1986

brick, White Hart Lane has really evolved over the years. Does anyone know if there exist any books or videos or websites with brickloads of pictures of White Hart Lane over the years? Would be nice to see how it has evolved.

My first game was vs Villa in '99 (a week before the Worthington Cup final), 13 years old, we won 1-0 thanks to a late Tim Sherwood scrappy goal. Couldn't find it on YouTube. :(

There was a thread on the old board that was collating loads of old pictures of the lane through the years. It was brilliant to see the changes. I remember when the west stand was going up and you could see the high road from the shelf

3rd May 1982 Spurs 2 Liverpool 2.... threw away a 2 goal lead that day too! Steve Archibald and Steve Perryman for us, Dagleish and I think Nicol for them

my first game ( I think ) was West Ham at home 1994/95 when we beat them 1-0? Dani played for West Ham

or it was Spurs vs Southampton home FA Cup 1994/95 when 1-1 before the infamous replay 6-2. Whichever came first was my first game!

Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, 10 March 1962 no Youtube links to this but i remember it well, i was passed over the heads of those in front of me and down to the front of stand.

Score

2-0 to Tottenham Hotspur

Competition

FA Cup Quarter-final

Venue

White Hart Lane

Attendance

2 Tottenham Hotspur

0 Aston Villa

Goals:

Danny Blanchflower

Cliff Jones

Goals:

Starting lineup:

GoalkeeperBill Brown

Full backPeter Baker

Left backRon Henry

Centre halfMaurice Norman

MidfielderDanny Blanchflower

Left halfDave Mackay

ForwardBobby Smith

WingerCliff Jones

WingerTerry Medwin

Inside forwardJohn White

Inside forwardJimmy Greaves

Starting lineup:

GoalkeeperNigel Sims

Full backGordon Lee

Left backCharlie Aitken

Centre halfJohn Sleeuwenhoek

Wing halfMike Tindall

Wing halfAlan Deakin

Wing halfVic Crowe

Outside LeftHarry Burrows

Outside rightJimmy MacEwan

ForwardDerek Dougan

Inside Forward/Wing halfRon Wylie

. .

Last edited:
http://www.mirrorpix.com/webgate/

a few on there but you have to wade through a lot of related photo's as well

there was a fan website that had a good section on it about the ground changing over the years with a lot of photo's - can't remember the name of it though

EDIT : http://www.ohwhenthespurs.co.uk/

00328319.jpg

Nice! Fantastic, thanks a lot for the link. :) Does anyone have the old photos from the old thread? Would really like to see the evolution of The Lane in pictures. :)

I remember that game Cliff Jones scored with a diving header from just inside the box, for a little bloke he was a great header and totally fearless

Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, 10 March 1962 no Youtube links to this but i remember it well, i was passed over the heads of those in front of me and down to the front of stand.

Did you ever get to see Tommy Harmer play?

I would love to have been sent back in time for that

Look at the size of the shelf!

They really fudged it up when they re-built it didn't they!!!

I'm pretty sure that's the west stand as was? I stand to be corrected, but I thought the ****erel was always on top of that, plus the poles aren't there. But yeah I would give my left nut to stand on the shelf again. Used to be an amazing atmosphere

I'm pretty sure that's the west stand as was? I stand to be corrected, but I thought the ****erel was always on top of that, plus the poles aren't there. But yeah I would give my left nut to stand on the shelf again. Used to be an amazing atmosphere

The tunnel is on the side of the West stand, can't see it in the picture. Also, you can clearly see the commentators booth at the top. I thought there were ****erels on top of both East and West stands?

First was Spurs 0 Villa 2. 30/03/85

Clemence, Thomas, Bowen, Perryman, Miller, Ardiles, Hoddle, Crook, Galvin, Falco, Cooks, Sub Brooke

Posted these before - infamous Kodak Instamatic shots, taken from West Stand towards the Shelf:

Last edited:

No. That is/was the Shelf. And the poles ARE there.

I lost count how many times I got chucked out for having a knees-up right under the camera gantry.

Ahhh..........memories.

I remember that game Cliff Jones scored with a diving header from just inside the box, for a little bloke he was a great header and totally fearless

Yes he was and he could catch pigeons, i have a old shirt of his in the loft that i got after one of the games.

No. That is/was the Shelf. And the poles ARE there.

I lost count how many times I got chucked out for having a knees-up right under the camera gantry.

Ahhh..........memories.

Yeah you're right. I stood there from 11 until I was 20. I can't believe I didn't recognise it! I remember being chucked out for swearing on Boxing day when we drew 4-4 with Southampton

Back